IGNORED

Boeing 737 Max makes successful first flight

Harvey707

Expected to produce 14% fuel savings over existing 737 Variants and a direct competitor to the Airbus 320 Neo

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/29/aviation/boeing-737-max-maiden-flight/index.html?sr=fbCNN013016boeing-737-max-maiden-flight0147AMStoryGalLink&linkId=20807219

Don't you just love technology? It's always good to significant events like this take place and take place successfully.

​They are gonna be busy fulfilling those orders for 2827 aircraft.

​There's a lot of clever people out there.

It's a POS. It's the same cockpit as the 60's 737. All because Southwest Airlines does not want to change there training program. They want the max to do ewr dub non stop. That's going to be a shitty flight.

It's a POS. It's the same cockpit as the 60's 737. All because Southwest Airlines does not want to change there training program. They want the max to do ewr dub non stop. That's going to be a shitty flight.

Have to decipher for thickos like me ??

POS EWR DUB....??

POS = piece of shit (I disagree)

EWR = Newark NJ airport

DUB = Dublin Ireland I think

Interesting that they will now have the range

Who's proposing to do EWR/DUB with the Max? Would that be about a 6 hour leg? That is a long time to be cooped up in a narrow body.

Interesting double-winglets on the new variant, I wonder if that idea can/will-be applied to their other planes too ?

The plane does ewr sfo with a head wind that's 5:45. Going to dub won't be hard. Coming back might. But the airlines will bump bags of paxs to make it work.

I would sure like to get my hands on that baby and do a little flying, but not in this lifetime. My flying days are over, at least in the cockpit.

If you have followed the changes over the past 50 years, from the original Boeing 737 Jurassics (100, 200), Classics (300, 400, 500), NGs (600, 700, 800, 900), and now the new Max, the cockpit has not remained the same.

The NGs went to a glass cockpit and the Max will have the same forward panel displays as the Dream Liner.

I love the fact that all primary flight controls have remained mostly unchanged. Still not FBW (fly by wire) like the Airbus A320 series. Only the spoiler system was changed to FBW on the Max.

The Boeing 737s are the only aircraft in current production that still have full manual reversion, meaning that with a total failure of electrics and hydraulics, can still be flown. The A320 with FBW primary flight controls cannot sustain flight with either a complete loss of hydraulics or complete electrical failure.

1, 737-Jurassic analog cockpit

2, 737-NG 1st Gen LCD glass cockpit,

3, 737-Max new large format displays LCD glass cockpit

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This plane has been so refined from flaws over the decades it has become the Crown Victoria of the sky's. Nothing too fancy nor bizarre jut super dependable safe people mover.

Archived