IGNORED

Cheap bus - swampy to patts

Mr B

I normally get a taxi but it was something like 1800 bhat last time from the taxi stand outside. A friend mentioned he takes a minivan/bus n it cost him 300 bhat. Obviously id rather pay 300 bhat. Does anyone know the details about such cheap buses?

Bus 389 Suvarnabhumi Airport to Pattaya, cost is 122 Baht, leaves every hour on the hour until 9pm (I think).

There is a long and informative thread on Bus 389 here.

And also the Bell Travel Service bus too, also discussed extensively on this forum.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

yes Bus 389 and bell bus leave from the same location..I usually wander over and take the one that leaves first. Comfortable and only a bit slower than a taxi...if you have a wait there is a reasonable food court nearby.,

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

yes Bus 389 and bell bus leave from the same location..I usually wander over and take the one that leaves first. Comfortable and only a bit slower than a taxi...if you have a wait there is a reasonable food court nearby.,

Bell Travel Service

site has information on routes, times and costs.

Big bus travels Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya bus station, 90 minutes. There you change to a minibus which takes you to the door of your hotel. So usually less than two hours airport to hotel.

Also works in reverse, hotel to Suvarnabhumi airport.

Tip: buy a can of soft drink for the trip.

I normally get a taxi but it was something like 1800 bhat last time from the taxi stand outside. A friend mentioned he takes a minivan/bus n it cost him 300 bhat. Obviously id rather pay 300 bhat. Does anyone know the details about such cheap buses?

http://airportpattayabus.com/suvarnabhumi-airport-pattaya-bus-schedule-timetable   and price

Not as Bell busses , but the one goes Pattaya ,  stops ,North ,Central ,South on Sukhumvit rd. Pattaya , and end stop at ViewTalay 1.

Keep in mind if travel with luggage and condo / hotel far out of way , need bahtbus extra , but cheap good , confortable bus ride

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

taxi to pattaya is B1000 from the airport if you pre-book MrT

You tell the taxi 1000 to 1200 max. They got you last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryle

#1: Should have taken a prebooked taxi for cheaper, instead of trying your luck with the randoms outside.   :Think1:

#2: As already stated, Bell Bus. Which you could have found a pinned thread on right here in the section you posted to.  :ThumbUp6:

Arrived Swampy last tuesday about 7pm. Took 45 minutes to get through immigration. Got to the 389 stand about 7.50pm to find the 8pm and 9pm buses all sold out. So would have over 2 hour wait if I wanted to catch one of their buses. Then you have the problem of arriving near midnight at North Pattaya Rd bus station, to negotiate the "sharks" Baht bus going nowhere near my hotel near Big C Pattaya Klang but offered to drop me off on Beach Rd (with the ladyboys FL) for the knock down price of 100 Baht!!. Motor Bike taxi's were also wanting 100 Baht for a 2 Km journey. In the end I crossed the road from the bus station with suitcase and bag and a passing bike took me for 40 Baht to my hotel.  Same happened 3 years ago with 389 bus got to stand about 12.55pm to be told 1pm and 2pm 389 bus sold. Who wants to wait at swampy airport over 2 hours!!?? Bells bus over 389 if you get the chance and arrive at Swampy before 6pm. Pre booking taxi for 1000 Baht is also worth considering. 

In the end last Tuesday night I took the ARL,MRT and BTS to Ekamai and caught the 115 Baht bus to Pattaya which set off about 9.30pm and took nearly 3 hours to reach Pattaya.

>In the end last Tuesday night I took the ARL,MRT and BTS to Ekamai and caught the 115 Baht bus to Pattaya which set off about 9.30pm and took nearly 3 hours to reach Pattaya.

The bus to/from Ekkamai is usually very slow because of the heavy traffic in and near the city of Bangkok.

Next month I am staying in a hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 11 for a couple of nights before going to Pattaya. I will take a taxi from the hotel to Makkasan station, 60-80 bahts; train to Suvarnabhumi airport (45 bahts); pre-booked Bell bus to Pattaya bus station and then Bell minibus to my hotel 230 bahts.

About 310-360 bahts all-up, about 3 hours door-to-door.

I honestly don't understand why people want to mess around with buses and then mini-van or baht bus after a very long flight rather than pre-book a taxi just to save about £15 or so?

Each to their own I guess.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Go to Ekami to get a bus to Pattaya is crazy, to save less than you will spend in the first bar

I just make sure I bring 1200+ baht home from previous trip to pay for booked taxi for next trip. That way I'm not using any budgeted money so it doesn't feel wasteful.

Big Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

If the busses are busy or it's past 10PM, I'll take a cab. I have been lucky most trips and seldom have problems.

It's somewhat of a myth that taking a cab over the bus is much faster. I do both. Sometimes a cab is faster and other times, not.

My last trip into Pattaya was in the second week of December. My Thai Air flight from Bali to BKK arrived at 7:25 PM.

It was very busy at Imigration on the west side that my flight arrived so I walked the short distance past concourse D, to the other Imigration area on the east side and as usual, no line ups at all on that side. (West side, all the gates are international. East side only the C-gates are international, the rest are domestic).

I was through Immigration in minutes. No bags to wait for and had my 122-baht bus-389 ticket purchased by 7:45 PM and on the 8 PM bus to Pattaya.

The bus arrived at the Central Rd stop in Pattaya at 9:35 PM, and I was in my room (near central and 3rd Rd) before 10PM.

Rather than hire a baht bus from Sukhumvit, I used the pedestrian walkway over Sukhumvit, to Central Rd and walked the short distance to my hotel at 3rd Rd and Central. If my destination had have been farther, or if my bag was heavier, I would have used the 10 baht bus that runs up and down Pattaya Central Rd (Pattaya Klang).

The last stop at Bus 389 Station is the easiest of the 5 stops to pick up a regular baht bus that does the Main Route through Pattaya Central.

If you board a baht bus in front of Pan Pan Restaurant, for a single 10 fare you can go the length through central Pattaya following the Main Baht Bus Route along 2nd Road to Pattaya North Rd and loops back along Beach Rd to Walking St.

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/pattaya%20blue%20baht%20bus%20routes.pdf

image.gif

image.jpeg

image.gif

image.jpeg

You were lucky with the 389 bus then, because on the three occassions I have tried to get this bus have been told the next bus sold out and the one an hour later also sold out. For example arrived at the ticket desk one time 12.45 to be told the 1pm and 2pm buses sold out and I would have to wait until 3pm. My friend staying with me in the apartment says they are that busy they will take little 40-50 Baht "bribes" to get you on the next available bus and avoid the potential 2 hour wait.

By the way the 9pm and 10pm 389 buses terminate at North Pattaya bus station because I like to get off bus or white van at the Sukhumvit overhead bridge to walk down Pattaya Klang.  I did ask the ticket seller this at the airport, who confirmed this.

I will probably take Bells bus back to the airport next month as from experience they are honest and reliable and up front with what you have to pay.

The few times that I have taken the later bus 389, it has continued onto the Jomtien station in spite of saying otherwise on their web site. Every passenger was asked which of the 5 stops they wanted. The bus stopped only at the requested stops.

I honestly don't understand why people want to mess around with buses and then mini-van or baht bus after a very long flight rather than pre-book a taxi just to save about £15 or so?

Each to their own I guess.

Spend more time on Thailand's treacherous roads with one of Mr T's drivers and you'll soon understand why it's better to be in the bigger vehicle when in a country that has the worlds highest road fatalities.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Spend more time on Thailand's treacherous roads with one of Mr T's drivers and you'll soon understand why it's better to be in the bigger vehicle when in a country that has the worlds highest road fatalities.

Enjoy your safe bus ride.....

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Finding a picture of an accident is a silly reason to choose a mode of transport. I can google plane crash pics too, gonna cancel your flight?

Personally I think the bus is a good cheap option if you are not arriving too late, otherwise taxi is quicker if more expensive. Mr T is 1000B, Nam 1200B, tips appreciated!!

images.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

You were lucky with the 389 bus then, because on the three occassions I have tried to get this bus have been told the next bus sold out and the one an hour later also sold out. For example arrived at the ticket desk one time 12.45 to be told the 1pm and 2pm buses sold out and I would have to wait until 3pm. My friend staying with me in the apartment says they are that busy they will take little 40-50 Baht "bribes" to get you on the next available bus and avoid the potential 2 hour wait.

By the way the 9pm and 10pm 389 buses terminate at North Pattaya bus station because I like to get off bus or white van at the Sukhumvit overhead bridge to walk down Pattaya Klang. I did ask the ticket seller this at the airport, who confirmed this.

I will probably take Bells bus back to the airport next month as from experience they are honest and reliable and up front with what you have to pay.

I have never had a problem catching a bus. Then again, I only go during low season. If going during high season, pre booking applies to everything.

I get the airport bus to Jomtien The big blue ones, Its about 130 baht. It always seems more relaxing way to travel than in a taxi,

Can be found on the Ground floor of airport, Next to Bell Bus ticket stand.

Bell bus is more expensive and supply transport to your hotel or destination. I think you have to book their tickets on line.

I would strongly NOT recommend any mini van bus's as the drivers are like Kamikaze pilots.

I get the airport bus to Jomtien The big blue ones, Its about 130 baht. It always seems more relaxing way to travel than in a Taxi,

Can be found on the Ground floor of airport, Next to Bell Bus ticket stand.

Bell bus is more expensive and supply transport to your hotel or destination. I think you have to book their tickets on line.

I would strongly NOT recommend any mini van bus's as the drivers are like Kamikaze pilots.

Pre booking is optional.. Problem with booking in advance is if your flight gets delayed or you miss your bus, you lose your ticket. It would be cool if the ticket could be used the whole day.

It's not a cost thing for me, i just prefer to use public transport. Bigger seats, i can stretch my legs and i don't have to talk bollocks to some random taxi driver.

<p>Nom nom..

Pre booking is optional.. Problem with booking in advance is if your flight gets delayed or you miss your bus, you lose your ticket. It would be cool if the ticket could be used the whole day.

I think bell bus will let you get on a (same day) later bus if you miss your pre-booked one. I think i read it on their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived