IGNORED

Having a small hernia op in LOS

The Sly Fox

Any of you guys recently had surgery for a small hernia done in Pattaya or elsewhere in LOS?

I just found out this morning I have a small hernia. I'm currently in Australia but I'm booked to fly back to BKK in early March, so I may be able to get the op done in Australia before departing, but if not I wonder if anyone can give me some approximate prices and recommendations if I was to have the op done in LOS.

I don't have private medical cover, so Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is out of the question, it would have to be somewhere like Queen Sirikit Hospital in Sattahip, as I'd be paying cash myself.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Do you really need to have it fixed?

Aussie doctors seem to want to cut and slice or medicate anything.

I've had a small hernia most of my life with no issue.

I wouldn't really trust most doctors in Australia to remove an ingrown toenail on my cat!

Do you really need to have it fixed?

Aussie doctors seem to want to cut and slice or medicate anything.

I've had a small hernia most of my life with no issue.

I wouldn't really trust most doctors in Australia to remove an ingrown toenail on my cat!

Good point, my mind has been wandering in that direction too. Thing is I don't know how long I've had this small hernia, it could be for years already. I will get a couple more opinions, both here and back in LOS.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Stay well away from Sirikit is my advice.

It seems to be more of a training ground for doctors.

And if your hernia is the usual inguinal type then it is not a small operation. You will have no recourse once they screw up.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a hernia repair at Bangkok hospital in Pattaya on 5th December. It was quite expensive, but they did an excellent job and the after care was very good.

However, it was diagnosed in the UK and the doctor said people can live for years without it bothering them.

The only reason I had mine repaired was that it was incarcerated and I work offshore so not worth the risk of it strangulating.

Maybe not worth the money until it becomes an issue.

Be careful ... I have had three hernia surgeries in the last 14 months... first surgery was done in November of 2014... inguinal and it was done laproscopically and had pain for over a whole year until it was "fixed" by another surgery 2 months ago... had to have another surgery done on my left side which was the whole cut and still in pain today but feel much better... my first surgery was done at Duke Hospital where I still curse that surgeon..the second and third were done by a different doc in another hospital and I feel he may have saved me from a life of long term pain...inguinal surgery is no joke.... be careful and good luck

I had mine done, ( a double Inguinal)  many years ago , and it does come back again , mine did after about 8 years. now I have lived with it ever since.

I wear a hernia belt when working or doing stuff , and have no discomfort at all. lift anything and work normal,

dont wear it shaggin and never had a problem . have a look on amazon they really are great

I had double hernia surgery 2 years ago in the States. The first few days are rough. One testicle swelled up and looked like a large avocado. I would plan a lot of down time after a surgery like that.

Archived