Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Accessing LINE app on computer without email login

Jumpin Jack Flash

My phone has died, so I can't get onto LINE anymore.

So I thought I'd still be able to use LINE on my Mac. I've downloaded LINE for Mac and opened it up and its asking me for an email address and password as login. When I originally downloaded LINE on my phone, I registered with my phone number. At no point, did I ever register an email address. Never.

Is there any way around this or am I screwed until I buy another fucking phone ?

You may have to log in with the new phone. Maybe not if you backed the phone up. LINE only lets you use one device at a time. I think. Sorry not much help.

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk

You are screwed. Buy a new phone, install your old sim card, and first thing you do, go into settings on Line and enter your email address. Then, next time, you won't have the same problem. Oh, and test it out while your new phone is still working. :-)

No way I'm buying a new phone (this one is only 2 months old) so looks like I'm screwed unless I get a replacement battery that actually works. (its the battery that's screwed on the new phone). Off to the phone shop this afternoon to see what they say.

If you have a really good friend you can get around being screwed. Might be overkill, but if your really good friend does a factory reset on their smart phone (to erase everything), then you put in your sim, and install Line, you should be able to set your email address in the mobile app. Then test on the computer. Then do another factory reset to wipe all your stuff off. Then put back in the original sim. On an android phone your really good friend should automatically get most stuff back as soon as they set their gmail address back in the phone. No clue how an iPhone would work.

And yeah, getting your current phone working is the best option. Will it power up with the charging cord installed?

You may have to log in with the new phone. Maybe not if you backed the phone up. LINE only lets you use one device at a time. I think. Sorry not much help.

No, you can be logged into LINE on multiple devices at the same time.

Probably easiest to swap your sim into another phone just for the few minutes it'll take you to associate an email addy to your LINE account.

And get the battery on your phone sorted out.

And ... life in Patts will still go on and be a bundle of fun even if you can't manage to get LINE working again for now.

you can be logged on the computer and the app at the same time.  problem is when you want to log into the computer after Line is off it wants to confirm with the phone who you are

Problem sorted. I forgot I still have an old iPod that used to have Line on it. So I've downloaded it again - no email needed.

Your girlfriend will know your LINE ID so worst case you have to re-install LINE on another phone with same SIM card, (or use a mates who hasn't got LINE installed, with your SIM) log into your LINE ID and ask GF to send you a message, you will then have her details.  If you never set up a linked email address and password you will have lost all your messages, but not contacts, if you can't get your phone working.

Alternatively, create a new LINE A/C anywhere and tell GF to send you a message to that A/C.

That is assuming you can contact your GF without LINE somehow and give her your new ID..... If not you will have to use your existing SIM/LINE ID.

I think above is correct, but not had your problem (yet!!) so not 100% sure!!

No, you can be logged into LINE on multiple devices at the same time.

Probably easiest to swap your sim into another phone just for the few minutes it'll take you to associate an email addy to your LINE account.

And get the battery on your phone sorted out.

And ... life in Patts will still go on and be a bundle of fun even if you can't manage to get LINE working again for now.

Every time I log into line on a new device it warns me that I will be automatically logged out on my current device and my chat history will be lost. Are you saying you can log into the SAME account on two devices at the same time?

Problem sorted. I forgot I still have an old iPod that used to have Line on it. So I've downloaded it again - no email needed.

Awesome news. So now are you going to go into settings, and put in an email address so you can use the desktop version as well as the mobile version?

Every time I log into line on a new device it warns me that I will be automatically logged out on my current device and my chat history will be lost. Are you saying you can log into the SAME account on two devices at the same time?

Yes, that's my experience. Specifically, iPhone and MacBook at the same time, though I always get an annoying message on my iPhone that I've logged in from the MacBook.

Works for me though.

I can       I sit at my computer and my phone is nearby, i can continue a conversation using each one at a time, no problem.   If you erase the conversation on one, it will erase on both

I am always logged into Line when i am at home on my PC and my phone both at the same time no problem what you cant do is use on 2 different mobile devices at the same time

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

In my Line APP iPhone:

Settings > Account > Allow Login

This is to use Line on PC, Mac, iPad also. 

Now go and set a username and password for your LINE account before something goes wrong with the iPod.   :Think1:

Awesome news. So now are you going to go into settings, and put in an email address so you can use the desktop version as well as the mobile version?

DONE

Now go and set a username and password for your LINE account before something goes wrong with the iPod.   :Think1:

DONE

Although I've just had to delete LINE from my Mac now after running out of space on my hard drive, but that's another issue. :WhoSaw1:

Jeez, I'm so shit with computers :LOL2:

DONE

DONE

Although I've just had to delete LINE from my Mac now after running out of space on my hard drive, but that's another issue. :WhoSaw1:

Jeez, I'm so shit with computers :LOL2:

Excellent! :-)

Oh, I think there is an I-Care shop at Central. My suggestion, if you want it, is to either buy a bigger drive and I-Care will move all your stuff over for you if you buy it from them, or look into "cloud storage" (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc) and move a bunch of stuff off your hard drive. Good luck! 

I suggest having the Apple service shop do stuff for you since you say you're "shit with computers". The Apple shop will not be the least expensive method, but they should know all about your Mac, and how to deal with it without having an Opps! moment.

I may be a bit of a technophobe but I'm also a tight git so there's no way I'm paying Apple geeks to clean up my hard drive.

I'll just research it online. I use dropbox already for photos but I haven't used iCloud at all (but notice I'm paying 79p per month for it), so I'll look into that.

But mostly I just need to find out what the fuck is eating thru my hard drive space. One day I could delete some big files and free up about 3G of space, then the next day I'll get the spinning wheel of death and it'll tell me I'm down to my last 500 Mb again. I haven't downloaded anything, so there's something else going on.

Archived