IGNORED

Darkside worth visiting for first timer?

skyborn

Went to the beach in sattahip after a small rain storm. Tried taking the big and small road. Impossible because it was flooded as usual. Took us 3 hours to get to the beach. 2 of it just sitting in traffic. A nightmare!

Traffic is approaching unbearable around Pattaya these days, that tunnel project on Suk has created a nightmare, but also the general increase, Chinese tourbuses now all over the place, pretty well blocking every soi. I've been living in Patts for many years but seriously planning on getting out soon. I actually going on a scouting trip next week, looking for a new place to live. In terms of traffic Pattaya today is same as Bangkok.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

You can't have tried too hard. Go north until you can turn around. Or go right from south Pattaya road and turn left onto Khao Talo.

I won't try and explain the short cut behind the temple. Although these days it's getting busier and busier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It isn't difficult to get to Khao Talo which in turn joins Khao Noi and then into NPW & SCC

Or carry your bike over using the walkover bridge north of Klang. As rollingstonedan posted, many ways across Suk.

Yes, see I cycled up to Suk via small local roads in between Patt Klang & Patt Tai and at the point you come out all you can see is the hoarded off tunnel site in both directions, plus, as attested by Sly Fox above, the traffic on Suk was chronically heavy so, being late in the afternoon, I just gave up and headed back to prepare for the night's mongering. Thanks for the tips and I will try again next trip  :ThumbUp6:

`rent a bike and go take a drive and you will find some bars with sexy girls ready to cool you down ;o)

Are you trying to get our american comrade killed LOL

renting  a bike in Pattaya to drive around on his first trip,  Newbie , driving on a different side of the road, madness of pattaya driving , is not a good idea   :Think1:

Yes a bad idea! I started to bike with a group of Thais and it was a good idea. They have their own little bike club and watched out for me. I just stayed in the middle of the pack. After a couple bike trips I felt comfortable enough to go out on my own. If the poor guy really has a death wish tell him to just rent a motor bike! 555.

Archived