Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Extra MERS screening at Swampy for Middle East flights

davidge

Ummm... can they also screen for "Cheap Charlies?"     The BG's would love that.  

:Think1:

" Remember, no matter where you go, there you are " - Confucius

You had me freaked out for a second.

They had this in Korea a while back. It's just a desk with thermal imaging that detects unusually high body temperatures.

You just walk right past it. I once had to fill out an extra form, but handing it over literally added seconds to the whole get-off-the-plane-get-out-of-the-airport experience.

Sorry if I made you panic

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

It will stop those BM's that like to walk on to a quieter immigration desk when the airport is busy though.

Or will the screening be at the gate when disembarking?

I might get an aisle at front of Economy in Oman rather than right at the back in a few days time. Combined with fleet of foot hopefully will be close to front of any possible queuing

It will stop those BM's that like to walk on to a quieter immigration desk when the airport is busy though.

Or will the screening be at the gate when disembarking?

If it's anything like in Korea, it'll just be in the corridor/walkway/whatever you want to call it.

Seriously, I doubt most people will give it more than a "Huh, there's a camera there" passing thought.

Great!!!!grrrrr hopefully the only middle East plane landing at the time I land on the emirates I'm on from Dubai. Saying that their will be something in the region of 600 people getting off the two class A380 I'm on. Time to leg it to immigration then.

As long its thermal image cameras as per the bangkok post article, then there will be no issues. had the same before with the asian bird flue crisis, its just a camera to walk past.

Note though in the last recent major health scare from the middle east (can't remember if it was MERS or another), they started making every arriving passenger on these flights complete a form and then filed them through a checkpoint (blocking off the automatic walkways) on the concourse after exiting the plane. this comprised 6 or 7 desks in a row, the first 4 being for thai nationals, with the only signage being paper notices sellotaped to the tables. it was absolute chaos -  with the signage and little information that every passenger had to fill in this form, hand it in, and get their immigration arrivals form stamped as confirmation you don't have the said disease, in order to pass through immigration. there was a flight in front of mine and you had to literally push your way through down the right hand side walkway in concourse E to get to the correct table to hand in your form as the tables blocked half the walkway, and the the rest of the aisle was a crowd of 4 or 5 deep trying to hand in the forms for the stamp.

I was flying etihad, and on the flight they only gave the forms to passengers originating in 'affected' countries. so it was completely unexplained to the rest of us getting off the plane until you saw the cordoned off area to walk through, and then the 2 thai ladies giving you the form without explaining you need to complete it. wasted about 30 minutes after working out where to go, then getting the stamp, it could easily have been twice that if you were at the back of the plane.

hopefully they won't implement this approach again for this scare.

I'm sure the Thais will have everything organised perfectly.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

I'm sure the Thais will have everything organised perfectly.

That sounds rather ironical and contemptuous disbelief! :GoldenSmile1: I hope I do not keep or extra minute of my vacation.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Last time they did this, it was just a thermal-imaging camera trying to spot passengers who were feverish, I just gave it a smile & a wave, and the pretty-girl monitoring it smiled & waved back, Welcome Home to the LOS !

• 3 months later...

Last time they did this, it was just a thermal-imaging camera trying to spot passengers who were feverish, I just gave it a smile & a wave, and the pretty-girl monitoring it smiled & waved back, Welcome Home to the LOS !

Has this been terminated or still going on ??   Crew of 14 of us due shortly ??

Ok assume this is not still applicable am sure someone have said otherwise. Roll on weekend a big crew in town

Ok assume this is not still applicable am sure someone have said otherwise. Roll on weekend a big crew in town

they stopped months ago

Archived