Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Six Months Visa

Billyboy294

Not an assumption Edge.

You can extend your 60 days on METV with an additional 30 days at Jomtien.

But you must remember the validity is 6 months from ISSUE date.

Best to have a mathematician as a wingman, buy him a barfine or two.

................................................................................................................

I had already booked my flight early last year long before the METV came in. We all did not see the dropping of the double and triple visa coming.

I previously used the double tourist visa entry, several times. .

This trip is for 99 days that's why I am going down the METV route. (60 days on arrival plus 30 at Jomtien would not be enough, it would still leave me having to go Cambodia)

Yours is a perfect example of why you could have got away with a SETV.

On your METV you don't have to get an extension from Jomtien, saving you 1900 bht ( £38 ) ..... But you DO have to make a border run.

If you had SETV you would have to do a border run AND pay for an extension.

But you have paid £100 more for your METV than an SETV.

Not an assumption Edge.

You can extend your 60 days on METV with an additional 30 days at Jomtien.

But you must remember the validity is 6 months from ISSUE date.

Not an assumption but I still haven't seen confirmation that you can extend?

Regardless, it seems to me that if they see that it isn't being used as intended i.e. it's being used by long staying duckers and divers to get nearly 9 months doing In/Out border runs and Extensions, it would be very easy for them to just announce a tightening up 'crackdown' and based on what they've been doing over the past couple of years I feel it is quite likely that they will.

Time will tell, but what are the valid reasons why a genuine tourist would need to extend?

Also see jerry's thread about how 'easy' it is to get an Extension of a TV lately.

Not an assumption but I still haven't seen confirmation that you can extend?

Regardless, it seems to me that if they see that it isn't being used as intended i.e. it's being used by long staying duckers and divers to get nearly 9 months doing In/Out border runs and Extensions, it would be very easy for them to just announce a tightening up 'crackdown' and based on what they've been doing over the past couple of years I feel it is quite likely that they will.

Time will tell, but what are the valid reasons why a genuine tourist would need to extend?

Also see jerry's thread about how 'easy' it is to get an Extension of a TV lately.

I don't know why you haven't seen confirmation that an METV can be extended. Maybe you haven't looked?

If you don't believe me you can

a. Look at MRDK's post #23 yesterday, in the "30 day overstay fine confusion" thread. It's right at the top. Second paragraph I think.

b. Google " Can I get 30 day extensions on METV Thailand visa"

c. Do what I did and email Hull (or any other) Consulate.

On your second paragraph, I don't know how they will change the visa rules in the future. Neither do you, but change they will.

Your final paragraph regarding genuine reasons for needing to extend could include being too sick to travel. Or loss of passport. Or loss of money and unable to pay hotel bill until funds arrive. Or indeed many other genuine reasons.

That is why they offer extensions on Visa Waiver, SETV & METV

:GoldenSmile1:

I don't know why you haven't seen confirmation that an METV can be extended. Maybe you haven't looked?

Ah, so your answer to the Q I asked 3 x back there might have been - http://boomboomme.com/visa_faq.htm#overstay

Ah, so your answer to the Q I asked 3 x back there might have been - http://boomboomme.com/visa_faq.htm#overstay

I knew before I saw that post.....But you didn't.

If you read my last post you will see that I checked with Hull.

But carry on Edge. BM's can see the value of my posts on this thread versus your sniping.

I knew before I saw that post.....But you didn't.

If you read my last post you will see that I checked with Hull.

But carry on Edge. BM's can see the value of my posts on this thread versus your sniping.

Sorry that's how you see it.

If I'd realised that you were on some sort of egotistical points scoring mission then I wouldn't have bothered you with what I thought was a very simple question.   :GoldenSmile1:

Just going back slightly if I may. I understand the 30 day visa exempt stamp can be now extended once at Jomtien for another 30 days avoiding the need for a single entry Tourist Visa in advance.

However whats the situation at check in when the Emirates Etihad Qatar (insert your airline) check in staff say wheres your Visa when there records show for example this is a 50 day trip  ??

Just going back slightly if I may. I understand the 30 day visa exempt stamp can be now extended once at Jomtien for another 30 days avoiding the need for a single entry Tourist Visa in advance.

However whats the situation at check in when the Emirates Etihad Qatar (insert your airline) check in staff say wheres your Visa when there records show for example this is a 50 day trip ??

You're quite right harvey. The airlines have the power to stop you boarding if your stay is more than 30 days without a visa.

In reality an extension on a visa waiver will only be for an emergency. Because SETV is cheaper than a 30 day extension.

You're quite right harvey. The airlines have the power to stop you boarding if your stay is more than 30 days without a visa.

In reality an extension on a visa waiver will only be for an emergency. Because SETV is cheaper than a 30 day extension.

So as I suspected its playing with fire not having the SETV on the basis the airline staff could quite likely offload you

So as I suspected its playing with fire not having the SETV on the basis the airline staff could quite likely offload you

Yep.

And If the airline staff don't get you Immigration can refuse to stamp you in Thailand if your departure card shows 30+ days

As a guide I would say that if you are coming for 61 days up to 150 days get a SETV. 151 days up to 260 days get a METV.

Less than 60 days....business as usual

Why not 2 x SETVs for 180 days plus time in HCM , Is it just the additional cost of an extra 30 day extension ?

60 days extend for 30 ----------Ho chi Minh pick up new 60 day SETV --------- 60 days extend for 30

I am probably having a blonde moment and missing something obvious.

Why not 2 x SETVs for 180 days plus time in HCM , Is it just the additional cost of an extra 30 day extension ?

60 days extend for 30 ----------Ho chi Minh pick up new 60 day SETV --------- 60 days extend for 30

I am probably having a blonde moment and missing something obvious.

You're not having a blonde moment mate....I am

I missed out a border run on my calculation, so 180 days is a little cheaper. Of course you need to add a couple of nights hotel, but £15 a night is plenty.

The main benefit for the 2xSETV is that you only leave Thailand once. And if you want a few days away anyway it's a great idea.

SETV

Visa UK £35

Visa Vietnam £28

Flight Vietnam £75

2x Extensions £76

Total £214

METV (1)

Visa UK £135

2x Border run £90

Total £225

METV (2)

Visa UK £135

1x Border run £45

2x extension £76

Total £256

And of course, you dont need to provide all the additional information for your SETV.

Thanks for pointing it out

Airasia do 3 flights a day to Don muang to Ho Chi Minh,many dates available 1200b each way and cheaper.With HCM being one of AA's biggest destination from Bangkok would not be surprised if they

added U-Tapao to HCM in the future.

And if you really want to save cash and have time on your hands 133baht 389 jomtien bus to SUV airport then free shuttle bus to Don Muang.Probably could do round trip for around 2500b.

I fancy a week or two travelling the reunification railway in Vietnam so it sounds a good plan.

Anyone have info on cheap flights from BKK airport to HCM for us to pick new SETV's?

It's certainly been good for us,cost wise,with the vietnamese introducing the visa waiver.

Long may it continue

Airasia do 3 flights a day to Don muang to Ho Chi Minh,many dates available 1200b each way and cheaper.With HCM being one of AA's biggest destination from Bangkok would not be surprised if they

added U-Tapao to HCM in the future.

And if you really want to save cash and have time on your hands 133baht 389 jomtien bus to SUV airport then free shuttle bus to Don Muang.Probably could do round trip for around 2500b.

I fancy a week or two travelling the reunification railway in Vietnam so it sounds a good plan.

Anyone have info on cheap flights from BKK airport to HCM for us to pick new SETV's?

I believe Jetstar does it, probably Jet airways too.

................................................................................................................

Does anyone know how long you have to wait before you can apply for another single or multiple entry visa once you arrive back in your home country?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

No edge. For 5 months (150 days). SETV from uk = 60 days. Then leave and get SETV from vietnam = 60 days + 30 from Jomtien.

Just one run mate.

this is what im thinking of doing but why not extend the 1st visa by 30days so 6 months can be had?

Seems far easier then jumping through all the hoops of the muilti.

If the muilti was 12 months it would be worth the hassle

I believe Jetstar does it, probably Jet airways too.

Jetstar does but some of their flights involves a change and takes around 8 hours minimum opposed to about 1.5 hours direct with AA.

Also Nok air and Viet air do the route.

• 1 month later...

For Americans, where's best options to leave Thailand and getting 2nd SETV?  Americans need to fork out $90 (that's what i paid few years ago) for visa into Vietnam, but could imagine that Singapore, Malaysia, or Hong Kong works okay?  Not sure how strict they are, and feel free to chime additional countries that i might forgot (around thailand or at least, in SE Asia region 555).

Archived