IGNORED

England in south Africa.

vimto66

Cant believe nobody has menetioned Englands performance in south Africa in the test series yet,to win the series with a test to go is a fantastic achievment,to do in their own back yard too makes sit even more satisfactory considering how highly rated South Africa are,what a spell from stuart broad,5-1 totally demolished them,all out for 80 odd,well done England. :Party3:

Well Done England. 

Alas my attitude to cricket is the same as your Jeremy Clarkson's :)

Yes not everyones cup of tea i admit,but you should think yourself lucky you have two top class teams in popular sports ie cricket/rugby.Its had its fair share of controversy in the past with apartheid,but it dosnt take away the fact SA have been among the top dogs in these sports for some time. 

I never expected a series win in SA so its an amazing achievement.

I'm glad to see Compton given another chance and he scored some important runs at his slow but steady pace.

Its been great to see our bowlers taking charge when Jimmy has not beeen taking wickets.

Unfortunately Finn has another injury - this guy must have massive character to win his place back after so many setbacks.

Well Done England. 

Alas my attitude to cricket is the same as your Jeremy Clarkson's :)

Mine too.

Robw

I'm always happy to have some banter about test cricket . 

I would think the number of South Africans on this board would probably be quite small .  Iv'e only met a few in my travels around Thailand , the ones i have met have been in Bangkok and are very passionate about their Rugby Union and Cricket .

South Africa have been a side in decline now , for a while , and Englands series win was not a shock to me ,  SA  have been missing their 2 best bowlers for the majority of this series { Steyn & Philander } which hasn't helped , but their batting at times has been spineless , admittedly against a very confident England side , bowling well . 

England cant do any more than they are doing right now ,

Graeme Smith , their recently retired Captain and opening bat is still only 33    ( watch this space )

The real worry for SA is that their domestic game is becoming weaker for whatever reasons .  

Mikeyboy

South Africa win final test by a distance .     More importantly  some very good individual performances ,  

Kagiso Rabada is a real find ,  at 20 years old , he took 13 wickets in this match .

Stephen Cook opening , scores a fine century on debut , looked the real deal .

Quinton de Kock   wicketkeeper , also scored a century and looked good behind the stumps .       A B can stop fretting now and concentrate on his batting after bagging a pair this match .

Mikeyboy

Archived