Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

LINE ID, Line messaging app - silly design

rog555

You install Line on your phone and as far as I remember it defaults your all important LINE ID to be your mobile phone number.

That sounds OK at first as you know and use your mobile number often. But a while later you change your SIM card and you then have to try and remember your old phone number forever more.

You go to help in LINE and it just says your line id cannot be changed !

And if you try and search by Line id and try alphabetic characters it just says try later. So looks like alpha characters cannot be used for an ID.

Seems like a very basic design/usabilty flaw to me. I wonder what the designers were thinking?

Go into profile settings. You can select any unused User ID you want. Could do "rog555" if you want. User ID is searchable.

You install Line on your phone and as far as I remember it defaults your all important LINE ID to be your mobile phone number.

That sounds OK at first as you know and use your mobile number often. But a while later you change your SIM card and you then have to try and remember your old phone number forever more.

You go to help in LINE and it just says your line id cannot be changed !

And if you try and search by Line id and try alphabetic characters it just says try later. So looks like alpha characters cannot be used for an ID.

Seems like a very basic design/usabilty flaw to me. I wonder what the designers were thinking?

Go into Settings -> Account, register with an email/password or link to Facebook to make a LINE id (not a phone number).

Then you can transfer your existing LINE account/id to a new device/phone number.

https://help.line.me/line/?contentId=10002418

Go into profile settings. You can select any unused User ID you want. Could do "rog555" if you want. User ID is searchable.

Thanks. Are you sure ? On my phone in profile setting, the userid field is non-modifable. Display name is modifiable.

Thanks. Are you sure ? On my phone in profile setting, the userid field is non-modifable. Display name is modifiable.

I'm sure on my android phone. I've never set the UserID. I do seem to recall it's a one time thing, one you set it you're done. On my telephone it says "ID Not Set".

All I know from experience is you can have Line Id on your mobile or your tablet but not on both.I tried to put it on tablet and lost it on mobile and vice versa.I'm scared of changing it know for fear of losing my contacts.

All I know from experience is you can have Line Id on your mobile or your tablet but not on both.I tried to put it on tablet and lost it on mobile and vice versa.I'm scared of changing it know for fear of losing my contacts.

you can have it on your phone and computer.    Both work at the same time as if it is one device.   you gotta tell it that its okay to have a computer too

Yes, one mobile device at a time, but as JH mentioned, you can have it on your mobile device and also have it on your laptop/desktop at the same time. It will send a message to your mobile device when you log on with the desktop version. 

Archived