IGNORED

Where in Pattaya can I buy a Dell XPS13 laptop?

Encora

If you already know the model you want, and don't need to touch it before you buy it, I'd go with InvadeIT.com on your computer. I buy lots from them via the website and EMS for delivering. Currently having a failed hd looked at under warranty. (That they are taking care of dealing with Synnex.)

I highly recommend them.

Also, while I'm not 100% certain, I suspect any Dell warranty work in Thailand would be handled by Synnex. There ought to be an authorized Synnex repair outlet in Pattaya that would allow you to take care of any warranty work "locally". Dealing with Synnex in Pattaya would probably be okay, since I'm almost certain they will have English speakers on staff. (Important to me since I have yet to be proficient at Thai.) In Udon Thani, they do not have English speakers, so having InvadeIT act as a middleman for me is highly desirable.

Thanks Garzan. It is a laptop for my S.O., who thinks she wants that model, but would like to get a hand on it before buying. We have found an outlet in Rayong. So if we don't see one in TukCom this afternoon, we'll drive to Rayong instead, much easier to get to then BKK.

I have a Dell laptop (not the XPS13) that I bought at Watanna (across from Foodland). I had looked all over TukCom before finding what I wanted there. In my case I was looking for a 15" model and 13" seemed to be the norm. I think Watanna has a shop or two in TukCom also but the big shop has more selection.

Would ebay or amazon not be your best bet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Articles imported from overseas will often carry a import duty, never sure in advance how much

Also, prefer to buy from local shop, because better access to service if need be.

Articles imported from overseas will often carry a import duty, never sure in advance how much

Also, prefer to buy from local shop, because better access to service if need be.

I bought motorcycle parts from a manufacturer in England. Duty, VAT, and misc fees ended up as 47% of the purchase price. (16,000 baht) That was a horrible shock, that I don't recommend to anyone. Sadly, the particular parts I ordered aren't made anywhere else.

Archived