IGNORED

Any problems with this place/area ? [City Garden Pattaya Condominium]

Torak

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/1239171?checkin=12-04-2016&checkout=19-04-2016&s=QwpEEuxW

Found this on Airbnb, thought it looks a pretty good deal amenity and location wise, was wondering if any BM's on the ground can find fault with it ?

Amenity include a real bed, not a fake one, so pretty sure you won't go wrong on that one.

If you like the place just book it, lean back and wait for the fun ride... over planning kills the thrill

• 2 weeks later...

I'm staying in City Garden now.  There is nothing wrong with the condo complex...  Unless that room is in building A on the backside (I'm in building A on the backside, building A is the first one to the right of the entrance.)  Or the room is on the right side of this pool picture I would surely assume they have the same problem there...  (edit:  pool picture 10 of 14)

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/1239171?checkin=12-04-2016&checkout=19-04-2016&s=QwpEEuxW

There are chickens in that backyard.  Specifically roosters.  One of them goes off for hours everyday literally like every few seconds  (not kidding) (it's been going on pretty much everyday since I moved in about 3 weeks ago).  I was really considering forgetting the 25K deposit and finding a new place for a while.  Decided against it because the condo complex is really nice and the location is great and I guess maybe I got a little used to the roosters but not really sure on this last point.  But be warned if you are only staying for something like 2 weeks and the unit is in one of those two locations you will most likely regret it.

And there are mine fields. Tread lightly.

You can blow all your mines at the same time and I would be back to sleep in 30 sec if I wake up at all.  A rooster screaming for hours everyday is not a problem until there is one outside your bedroom window wise man.  If the room is in one of those two locations he will regret it. 

I agree with toli, if you're in building A the rooster will be screaming for hours but there's another issue as well. There's a shanty town right next to building A which I wasn't expecting. The condo was great but the rooster and shanty town were definitely an issue.

I live in City Garden. Never hear the rooster but I am on a high level. In fact, I never hear anything and this includes the rain till I open my balcony door.

Fantastic location. You can't go wrong in City Garden or The Urban where my friend lives next door.

I'm staying in City Garden now.  There is nothing wrong with the condo complex...  Unless that room is in building A on the backside (I'm in building A on the backside, building A is the first one to the right of the entrance.)  Or the room is on the right side of this pool picture I would surely assume they have the same problem there...  (edit:  pool picture 10 of 14)

There are chickens in that backyard.  Specifically roosters.  One of them goes off for hours everyday literally like every few seconds  (not kidding) (it's been going on pretty much everyday since I moved in about 3 weeks ago).  I was really considering forgetting the 25K deposit and finding a new place for a while.  Decided against it because the condo complex is really nice and the location is great and I guess maybe I got a little used to the roosters but not really sure on this last point.  But be warned if you are only staying for something like 2 weeks and the unit is in one of those two locations you will most likely regret it.

Cheers.

Funnily enough, I've had a Chinese family living behind me for about 6 years now, and their fucking Rooster starts at 4 o'clock every morning ! It'll feel just like home, lol.  Then again, if I have one in arms reach - I must just strangle the fucker  :GrinNod1:

*I notice on the listing it says " The room is on the first floor with private exit to the lawn behind the building."  - does that help tell which building it is - or do all the buildings have that.

** haha, just saw that it is the building with the pool on the 8th floor - is that A ?

*I notice on the listing it says " The room is on the first floor with private exit to the lawn behind the building."  - does that help tell which building it is - or do all the buildings have that.

** haha, just saw that it is the building with the pool on the 8th floor - is that A ?

If it's the building with the pool on the 8th floor then you are good.  (It's the building straight down in the back of the complex)  There is an empty lot behind it with nothing going on.  You should sleep like a baby there (you won't even know the rooster exist).

Internet - I bought DTAC data package (4.5gb data, 4g/3g connection, mostly 4g) for 450 baht a month for my phone.  Turn personal hotspot on the phone on and then connect my laptop to it.  Works like a charm (on it right now).  I did try the City garden free one just to test it out.  A couple of times it worked ok.  And a couple of times it did not work ok lol.  It's spotty.

That's a worry - anyone else had this issue ?

Yes, the WiFi was pretty inconsistent.  Once it was down for like 5 days while they "fixed" it.  Didn't help, also there is a login page you have to go to every single time you want to connect.  

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone give me an update on the city Garden condo ( E building ) . Whats the WiFi like nowadays and is it girlfriendly? I got a rate of About 750 baht a night for may

750 baht a night sounds like a good deal. Is that a nightly, weekly, or monthly rate

12 Pints in Know it all

• 4 months later...

whats the situation with bringing guest ..can u just walk right in or do they stop everyone?

Archived