Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Info on Marriott Executive Lounges please

davidge

I'm going to a couple of concerts on consecutive nights in May and the Marriott is the most conveniently located hotel for me. Trouble is, when I stayed there previously in one of their Deluxe (ie Standard) rooms I couldn't get to sleep until 3am due to outside noise as they are on lower floors.

High floors are all Executive rooms. I wouldn't usually consider paying the extra but the other hotels I may stay in are exoensive at the moment anyway.

So, finally, my questions :-)

Is the breakfast in the Executive lounge the same as the buffet downstairs or is it more a 'grab and go' Continental offering?

Is the complimentary food in the evening just finger-food, snack items or could I use it as a main meal?

I appreciate it may vary from hotel to hotel, and I doubt any BM's have stayed in the Cardiff Marriott :-) but I'd be grateful for some general info.

Thanks in advance.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The food in the evening is mostly of the variety served on toothpicks and/or in shot glasses.  Some of it can be quite good though.  They do have pizza from next door some nights and usually some salad.  They only offer the snack items for a few hours and then they switch it out for a dessert bar, but I have never stuck around for that.  Good drinks and service in the lounge, but not much of an atmosphere.

The breakfast at the Marriott is awesome and one of the best in town.  I haven't eaten breakfast in the lounge, but have poked my head in to look.  Seemed like they had the same pastries and fruit from the breakfast bar, but it is just meant to be a continental breakfast.

My last trip, I arrived late and they put me in a room on a low-floor prior to upgrading me the next day for the rest of my stay.  The rooms were exactly the same, but the sea-view room had a few extra bathroom amenities and the bed had thick mattress pad on it that made it more comfortable. 

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I guessed it was probably Continental breakfast & hors d'oeuvres rather than actual food.

May have to rethink.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived