IGNORED

Darkside worth visiting for first timer?

skyborn

Hello Addicts, I'm making my first trip to Patts in a couple weeks, I'm curious if the darkside's worth visiting for first timers. I've seen the topic rather split on the boards. 

I do love to monger every night, but I also enjoy shopping, seeing the sites, and general tourism as well.

The dark side is the residential area on the east side of Thanon Sukhumvit. Yes, it has some bars, but they are really catering to the folk who live there. The area is VERY much quieter than the main mongering areas like Soi 6, Soi Buakhao, Walking St. etc.

I'd stick with the area between Beach Road and Third Road, there's far more of interest there.

If your not familar with the Dark side you may find yourself on 331 going to Korat

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

u really need someone who knows where they're going over there if you were to go over there,I enjoy it for a change but part of the appeal is also riding the bike around over there for few hours as there's not as much traffic

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

The dark side is the residential area on the east side of Thanon Sukhumvit. Yes, it has some bars, but they are really catering to the folk who live there. The area is VERY much quieter than the main mongering areas like Soi 6, Soi Buakhao, Walking St. etc.

I'd stick with the area between Beach Road and Third Road, there's far more of interest there.

Thanks for the good info Colin. Maybe Ill just save that for the next trip.

If you love mongering every night then do as Colin says - BooCow, 6, Honey, Chaiyaphum, WS - that's the hub.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

There is soooo much for a 1st timer to see on the "bright side" it would take at least a month to soak it all in, WS, Buakow, Soi 6, Soi 7, Soi 8, Beach Road, LK Metro, Drinking St, Action St, Soi Honey, Soi Post Office, Pattayaland, and all the little bars off the main sois (Club 4, Le Carre Blanc, Telephone, etc).  No need to try to make it over to the DS, in reality most DS bars are on the slow side.  Maybe save a DS visit for after you've seen all there is in Pattaya city.

`rent a bike and go take a drive and you will find some bars with sexy girls ready to cool you down ;o)

i will stay in Pattaya April 18-24 and looking for all kind of fun, so send me a msg if u up for a beer

its very hit or miss, so can be a let down if coming from town, especially trying to find various ones if you don't know the area,

also not many bars using the short time rooms now due to visits from the bib, pacha got hit hard the other day,piss tested the girls and hefty fine, but prob be back to normal soon,

No, it's not worth it for a first timer. It's a hassle to get there, and a hassle to get back. You need a map and make plans where to go. DS has nothing to offer what you can't find on the seaside. You will have more fun in f.ex. DS (Drinking Street) than on the DS. If you feel for a change for a more quiet place to hang out, then better go south to Jomtien or north to Naklua.

• 4 months later...

I agree. I live in the Dark Side. I stay there with my girlfriend and her daughter. Its more family orientated if that is possible in Patts. Haha. I think there are a lot of farang with Thai families there. I have spent time In BKK and Beach Road. I go there when I want to have a good time. I just dont see the point for a person that doesnt live in Thailand to go to the Dark Side. Its nice but nothi g special.

I agree. I live in the Dark Side. I stay there with my girlfriend and her daughter. Its more family orientated if that is possible in Patts. Haha. I think there are a lot of farang with Thai families there. I have spent time In BKK and Beach Road. I go there when I want to have a good time. I just dont see the point for a person that doesnt live in Thailand to go to the Dark Side. Its nice but nothi g special.

Khao Talo?

Khao Noi?

NPW?

Don't go at night time

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I eat carrots

I've never seen a rabbit wearing glasses either

Hello Addicts, I'm making my first trip to Patts in a couple weeks, I'm curious if the darkside's worth visiting for first timers. I've seen the topic rather split on the boards. 

I do love to monger every night, but I also enjoy shopping, seeing the sites, and general tourism as well.

I'd avoid the dark side if I were you.

Some very strange people live there.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'd avoid the dark side if I were you.

Some very strange people live there.

If you do go 'keep on the path'

Impossible to get there at the moment. Rented a bicycle on Soi Buakhao with the intention of having a look around the Darkside. So I made my way up to Sukhumvit Road but then got blocked by that tunnel project in the middle of the road. Impossible to get to the other side of Sukhumvit. At least I couldn't see a way across.

Impossible to get there at the moment. Rented a bicycle on Soi Buakhao with the intention of having a look around the Darkside. So I made my way up to Sukhumvit Road but then got blocked by that tunnel project in the middle of the road. Impossible to get to the other side of Sukhumvit. At least I couldn't see a way across.

You can't have tried too hard. Go north until you can turn around. Or go right from south Pattaya road and turn left onto Khao Talo.

I won't try and explain the short cut behind the temple. Although these days it's getting busier and busier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't have tried too hard. Go north until you can turn around. Or go right from south Pattaya road and turn left onto Khao Talo.

I won't try and explain the short cut behind the temple. Although these days it's getting busier and busier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. Will try again next time.

Went to the beach in sattahip after a small rain storm. Tried taking the big and small road. Impossible because it was flooded as usual. Took us 3 hours to get to the beach. 2 of it just sitting in traffic. A nightmare!

Or carry your bike over using the walkover bridge north of Klang. As rollingstonedan posted, many ways across Suk.

Archived