IGNORED

Path for permanent move to Australia ( without marriage ) - Australia

jenolj

Hello Fellow Team,

I was wondering what migration paths can be taken for TGF's to move to Australia permanently without the sponsor marrying TGF.

I doubt I could get her in on skilled labour.

What other paths can be taken for a permanent move to Australia ?

Thanks 

The only other way that I can think of is the de facto route. However I believe that you need to be living as man and wife for 12 moths prior to the application so that might be difficult unless you live in Thailand.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thank you.

Do you know how many times a TGF can apply and successfully receive a tourist visa ?

Partner Visa for defacto is one way. I know a guy that's gone the student visa route as his girl wanted to study, eventually they will have to apply for partner but in the meantime she's in OZ long term

ummm

Thank you.

Do you know how many times a TGF can apply and successfully receive a tourist visa ?

It really depends on the circumstances. If she is in Australia once a year then there is likely to be no limit. However if she is applying for new visas soon after departing from Australia then it will not be many (if really lucky perhaps 3). It is not a viable medium- to long-term solution.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

If you get a fiancee visa you have to marry within 9 months or she is out. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Thank you.

Mine did 2 trips to Oz from march 2015-Jan 16 ,but we got married 4 mths ago on the 2nd approval

Dont sweat it she will be good to go just do the paperwork 100% with some detail and shes apples...

If you get a fiancee visa you have to marry within 9 months or she is out. 

The OP isn't interested in getting married so this is not a good option. I am not sure but it may complicate things should they not get married. With immigration matters I believe it is best to keep things as simple as possible.

A student (VET or Uni) is the best first step! She can work 20hr also. She can start out with a 12 to 36 month visa. This visa type can be extended (if certain criteria are meet). This visa is a good entry visa as it will allow you and her to access if the relationship can work in Aus. All the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryle

I had not considered the student visa route.

Perhaps start with a tourist visa then progress to a student visa.

Interesting... I like it.

I see this condition though

"> On average you will need to show you have at least AUD $12,000 in your bank account. However, Immigration may ask for more evidence of financial support depending on your Assessment Level."

Do you know if I could fill this condition from my bank account or does it need to show from her bank account ?

Mine did 2 trips to Oz from march 2015-Jan 16 ,but we got married 4 mths ago on the 2nd approval

Dont sweat it she will be good to go just do the paperwork 100% with some detail and shes apples...

After you got married I assume you are applying for a marriage styled visa? How is that going ?

I had not considered the student visa route.

Perhaps start with a tourist visa then progress to a student visa.

Interesting... I like it.

I see this condition though

"> On average you will need to show you have at least AUD $12,000 in your bank account. However, Immigration may ask for more evidence of financial support depending on your Assessment Level."

Do you know if I could fill this condition from my bank account or does it need to show from her bank account ?

If she arrives on a Tourist visa and wants to convert to a Student visa, she will have to leave the country.

Yes, she needs to demo money in a bank acc for a student visa. She will also need medical insurance policy in place. All adds up, but Student visa is still best value over 3 yrs term of the visa.

Daryle

After you got married I assume you are applying for a marriage styled visa? How is that going ?

Not as yet but should as it takes up to 2 yrs from what I am told and $7000

You can thank Tony Abbott for doubling all visa fees, last year. All in the name of balancing the budget - and that's working out well - NOT.

Daryle

Man that is rough..... 

Seems to be no end of burqa wearing immigrants coming through the gates tho ;(

Not sure how they get in so easily but we have to drop through very long hoops.

thanks daryle, I will investigate that path a little more. Much prefer that to marriage. at least for the short term.

Man that is rough.....

Seems to be no end of burqa wearing immigrants coming through the gates tho ;(

Not sure how they get in so easily but we have to drop through very long hoops.

thanks daryle, I will investigate that path a little more. Much prefer that to marriage. at least for the short term.

Most muslims entering Australia are through a family reunion visa type. Once one gains access through skilled migration pathways, then other family members can follow.

Daryle

Rent a condo in joint names, open a bank account in joint names, if possible stay in Thailand for 12 months or if you are a fly in fly out worker in Aus, take all your days off in Thailand, make sure you are sending her money  to the joint account on a regular monthly basis, then apply for a de-facto visa....

I suppose if they come over via student visa and live with you during that time, that would also satisfy the defacto relationship portion?

I think you may find that Immigration requires information (banking) to suggest the sums of money you claim to possess has been in your possession for some time to rule out any suggestion the money has been loaned in bulk for the purpose of the visa application. (I have a migrant relative enounter this very problem (non Thai).

Also earlier from my situation I wrote a supporting document for my then girlfriend/partner requesting she be granted a visa explaining we were not able to fulfill the dfefacto requirements because I worked full time in Australia whilst she was a resident of her 'own' country.' On reflection that may also be the grounds where we applied for a partner visa whilst she was in Australia and she was allowed to remain whilst that was processed, during which time we did marry to strengthen our claim (although that information may not assist the OP it may be of interest to others reading if available to them).

Thank you. I would not be surprised if that was the case ( money needing to be in bank for period of time )

In the second paragraph of my entry above the website www.thaivisaaustralia.com.au has been entered but not by me.  The word should have been visa, not what is shown.????

In the second paragraph of my entry above the website www.thaivisaaustralia.com.au has been entered but not by me.  The word should have been visa, not what is shown.????

Looks like it is a software glitch. Something is wrong with the generation of links.

I have reported it so hopefully someone will look at it soon.

The word entered was actually "partner visa" and that autolinks although it wasnt working correctly. Should be now and sorry for any inconvenience I have fixed it now.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

My G/F came April 2015 on 3 month visa all done online and less than $300 , no need to show any bank details just tell them of our individual circumstances, later that year she applied for 2nd visa same way and much to our surprise she was given 12 month multi entry visa with maximum stay 3 months per visit. Both applications were for regular tourist visa's.

Partner Visa for defacto is one way. I know a guy that's gone the student visa route as his girl wanted to study, eventually they will have to apply for partner but in the meantime she's in OZ long term

The student visa can be expensive as the person must enroll in a course so jnless their English is good it can only be to study English at about 250 plus per week

Archived