IGNORED

Watch Tv From Back Home 3999 Baht NO MONTHLY FEES

Footymadstreams

A big challenge for me, but I just ordered the Himedia at 3.999 ThB.

when are you going to have it installed?  I hope to have the 3bb 50/10 connection installed sometime next week, then will get the same Himedia.

Post your early experiences in trying to learn to operate the box, will ya.

thanks

ez

I brought one of these TV Boxes in July and I said I would write a review here and I never did !

My situation here might interest some people.... I live on the outskirts of Pattaya in Mabprachan.

I have a rented house and I share my internet connection with another rental property and the landlord

When his kids ar home , my download speed gets very slow. ( its free)

So I want to leave feedback on how this TV box performs with a poor internet signal...

My download speed now at 17:00 on 22/9/16 is 11.89 mbps and my upload speed is 1.07mbps

Right now, at this speed of 11.89 mbps I can watch a movie instantly ..I have Money Call on in the background

but when the landlords kids are home and the other lodger is the other house that download speed drops to around 5-6mbps , I then watch the stuff I have download onto the box

( This is only becasue I have very slow Internet - No fault of the box)

But my routine is very simple.. before I go to bed , I select what I fancy watching next... a couple of movies maybe.. half a dozen episodes of a box set .. and I set the box to download them over night.. come the following evening, if my internet speed if slow again , I have some stuff stored in the box as a back up.

The box is brilliant.. I paid 4000 baht... I installed it myself and this took about 20 seconds.

I have watched so so many movies and box set I have definitely had value for money already and I have had the box less than 3 months

Because my internet is slow , I can't watch live TV here. I can get 5 seconds of BBC 1 and then it starts buffering

But the point of this review is to tell you all - Its worth getting one even if you live in a bad area like me,, I can't use the Live TV function , but this is the best system out there for watching movies and box sets, either live or download.

Anybody who lives around the lake in Mabprachan that doesn't want to go down to town.. You are welcome to come my home or I will bring my box to yours to show you how it works and to see if it works for you.

FYI - if you live in Mabprachan , go see BB in central festival.. apparently optical fibre is now an option in our area.. so if you have your own home you can upgrade to BKK download speeds

I certainly will, I don't know yet when I will have it, no answer yet from Footymadstreams, and I am away from 2.p.m. tomorrow for the w.e..

I learned already a little bit from Internet, was able to put Kodi on my P.C. and also to put Exodus, Specto-Fork and subtitles, but there are no subtitles for everything, at least I don't know how to do, took a time to get all this, sometime I wanted to forget all, I am from another  generation.

Now I don't know if my T.V.s ( Samsung & L.G.) will not be  to old, they are certainly not Smart Televisions.

• Like 1

I certainly will, I don't know yet when I will have it, no answer yet from Footymadstreams, and I am away from 2.p.m. tomorrow for the w.e..

I learned already a little bit from Internet, was able to put Kodi on my P.C. and also to put Exodus, Specto-Fork and subtitles, but there are no subtitles for everything, at least I don't know how to do, took a time to get all this, sometime I wanted to forget all, I am from another  generation.

Now I don't know if my T.V.s ( Samsung & L.G.) will not be  to old, they are certainly not Smart Televisions.

No need for a smarttv when you have a box. The box makes whatever your tv is function as a smarttv. For subtitles, you might try this with your laptop install of Kodi.

http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Set_up_subtitle_services

And this one might actually be more complete.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/subtitles-kodi/

Edited by Garzan

The subtitles  are very complex and very unreliable we dont promote this option 

We have movies in various languages 

Edited by Footymadstreams

Great product !!! I highly recommend it ... I have had one for several months now and it is one of the best things I have bought here in Thailand ... I got hours and hours of great TV watching and the box will pay for itself I a short time with all the money I am saving by not going out to the movies ... ALL the first run movies are on the box for FREE ... I enjoy watching at home more as I can eat dinner while watching a movie ... Also good if you want to pause it for a bathroom break ... I am NOT connected with this seller in anyway but just a very satisfied customer ... Ask for MARK and he will give you excellent customer service and will offer a follow-up visit to your location if you need help in any way ...

• Like 1

Purchased the box and use it in Germany now and it works great - all German Sky channels in HD quality for free - wow plus access to UK Sky and Premier League.

Started watching movies - great selection and in great HD quality as well - but does somebody now how to add a subtitle to movies ?

• Like 1

We offer a wide range of sports plus channels from UK AUSTRALIA USA GERMANY FRANCE HOLLAND  ITALY INDIA PAKISTAN VIETNAM NORWAY DENMARK  plus many more

1aexpattv.jpg

Subtitles,even in the same language as the movie,are practical,for those who the language spoken in the movie is not their native language, and for those who have hearing problems.

Both situations applies to myself.

DONT MISS THIS ON MONDAY

Brownlow Medal....AFL Best & Fairest Player for season 2016 .........5.30pm .......Live on EXPAT TV

Subtitles,even in the same language as the movie,are practical,for those who the language spoken in the movie is not their native language, and for those who have hearing problems.

Both situations applies to myself.

Further to our previous comment

The subtitles  are very complex and very unreliable we dont promote this option 

We have movies in various languages 

If its a must you need subtitles for the standard movie apps then we cant provide that

well, finally got my 3bb wireless connection set up, bought the 50/10 vdsl package, but all the speed tests i have done on the internet, usually it ranges between 25 to 34 mbps download and around 8 to 10 upload.

I was told by the lady at my apartment complex who handled it for me, that the speed is there, but that it is my computer which is the problem,  Too old, maybe some programs that I  on my computer are impeding the speed.  Being a newbie, no idea what all that means.  So have to find a computer whiz here in pattaya, or wait until i go back to the Philippines in dec for a month, to ask my good friend andrew to help me.  He is the guy in angeles that all expats use, and he is very knowledgable and reasonable. I have used him many times in the past, both hardware and software.

But even with the speed i am getting, much better than what i had before (i still have that too if i need it, just shift over to the old connection.

Now to get the Himedia box...

ez

Anyone has any idea if any expat here in pattaya is that smart and does it for a fee, please let me know.

Edited by elbenvillas

Absolutely fabulous,and I don't refer to the sitcom, but to the TV Box.

Got it since today 6 p.m.and steps away from it, just now.

Watch a documentary,a Tommy Cooper show and started to look at all the possibilities.

Of course I still have to find my way a little bit,but so far it's great.

For me subtitles for movies should be an extra advantage, I started to look at a movie,but I had to put the sound high to understanding and even then not so easy as non native english speaker and must also have some consideration for the neighbours.

If some still hesitate to acquire it, don't, go for it,especially at 3.999 ThB.

• Like 1

Absolutely fabulous,and I don't refer to the sitcom, but to the TV Box.

Got it since today 6 p.m.and steps away from it, just now.

Watch a documentary,a Tommy Cooper show and started to look at all the possibilities.

Of course I still have to find my way a little bit,but so far it's great.

For me subtitles for movies should be an extra advantage, I started to look at a movie,but I had to put the sound high to understanding and even then not so easy as non native english speaker and must also have some consideration for the neighbours.

If some still hesitate to acquire it, don't, go for it,especially at 3.999 ThB.

For noise, you might consider bluetooth headphones. I use them with my Minix box so I don't bother the wife (she yaks more than the neighbors.) 555  I have much the same problem (though I am a native English speaker) My hearing isn't what it used to be, so for me to hear the TV it either needs to be loud, or I need subtitles. 

• Like 2

Weve now got subtitles on a couple of stand alone apps which covers movies and tv series

Edited by Footymadstreams

Weve now got subtitles on a couple of stand alone apps which covers movies and tv series

Can you name the apps - need to update the box for subtitles or is it in automatically ?

Can you name the apps - need to update the box for subtitles or is it in automatically ?

Ive sent you a message its installed for you