Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel recomendations first time BKK

aragorn43

Hello,

Thanks to the suggestions for pattaya I already booked my hotel there, so now I would like to get suggestions for BKK, I am not to picky and I would like to find something not to expensive but not to cheap, something mid range and also with good location.

Any advice?

Gracias

Grand President Sukhumvit 11

big hotel with range of rooms; do not book the cheapest but at least one grade up.

Swimming pools, gym, excellent breakfast.

5 minutes walk to Sukhumvit Road and Nana Skytrain station.

All in Soi 4, with exception of Majestic which is just around the corner on Sukhumvit....hope this helps.

http://www.majesticsuites.com/

http://www.ibis.com/en/hotel-7295-ibis-bangkok-nana/index.shtml

http://www.heavenatfour.com/

http://www.dynastygrande.com/

Soi 10 - Paradiso Boutique

Soi 8 - Legacy Eight Inn, or Citadines (further down the soi, but has own tuk tuk)

Soi 6 - Phachara Suites - 6 is an L shaped road running off Soi 4 to Sukhumvit Road

Next trip I am going to stay at Grand Swiss on Soi 11 which is new.  Noting I prefer the even number side as it is relatively quieter with no through traffic.

So, do us the courtesy of advising where you do stay and put up a report on this thread....

I have stayed at the Grand President many times and highly recommend. Not too expensive, good breakfast and girl friendly. Not too far to walk to Sukhumvit Road and not a great walk to Soi cowboy and Nana. For me anyway and I have walked those distances. Plus a good ogle on the way. Not too far from Biergarden and Soi 8 almost opposite to 11 has a few 'blowies' which might be of assistance. Try to avoid Tower 3 as it is not where breakfast is served, towers one and two are preferable. There is a mixture of privately owned units and hotel units of varying sizes.

• 5 months later...

Centrepoint petchaburri, large rooms..

Old but clean.. Around 2k baht per night..

Or lebua ofc, Nice but abit pricey..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I stayed in Nana hotel recently, good value, decent size room and great location...first day I thought it looks really dated and it does but it sort of grows on you after a while and you get a nice breakfast, there's a pool also but 1 minute walk to Nana Plaza was great! 

I stayed in Nana Hotel recently, good value, decent size room and great location...first day I thought it looks really dated and it does but it sort of grows on you after a while and you get a nice breakfast, there's a pool also but 1 minute walk to Nana Plaza was great! 

How did you managed to walk so far? Last time I stayed there I never could go pass through FL standing outside gate without bringing one or two back. :GoldenSmile1:

• 2 months later...

Hello too all,regular on Philippines Addicts and new too this forum. Can a good hotel with a roof top bar be recommended close too the action by board members ?Thanyou in advance.

In Bkk

Your budget?

Second Dawin

"If I ever acquire wisdom I suppose I shall be wise enough to know what to do with it."

• 1 month later...

Dawin or Heaven@4 for a newbie to Bangkok

Close to all the action on soi4 and can still get to other locations.

Find Cowboy a bit of a money pit, but they have some stunners there and worth a visit also

Dynasty Inn, almost next door to Nana Plaza. I had a nice large room there for 1,450 baht a night less 10% for cash down for a week or more. The restaurant is open 24/7.

Can anyone confirm if the Dawin Hotel is guest friendly? Thanks

Yes

• 1 year later...

Soi 18 Park Plaza is a very good hotel. The staff at this hotel are among the best I have ever seen in Bangkok. It is even better than the Bangkok Radisson Blue in the same chain. The staff always laugh and say hello and the house keeper is kind. The best 4 star hotel I've been to. 

and this hotel do not care about any Thai ladies here. very good

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/7/2016 at 05:35, Conboy69 said:

Le Fenix...........great hotel and not too pricey.........free tuk tuk to Sukumvit from hotel or 10 mins walk to Nana

Thanks

I have walked passed this place numerous times and because it sits back off the road some I never new it existed.

Nice looking place at a pretty good price

I assume they are guest friendly?

Archived