Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Great noodle soup

This place (sorry the name is in Thai) only has noodle soup and the broth is pork. I've had noodle soup at maybe 30-40 places and this is the best by far IMO. First time in I asked for a large pork(70 baht) but it's bigger than a normal serving elsewhere.  Alot of pork that is flavorful and tender but it's the broth that keeps me coming back. Very rich and very good! Unsure if there is a smaller serving for less baht as every time I order it's the same as the first. Can get different types of noodles but unsure if they have different meats. They seem to stick to their specialty instead of variety. More of a lunchtime place also, not open late. There's 8 million noodle soup stalls here so I can't try them all but if you have a favorite please post it. I'm always wanting to try others if they are good. 

This shop is on 3rd road about 500 meters south of Pattaya Klang (Central rd)...on the East side of 3rd rd.

12516388_1076615975702498_1804910184_n.jpg12540184_1076615969035832_771960054_n.jpg12575978_1076615979035831_468105205_n.jpg

Best noodle soup at stand by Tesco Lotus Pratumnak evenings only.  :Think1:

The original poster's noodle soup looks so good, I'm going to go try it now. I'll report back.

Edit: Closed today, no signage as to why. I'm not sure it's still in business. Will check next time I pass.

The original poster's noodle soup looks so good, I'm going to go try it now. I'll report back.

Edit: Closed today, no signage as to why. I'm not sure it's still in business. Will check next time I pass.

oh man! Doubt it's out of business. Always a few people eating when I go after school (2:30PM). It's good stuff!

Yep...closed today. Apparently put up the sign after you were there. Looks like they give the hours for another day but I can't read Thai

12540377_1077103105653785_1777351525_n.jpg

Yeah, I saw that sign and I read Thai. The sign says "Opening hours 09:00-17:00."

Imagine my confustion. :D

Yeah, I saw that sign and I read Thai. The sign says "Opening hours 09:00-17:00."

Imagine my confustion. :D

Didn't want to write 'closed today'.Probably no dry erase pen. Typical Thai mom & pop shop

Nah. I think that's khao soi isn't it?

No. Khai soi is curry soup from Lanna region.

If you do to regular Thai noodle shop if the broth is dark color there is a very good chance they have added fresh pig blood.

I find that totally disgusting.

Boat noodles ... generally have blood in it by default. 

The picture above looks to me like there is blood in it. 

I don't think there is blood in it. BTW I think there is a boat noodle shop in the works a couple blocks south of this place. Empty inside but has a banner that says Bangkok Boat Noodles...across from Leela coffee

Boat noodles are served many places. They were originally served from boats. Now they're mostly served in noodle stands and shops. Once I got a dramatically bloody soup in a Pattaya food court (not intentionally) I still think based on that picture that it is a version of boat noodles which would have raw blood in it (either pig or cow). Boa noodles traditionally come with thin rice noodles (sen lek) as pictured. Tonight I happened to have a classic Bah mee moo deang  (red BBQ pork) with egg noodles. Definitely no blood in that. 

Not everyone is bothered with the raw blood. It does add flavor. In the west we have blood sausages. As you know, cubes of congealed blood are often included in standard Thai noodle soups without blood broths as well. A clear broth will not be a blood broth. A curry broth will not be a blood broth. A darker broth, good chance it is a raw blood added broth. 

I can almost guarantee there is no blood added to the broth. Blood has a distinctive taste and should be somewhat noticeable. Think the darkness comes from sauces and spices, like khao ka moo. I will ask them.

Holy soup grail. I'm going to wander over again when I get hungry. I'm guessing it will be closed again.

This adventure I'm sure has every Addicts boardmember on the edge of their seats.

Holy soup grail. I'm going to wander over again when I get hungry. I'm guessing it will be closed again.

This adventure I'm sure has every Addicts boardmember on the edge of their seats.

We're all on pins and needles LOL Hope they are open being Sunday and all

Have you been to the Southern Thai curry place across the street from Holy Grail Soup? I ended up getting food to go from there yesterday. A good feed and cheap. Open 10 am to 4 pm, but the best food is say 10:30 to 12:30.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.932211,100.89065,3a,16.8y,286.31h,84.87t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGI638N3g4FK41Tdj8mZmbg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Have you been to the Southern Thai curry place across the street from Holy Grail Soup? I ended up getting food to go from there yesterday. A good feed and cheap. Open 10 am to 4 pm, but the best food is say 10:30 to 12:30.

I have not but I have walked by numerous times. I will try it.

It was open today. The soup is good, but not outstanding to me.

I ordered wheat noodles with stewed pork, hold the meatballs, large size. (Ba mee nam mu toon mai ow luk chin, kaw piset duay)

60 baht (more than usual) but a lot of meat--pork ribs actually. The meat was a bit underdone for my taste, but nice.

I'll go back, but I won't be rushing back.

This place also has beef, by the way. I might try that next time. They specialize in stewed meats--'toon'.

It was open today. The soup is good, but not outstanding to me.

I ordered wheat noodles with stewed pork, hold the meatballs, large size. (Ba mee nam mu toon mai ow luk chin, kaw piset duay)

60 baht (more than usual) but a lot of meat--pork ribs actually. The meat was a bit underdone for my taste, but nice.

I'll go back, but I won't be rushing back.

This place also has beef, by the way. I might try that next time. They specialize in stewed meats--'toon'.

Looks like I may have over-hyped it a bit! I didn't know they had beef. Makes sense now as there are two broth vats if I remember correctly. I will try the beef tomorrow after school (with the Chinese noodles).

You really can't always taste the blood. 

Depends on how much they put in, etc.

I think probably not a big issue for most people. 

But it makes me sick thinking about it. 

http://midtownlunch.com/los-angeles/2010/08/16/how-to-decide-which-thai-boat-noodles-are-best-for-you/

That’s right.  The not-so-secret ingredient in boat noodles is blood- but now that I’ve told you that, I want you to completely forget you ever knew it.  Because if nobody told you about the blood, and pushed this sweet and sour, savory and spicy soup in front of you and told you to drink, you’d love it. And why should a little blood get in the way of you tasting one of the best foodstuffs ever. I guarantee you will love it.  Well, maybe you wouldn’t love every version.  But some boat noodles are… let’s say…easier than others.  So the trick is to find the bowl that is right for you.

You really can't always taste the blood. 

Depends on how much they put in, etc.

I think probably not a big issue for most people. 

But it makes me sick thinking about it. 

I've never had blood soup. I actually would like to try it if there's not too much in it

I've never had blood soup. I actually would like to try it if there's not too much in it

You can try putting a slice or two of black pudding in a big pan of soup, I suppose, I do this with stew, as it dissolves it thickens the stew and apparently now it's a superfood.

It's too hot for me in Pattaya to eat soup. But now that I am back in the great white north that bowl of soup certainly does look good.

Archived