IGNORED

Tennis - Aussie Open

eanto

Well I enjoyed watching Murray yesterday, now into his 6th Aussie Open semi.

Rooting for Federer against Djokovic though because he's/was a genius and also Murrays best chance for success

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Would be great to see R F in another Final  , but Novak just appears too strong .

Andy Murray should beat the Canadian Rionic , but no gimme's at this stage of the tournament .

Novak is playing great tennis , but upsets are why we watch top sport .

Mikeyboy

Djokovic / Murray final

Andy Murray needs to play his best game ever  and even that may not be enough against the Serb, who looks unbeatable . 

Mikeyboy

Congratulations to Andy on another runners up to Novak the machine!!

Congratulations to Andy on another runners up to Novak the machine

Yes , Novak looks unbeatable at the moment . 

Mikeyboy

They should save everyone the bother hand the trophy to Novak and the cheques and use the time getting pissed instead of watching Andy run after a Tennis ball he will never get :GoldenSmile1:

Andy's up against his nemesis yet again. Has he got the game to win, definately. Will he win, probably not. I thinks his game is better now than 3 years ago when he lost in the final.

Think it will be tough for Murray.  Tough 4 hour/5 set match and one less day of rest than Novak.  Tough hill to climb.  Seems a shame that they don't play both semi's on the same day so its more fair.  But money.

Andy's up against his nemesis yet again. Has he got the game to win, definately. Will he win, probably not. I thinks his game is better now than 3 years ago when he lost in the final.

Andy also lost to Novak in the final at Melbourne 12 months ago .    Something has to be off on the Djokovic machine for Murray to win. 

Mikeyboy

Andy also lost to Novak in the final at Melbourne 12 months ago .    Something has to be off on the Djokovic machine for Murray to win. 

Mikeyboy

Could try some laxatives in his barley water?

Slow start from Murray but he's found his feet a little now. Good match

Novak wins 3 straight sets .    Murray got into the match during the second and third sets , but too little , too late .

6 / 1   7 /5   7 / 6

Mikeyboy

ND too strong and too many mistakes by Murray. Decent watch though and some power hitting.

Poor Murray: locked in an era with 3 of the all time greats.

Totally unrelated: I find today's men's game totally unwatchable. Racquet tech has ruined the game (good for women's game though). Would like to see them go back to the smaller wooden racquets.

You can not be serious! 555

The battles between McEnroe and Borg were 10x more entertaining than today's brand of tennis.  Ground strokes too easy to hit today.   I feel the same way about golf too.  Would love to at least go back to the technology of the 80's-90's before the oversized drivers took over.   How many great courses are disqualified for tournaments these days because they can't be lengthened to over 7200 yds.  Although I do need my 450cc driver for personal use.

Very good womens final on saturday night. More entertaining than the mens final I thought.

I don't think many people would've given German player Kerber much of a chance against Serena.

Serena had a bit of an off night but cant deny Kerber played well.

Archived