Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

1kbaht hotel/guesthouse near WS

GrinderBkk777

Hey anyone got some suggestions for a good hotel/guesthouse close to WS.  Buddys coming in for his first trip and I expect were gonna be spending most are time on WS. Last time I was in town I stayed at the WSGH which was perfect for me but it seems to pretty full on the Feb24-March4th dates I'm looking at . Really liked being able to stumble from WS to a the bed.

Basically just want us both in the same spot and around that 1k a night. I'm not sure how many options are out there right now. Not really seeing to much around there might just end up at the Pattaya bay resort again which was ok but no where near as fun as being close to WS for me. Maybe someone has some good ideas of places I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Thanks for the help!

Check out Honey Lodge just 1 min from WS. Perfect location, quiet new rooms and pool for just under 1,000B.

Cause the sweetest kiss I ever got is the one I´ve never tasted

I checked out the swissfood one but they dont have 2 rooms available on my dates. Right now I'm considering jasmine/galaxy as places. Im gonna check out honey lodge reviews and prices right now.

Thanks gents

My first ever trip in 2011 i stayed @ the Jasmine hotel on Soi BJ right off Walking Street. It's a decent hotel for what it is. The rooms are pretty big but kinda basic. They have their own website that you can book from. It's not on Agoda. Last I heard they renovated in 2015. I don't head to Walking Street much anymore but for my first trip it was perfect.

http://www.jasminehotel-pattaya.com/booking/rezeasy.html

Yeah I checked out the Jasmine actually booked there but decided to cancel today. Not sure how much I'd like the hotel not many reviews out there on the internet. I really liked Walking Street guest house last time but dont think any of the options on WS will be as good as that was for the price. 

Talked a bit with my buddy and figured we might want to do some day time action so staying more central would be better for us. I already know the city good so wont be a problem getting us around. Decided on "The scenery hotel" on Soi honey. Around 1k baht a night and obv a great location.

Thanks for the replys everybody hopefully this thread can help another member!

There are several reviews for Jasmine. Mine included. It is a bit dated. Secrets seems to have the nicest rooms. Honey at the entrance to WS seems like a great option for the price. It is the only economical hotel near WS with a pool. Too bad I didn't hear about it until after my holiday.

The only downside to WS, is that it is so damn boring during the day. One day, I actually checked out every hotel on WS to find something better.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yeah I've read the reviews here. I meant reviews on hotel sites. Compared to alot of hotels the reviews for jasmine are nonexistent. It only shows up on one hotel site with reviews of like 5  sites tripadvisor. 

The most recent review was a guy saying most likely the cleaning lady stole 500USD of his money. Couple reviews saying the AC didnt work in a bunch of rooms. Front desk was rude when needing stuff.  Lots of bugs etc. Kind of offputting for me. I was looking for something like WSG on WS  where rooms there are new and the owner is a poster here so I trusted the place. 

After reading some reviews for Jasmine it made me just say screw it i dont want to have my buddys first trip to patts stuck in a crap room with bad hotel staff. We can just up the price like 15usd a night stay more central and just baht bus to and from WS. Like you said more to do during the day closer to Soi 6 and central mall. I normally spend most of my time in Patts on WS but I go solo when I've come in the past. Maybe with a friend here I spend more time doing more day time stuff like Soi 6 we shall see.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally settled for Secrets on WS and sent the deposit. Alot of back and forth and canceling of hotels. Read some mixed reviews of the place hope it's decent enough for us. Locations good for sure.

Finally settled for Secrets on WS and sent the deposit. Alot of back and forth and canceling of hotels. Read some mixed reviews of the place hope it's decent enough for us. Locations good for sure.

Finally settled for secrets on WS and sent the deposit. Alot of back and forth and canceling of hotels. Read some mixed reviews of the place hope it's decent enough for us. Locations good for sure.

Finally settled for secrets on WS and sent the deposit. Alot of back and forth and canceling of hotels. Read some mixed reviews of the place hope it's decent enough for us. Locations good for sure.

Good choice. Whatever you do, don't pay for your whole stay in advance! Most places prefer you at least pay for the past week every week. You won't get a refund if you leave early. This gives you the flexibility to move to a different hotel.

I've stayed at galaxy suites on WS. Only 795 baht a night right now. Nice rooms etc.right in the middle of action, but if your a early sleeper not for you. It's right on top of Heaven Above agogo right next to Windmill another favorite spot of mine.

• 3 weeks later...

So I ended up half my trip at Secrets then moved to a better hotel in a central location. I guess you know when your a Pattaya vet when you get sick of Walking Street. I used to like spending most my trips at the gogos but now I find the better value is the other part of the city for the day then hit the discos at night. I do like the discos on WS of course and spent alot of time there but having a nicer room and just hopping on a moto back to a better hotel is the way to do it for me.Also food massage and being closer to Soi 6 is way better.

Anyways as for Secrets itself I'd say its a bit overpriced for what you get. The rooms are big but outdated. Really could use a upgrade. Also going up the stairs is a pain esp if the girl is wasted in high heels. The location is fine but I think theirs other WS options for cheaper that are just as good.

If I was looking for a WS hotel my go to would be Walking Street Guesthouse. I stayed here and the rooms were alot cheaper almost half the price for a standard room and just a better value overall. Still had stairs but for the price it was worth it. It fills early and is owned by a board member but its half price of Secrets and would be my #1 if you need to be on WS. 

Archived