IGNORED

.. NEW ENTERTAINMENT VENUE – Threat to Monger Lifestyles?

brutox

.. geniuses! .. bloody fucking geniuses, these guys! .. THB 1.0b construction cost .. family entertainment .. 1,400 seat world-class state of the art theatre .. targeting families .. minimum THB 2,000/ticket .. projecting 60-70% occupancy .. targeting a 70% Thai audience.

.. I think no threat here, men .. probably end up as a Tiffany Cabaret, or just another abandoned ghost building.

.. [mmm .. it does have a pretty snappy name, though]

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/834940/pattaya-entertains-b1bn-cinematic-theatre-venture

Pattaya entertains B1bn cinematic theatre venture

22 Jan 2016

Panjaluck Pasuk Co is investing 1 billion baht to build the country's first cinematic theatre.

To be located in Pattaya, D'Luck Cinematic Theatre is due to open in December this year.

The company was set up by a group of film directors with 50 million baht of seed money a few years ago. It raised more funds through a cloud funding scheme to reach 500 million baht in late 2014.

Siriwat Vongjarukorn, the Panjaluck Pasuk chairman, said the company expected to earn another 500 million baht from sponsorships and partnerships after raising funds from investors.

Cinematic theatre is described as the fusion of live performance and screen technology with the integrated use of video projection during stage scenes and scene transitions.

The company targets 700-800 million baht in revenue for the first year.

"I'm not really thinking about breaking even in a few years. Our aim is to improve the Thai entertainment industry," Mr Siriwat said.

Panjaluck Pasuk wants to list on the stock market within three years to raise more funds to open additional theatres in Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai.

He is optimistic about industry development because Thailand has lots of talent and professional entertainment teams.

The Pattaya theatre has 1,400 seats as well as some lifestyle retail space on its 10-rai site. The project is being designed by A49 architecture firm and contractor Ritta is in charge of construction.

Karnkridit Nimsombun, Panjaluck Pasuk's managing director, said Pattaya wanted a new lure to draw tourists instead of the negative images related to sex and mafia.

"The reason we chose Pattaya is the high number of tourists the past few years, a combination of Chinese, Russians, Americans and Europeans," he said.

The theatre will open with the live experience show "KAAN" inspired by famous Thai literature such as Ramayana, Phra Aphai Mani and Krai Thong along with the use of world-class technology and special effects.

Kaan means balancing in Thai and the company believes it reflects the show's concept of Thai style with world-class technology. The production, design and choreography are being developed by Scenario (show production), Baan Rig (entertainment rigging), Xtream Plus (multimedia and projection mapping) and Sanookdee Thaweesuk (creative services).

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

wonder if it will be a succes

i will stay in Pattaya April 18-24 and looking for all kind of fun, so send me a msg if u up for a beer

As long as it's not built on Soi6, 7, 8 or on WS, I don't see any threat to monger's lifestyles.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

My guess is it will be closed after a slow lingering death that's if it ever opens up

The new class of tourist ...chinese and Russian are to cheap to lay out 2000 for a ticket

Pattaya is a whore house and that's all it ever will be

More theaters... I guess they failed to notice all the empty ones in the existing cinema's (avenue, central, Big C, etc)...  lol

The company was set up by a group of film directors with 50 million baht of seed money a few years ago. It raised more funds through a cloud funding scheme to reach 500 million baht in late 2014.

Oh my Buddha, I'm in stitches.

I'm sure everyone who went to Vegas back in the day thought Circus Circus, the Luxor etc were a ridiculous waste in their den of seediness. Look how that turned out.

Countdown Clocks

• 5 months later...

I am not in Pattaya for culture.  I am there not to feel invisible.  I want whores to smile and wave at me. I go in Walmart in the USA and a friggin 50yo women averts her eyes from me.  It has just gotten so friggin creepy in America. I am nice looking also.

Where is it located? If they plan to open in December construction must have started.

• 2 weeks later...

Cirque De Soleil came to Bangkok last year with one of their shows and the top price was 5000 baht. Makes 2000 TB look like a good deal!

Think this is the building next to the new Supla Mare condo building on Theppesit Road opposite the lady body place.

The more the cash, the better the gash

Think this is the building next to the new Supla Mare condo building on Theppesit Road opposite the lady body place.

Yes that's the place, looks almost complete now. Hard to believe they think it will be used, 1400 seats!!, with tickets at 2000 baht +.

I know that building is supposed to be a show place so that may be it.    Hope they have some regular movie theaters there, jomtien needs them

as for 2K for a show, try and get into the coliseum.....packed all the time

it`s pattaya for god`s sake, who comes here for culture and shopping , building this and the new terminal 21 shopping centre is ridiculous in my opinion, but in know nowt, ,lol

it`s pattaya for god`s sake, who comes here for culture and shopping , building this and the new terminal 21 shopping centre is ridiculous in my opinion, but in know nowt, ,lol

have you seen the thousands of tour buses, where do you think they go?

i sure wish someone would open a big c type shopping center in jomtien.  The huge lots on threpraya is perfect for it.    And.....we really need movie theaters on this side of town

• 2 weeks later...

2,000 baht is very expensive for  the average tourist.

You can rent a nice room for 1/2 a week for this price!

I'm sure the rich and elite can easily afford this, but are

there enough of them to keep this place profitable?

That THB 1.0b would be better spent on infrastructure repairs and upgrades.   

Archived