Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Six Months Visa

Billyboy294

Has anyone got info on the Six Months Visa and is it open to under 50's.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

You can get multi enter visa from thia consulat office in Hull. Same day, but lots of conditions.

www.thaiconsul-uk.com

A lot of hoops to jump through to get it.

You can't actually stay for 6 months just enter multiple times within 6 months.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Well guys my next trip over I will be trying for one of these later this year at the London embassy in Queensgate.

I've got the money in the bank no problem and can show both hotel bookings and return flights but I run my own company and draw no salary from it so I have zero earnings to show.

I do have a private pension but its worth next to nothing and doest even kick in for a few years.

In theory they will say no but I've clicked to follow this topic and will update as to what happens.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Has anyone got info on the Six Months Visa and is it open to under 50's.

It is six months multiple entry limited to 60 days each entry and available to anyone with the fee. I'll assume you know how a multiple entry visa works.

Why would it not be available to under 50? That's not how visitor visas work.

Well guys my next trip over I will be trying for one of these later this year at the London embassy in Queensgate.

I've got the money in the bank no problem and can show both hotel bookings and return flights but I run my own company and draw no salary from it so I have zero earnings to show.

I do have a private pension but its worth next to nothing and doest even kick in for a few years.

In theory they will say no but I've clicked to follow this topic and will update as to what happens.

If you can establish that you own the company, you can show the company assets as your own. Financial transactions in the company account can be substituted as earnings of your own. 

................................................................................................................

I just do seasonal work now in the UK, so cannot get a letter from employer.

I stay 5 months in Thailand so the METV @ £125 is no real benefit to me, because I would still be required to do a border run.

For me the way to go is SETV from UK @ £25 + £10 admin. After 60 days get a cheap flight to Ho Chi Minh ( no visa required ). Get a SETV from there @ £28. After 60 days get an 30 day extension at Jomtien £38.

The cost of the flight to Vietnam is about the same as a Cambodian border run.

It wouldn't work for 6 months but 5 months is fine!

Edit:- I forgot the £10 admin on METV, making it £135

If you can establish that you own the company, you can show the company assets as your own. Financial transactions in the company account can be substituted as earnings of your own. 

Thanks for this :GoldenSmile1:

I stay 5 months in Thailand so the METV @ £125 is no real benefit to me, because I would still be required to do a border run.

For me the way to go is SETV from UK @ £25 + £10 admin. After 60 days get a cheap flight to Ho Chi Minh ( no visa required ). Get a SETV from there @ £28. After 60 days get an 30 day extension at Jomtien £38.

Which airline company do you use for Ho Chi Minh to make the return flight so cheap? Abd do yiu stay over there for any length of time? I cannot see it being as cheap as just a trip to the border n back thats done in a few hours with no stay over required. And where do yiu get the SETV from - the thai embassy in HCM?

Additionally, for 5 months with 60 day stays, why wouldn't it be 2 border runs.

I thought there was still some Q as to whether you can do In/Out border runs with these?

Aren't they meant for real tourists who want to visit other countries for at least a few days?

Immigration seem to count in/out border runs as those done by people who came into Thailand on a 30 day visa-free entry, they dont seem concerned about anyone who has a valid visa and leaves then re-enters.

It is six months multiple entry limited to 60 days each entry and available to anyone with the fee. I'll assume you know how a multiple entry visa works.

Why would it not be available to under 50? That's not how visitor visas work.

I somehow thought it was a new Visa which was available in Thailand and was directed at those who did not require to get the 1 year Retirement Visa as they only wanted to stay about 5 months like many of the Fins and Scandinavians who live in my Condo do, and without the hassle of having to  do border runs.

I told a Canadian who is pissed off with having to do border runs about this new Visa and he asked if it was open to under 50's and i said i would find out.

I somehow thought it was a new Visa which was directed at those who did not require to get the 1 year Retirement Visa as they only wanted to stay about 5 months like many of the Fins and Scandinavians who live in my Condo do, and without the hassle of having to  do border runs.

I told a Canadian who is pissed off with having to do border runs about this Visa and he asked if it was open to under 50's and i said i would find out.

But you have to go out (do border run) every 60 days?

So is the only basic difference from before is that you dont have to get extensions on your normal 2 months Tourist visa.

Do you have to get in your own country or can you get it at Jomptien on a 30 day entry.

As I understand it, home country only.

Details from Thai Consulate Cardiff:

image.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Additionally, for 5 months with 60 day stays, why wouldn't it be 2 border runs.

I thought there was still some Q as to whether you can do In/Out border runs with these?

Aren't they meant for real tourists who want to visit other countries for at least a few days?

No edge. For 5 months (150 days). SETV from uk = 60 days. Then leave and get SETV from vietnam = 60 days + 30 from Jomtien.

Just one run mate.

Which airline company do you use for Ho Chi Minh to make the return flight so cheap? Abd do yiu stay over there for any length of time? I cannot see it being as cheap as just a trip to the border n back thats done in a few hours with no stay over required. And where do yiu get the SETV from - the thai embassy in HCM?

Jetstar from swampy £68-£78. Say about 3500 bht.

Don't forget you don't have to pay for visa now in Vietnam as long as you stay 15 days or less.

Thai embassy, district 3 ho chi minh.

Can stop over a couple of nights. You'll save a bundle on your beer costs and its something different.

If you weigh the costs up it may even be cheaper than METV......and not as intrusive

I applied and received my Multi Entry Tourist Visa (METV) last week from the Consulate in Glasgow. Prior to dropping off my application form in person, I contacted them regarding a couple of points I had concerns about.

1. Can a person who is retired (I am 54 years old) apply for this Visa. (Answer from Yes in the section marked occupation put retired)

and

2. What if you do not stay in a hotel but with someone in a house can you still apply. (Answer Yes just get a copy of a utility bill showing the house address)

For my application I submitted the following:

Completed application form, 2 photos, proof of 5,000.00 in the bank for 6 months, copy of house utility bills of my place of residence in Pattaya, Copy of my E flight ticket and lastly 125.00 pounds.

I also enclosed a self addressed Royal Mail special delivery envelope.

Visa granted and returned to me 4 days later.

In my opinion if you have the money in the bank, return e-ticket and proof of where you are staying even for only for one night on arrival you will get your Visa. 

Thanks twitterboy.

So it appears that they are flexible with the employers letter or tax return.

How long are you staying for because you have to border run every 90 days yes?

Edit. 60 days + 30 day extension @ 1900 bht

No edge. For 5 months (150 days). SETV from uk = 60 days. Then leave and get SETV from vietnam = 60 days + 30 from Jomtien.

Just one run mate.

Jetstar from swampy £68-£78. Say about 3500 bht.

Don't forget you don't have to pay for visa now in Vietnam as long as you stay 15 days or less.

Thai embassy, district 3 ho chi minh.

Can stop over a couple of nights. You'll save a bundle on your beer costs and its something different.

If you weigh the costs up it may even be cheaper than METV......and not as intrusive

Very helpful, thanks and I agree about the intrusive element of the METV

I applied and received my Multi Entry Tourist Visa (METV) last week from the Consulate in Glasgow. Prior to dropping off my application form in person, I contacted them regarding a couple of points I had concerns about.

1. Can a person who is retired (I am 54 years old) apply for this Visa. (Answer from Yes in the section marked occupation put retired)

and

2. What if you do not stay in a Hotel but with someone in a house can you still apply. (Answer Yes just get a copy of a utility bill showing the house address)

For my application I submitted the following:

Completed application form, 2 photos, proof of 5,000.00 in the bank for 6 months, copy of house utility bills of my place of residence in Pattaya, Copy of my E flight ticket and lastly 125.00 pounds.

I also enclosed a self addressed Royal Mail special delivery envelope.

Visa granted and returned to me 4 days later.

In my opinion if you have the money in the bank, return e-ticket and proof of where you are staying even for only for one night on arrival you will get your Visa. 

Thanks for this, its a great help, not only for myself but for many others from the UK.

I had already booked my flight early last year long before the METV came in. We all did not see the dropping of the double and triple visa coming.

I previously used the double tourist visa entry, several times. .

This trip is for 99 days that's why I am going down the METV route. (60 days on arrival plus 30 at Jomtien would not be enough, it would still leave me having to go Cambodia)

Just one run mate.

Yes, I was agreeing with your alternative strategy but pointing out that with a METV it would be 2 border runs no?

Thanks twitterboy.

So it appears that they are flexible with the employers letter or tax return.

How long are you staying for because you have to border run every 90 days yes?

Edit. 60 days + 30 day extension @ 1900 bht

Has there been anything to say that you can extend those 60 day segments, thus turning a 6 month METV into 9 months?

Is that what you meant?

Yes, I was agreeing with your alternative strategy but pointing out that with a METV it would be 2 border runs no?

Has there been anything to say that you can extend those 60 day segments, thus turning a 6 month METV into 9 months?

Is that what you meant?

1. Technically, you could do one border run by getting an extension at Jomtien after your first 60 days. But that makes the METV not cost effective for you.

2. You can get "nearly" 9 months if you buy your METV just before you travel ( It is only valid for 6 months from date of issue ) and make your final exit/entry on the last day.

As a guide I would say that if you are coming for 61 days up to 150 days get a SETV. 151 days up to 260 days get a METV.

Less than 60 days....business as usual

1. Technically, you could do one border run by getting an extension at Jomtien after your first 60 days. But that makes the METV not cost effective for you.

2. You can get "nearly" 9 months if you buy your METV just before you travel ( It is only valid for 6 months from date of issue ) and make your final exit/entry on the last day.

So youve seen confirmation that the 60 day segments can be extended or youre assuming each one will be treated the same as a SETV ?

Archived