Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Fav' Thai eatery

Mr magoo

This is my favourite Thai food eatery, located on the corner of 3rd road & soi chaiyapoon,

The food is delicious & good value, the staff are friendly & efficient, and there is a nice balance of Thai & farang customers. I don't know the name of it, coz its in Thai script..uploadfromtaptalk1453947146308.jpguploadfromtaptalk1453947166794.jpg

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Pak Boong Loyfar restaurant, there are a few of these in Pattaya, and others around the country. I also eat often at this one on 3rd & Chaiyaphum, big Heineken only 100Bt, plenty of great fresh seafood food to order, fast service, nice place to sit and watch all the pussy floating past. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I've just seen the photos i posted on a widescreen monitor, they look bleedin' awful,grainy as f++k.

I'm gonna have to stop resizing my images before i post them.

I eat many meals there and I love this restaurant because they have large fridges full of cold drinks.  

when I order coke in other non luxury thai places they serve not so cold coke in bottle and they not have coke zero

but this restaurant has ice cold coke zero and many other drinks also food is good

Any particular dishes of note?

They have a large menu with plenty of color photos of all the dishes, plus out the front you can see everything on ice, so if you order a fish you can select the actual fish you want. We often have a whole fish steamed in lemon & chilly. Also like the baby clams stir-fried in spicy sauce. And the crabs are delicious eating. I don't eat any meat but they have chicken, duck, pork. I doubt very much if they have a bad dish, everything I've eaten there has been good. It's best feature is it's central location, so if you're rocking around BuaKhao, Diana, Honey, and you feel hungry but don't want a Subway or any farang grub, it's only a 5-minute walk to this place to get some great cheap Thai/Chinese food.

​Thanks for that. I appreciate the reply. I will be there in a couple of months and will be staying in the area. I'll definitely go and have a look.

​Cheers.

Had a meal there last week with the GF and it was not that good.

Will try again next time.

Same don't rate the place at all

Tried a few times

It's also not really that cheap compared to other places

It's good but not outstanding. They make fast average quality dishes, and average quality in Thailand is generally good. But if you want really upmarket quality food then you'll probably be a bit disappointed with this particular restaurant, plus all the other khao tom shops. 

Have eaten here several times, good that it goes on pretty late at night. They are a bit erratic though, quite often seen 'closed for today' sign on weekdays & there seems to be no pattern to it.

................................................................................................................

I like the buffet place opposite Pattaya North bus station, just before you get to Sukhumvit.

The seafood place on the water past the market in Naklua - Mum Aroy

and Songsam Saisam - and the seafood buffet place next door - both on 3rd road.

Had a meal there last week with the GF and it was not that good.

Will try again next time.

Same don't rate the place at all

Tried a few times

It's also not really that cheap compared to other places

It's not that cheap compared to other places.

Agreed, so poor value here.

I really like Marine Seafood, Walking Street.    The food is good, the prices are reasonable, and the best part is all the bar girls going to work right past it,   I have got many cute freelancers, and found out where many cuties work, who I never saw before.

there is one I have my eye on, gotta follow her, she is tall, and perfect, not sure if she is a farang or thai, most likely half and half.    She appears to speak thai to the motorcycle guys, so I am guessing she is working somewhere.   Cant believe its in a gogo, way to hot, but you just never know

It's not that cheap compared to other places.

Hi buddy

Where are the other places please.

They are everywhere. Some little lady sets up shop and cooks killer food for a lot less than this place. Maybe later today, I'll post a few.

• 8 months later...

Where are some really established great Thai places. I don't care if iv have to pay 300 for fried rice if it's the best Ive had

Getting back to that Pak Boong Loyfar restaurant that Mr magoo opened this thread with. We ate there recently and it was CRAP. Gone to the dogs. Seems like they got some new cooks and reminds me of the old joke...

Q: "Who called the cook a cunt?"

A: "Who called the cunt a cook?"

I think it is just subjective really. I was recommended to go to the coins restaurant on soi buakhow as it was close to where i was staying. I thought it was average. I found a little mom and pop shop on buakhow that i went to a few times and the food was great. Might go next trip and find it awful. I love Thai food so love to hear recommendations. I ate at Leng-kee restaurant a lot when i was there. It was good food. 

For seafood, Pupen in Jomtien, Moom Aroi in Naklua

But overall by far Vientiane. It was a sad day when it was displaced by that ugly Avenue.

For seafood, Pupen in Jomtien, Moom Aroi in Naklua

But overall by far Vientiane. It was a sad day when it was displaced by that ugly Avenue.

I remember eating once at the old Vientiane, have never been to their new location. So it's good you say? How are their prices and anything you recommend? I live nearby and should try them out again.

Archived