Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bell Travel Website "under construction", anyone used the service in recent days?

kd_traveller

The Bell Travel Services website is "under construction" with no indication of when it will be back.  

They had stopped taking bookings on the old website beyond the end of January before it went down.  I was hoping to book for next Thursday so was wondering if anyone has used the service in the last few days since the website went "under construction" and if all the services are still running normally except not being able to book?

Thanks for your help.

You could either show up at the Bell stand or call them +66 2 747 4673

You could either show up at the Bell stand or call them +66 2 747 4673

Thanks I will try and give them a call, couldn't get their number as their website is "under construction" and I don't really want to turn up and find that the service is no longer available, would prefer to organise a taxi in that event!

Just take the hourly 389 bus if they are not there.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

as long as the actual busses aren't under construction there's no problem. No need to pre-book. Just show up on the counter and if the bus is full (or under construction...) just take the 389 sold from the same counter. All infos in the Bell Bus thread.

as long as the actual busses aren't under construction there's no problem. No need to pre-book. Just show up on the counter and if the bus is full (or under construction...) just take the 389 sold from the same counter. All infos in the Bell Bus thread.

I have used Bell Bus before so know you can just turn up, but as they stopped taking bookings beyond the end of January before the website went "under construction" it would be nice to get confirmation from someone who has used the Bell Travel Services in recent day to be sure that the bus is service is still operational.

The new website is available as of now - in my part of London at least. My first impression is that it looks nice but it is currently more of a work in progress than a commercial website. It is far from obvious to me how a customer books a ticket at present. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be obvious to the website providers that the first thing that should be sorted out is making it easy and convenient for customers to pay for their tickets. This facility will probably be the last thing to get sorted out and probably only when they realise that the online bookings have dropped considerably because nobody can book.

I would have thought it would be common sense to keep the old site online until the new site is working properly. 

Maybe it will be working properly by Monday - but I cannot say which Monday - so please don't quote me.

The new website is available as of now - in my part of London at least. My first impression is that it looks nice but it is currently more of a work in progress than a commercial website. It is far from obvious to me how a customer books a ticket at present. Unfortunately, it does not seem to be obvious to the website providers that the first thing that should be sorted out is making it easy and convenient for customers to pay for their tickets. This facility will probably be the last thing to get sorted out and probably only when they realise that the online bookings have dropped considerably because nobody can book.

I would have thought it would be common sense to keep the old site online until the new site is working properly. 

Maybe it will be working properly by Monday - but I cannot say which Monday - so please don't quote me.

Thanks I see it is now no longer "under construction", just a pity it does not work at present and enable you to make a booking, but at least it shows that the service is still running and if all else fails I can just turn up at the desk!

Thanks I see it is now no longer "under construction", just a pity it does not work at present and enable you to make a booking, but at least it shows that the service is still running and if all else fails I can just turn up at the desk!

You can certainly turn up at the desk but bear in mind they are strict about not selling a ticket in the last 10 minutes before departure. Also, you might be unlucky and find all the tickets are already sold. Then you have a 2 hour wait until the next bus. The best option is definitely online booking in advance. 

I would suggest trying the website again just before you leave for the airport. With any luck it might be working properly by then.

It does.  I just made a booking.

go here:

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Under "Shared Transfer", select the From and To (Pattaya City and BKK in whichever order)

Say from BKK to Pattaya for 1 passenger on Feb 5th, 2016 and click on "Search"

You'll get a list of time table for the buses, click on the line for the time slot you want, then on bottom right click on "Next"

On Drop Off location, click on the "..." button and find your drop off location.  Use "Search" (using search function may stop many BM from successfully completing this transaction.  I just know it) function.  Just provide a word from your hotel name.

The rest should be straight forward.

Just tried,didnt work.

In which format you enter your travel dates?theres no drop down menu to choose from.

And by clicking search notthing happens :unsure:

Just tried,didnt work.

In which format you enter your travel dates?theres no drop down menu to choose from.

And by clicking search notthing happens :unsure:

https://ticket.belltravelservice.com/customer/WebhomeMaybe try this link? Seems ok.

This Is Thailand!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

I do not know where the successful users of this new site are (I would guess in Thailand) but for me in London even now this site remains a nightmare when trying to book a seat. Even using the direct link to the booking page, as kindly provided by crossfield, takes a ridiculous amount of time to load but fails to load most of the time. However, even on the rare occasions when it does load I cannot progress any further. (I suspect there is a date picker component that is not loading.)

I have now sent an email to Bell Travel in the hope that they will accept that there is a problem and sort it out.

Still same prob...

There should have been an icon to right of the date field.  Try a different browser.  It showed up on Firefox, Chrome, and IE.

You are lucky, I can't even get the departure from and to screen and I have tries IE, Google and Firefox, I am trying from Cambodia!

Not a good idea to book a bus from airport to Pattaya as flights may be delayed etc. I just go to ground floor as there are now 2 bus services to Pattaya and take first available bus, usually manage the Jomtien service which is very good value.

Yep i think ill do it that way.

I mean, i will arrive 11.35 AM so even no delay its almost impossible to catch the bell bus at 1200PM and the next is 2 PM.

I think the 1pm 389 bus is a better option.

yes i booked transport no problem

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

It seems Bell bus web site problem in January costed them some business. I just took their 13:30 bus from Bangkok to Pattaya. I have taken that bus number of times. Usually half full or half empty. This time not even 10 people!

I'm not surprised, the idiot who "planned" the restructuring of their website has cost the company their excellent reputation and a lot of customers 

Archived