Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Naklua Fish Market (Lan Pho Market)

A few weeks ago after a lovely afternoon “reunion” shag, my Thai GF treated me and her friends to a feast of seafood from Naklua Fish Market (Lan Pho Market).

I was very excited to go as I had heard about the place from a very good friend of mine and had been meaning to try it out for quite some time. It did not disappoint! Amazing crabs, lobsters, shrimp, clams, oysters, etc. All freshly caught -- alive and kicking when they take them out of the tub, not docile like the ones you see in most restaurants aquariums.

There are little stands just outside the market where they will grill them right up for you over charcoal for 30 baht per kilo (I think that's the price - my TGF paid).

There is a park there where many Thais picnic so you can eat it there. Or take the food home as we did for a real feast with her friends. 

It was some of the best seafood I have ever had. Absolutely delicious. And the guys at the stand grilled it to perfection. Not too dry as is sometimes the case with grilled selfish. Moist and succulent. 

The only down side is that this place is a pain in the ass to get to. At least a 20 minutes drive from the center of town. We went with her car. But it was so damned good it would be worth it to take a taxi there. Especially if going as a group. 

I have since broken up with this girl. My only regret is not taking advantage of the fact that she has a car to make a few more visits to this wonderful place! 555

PS: If someone could explain to me how to rotate images so they don't come out sideways I would be eternally grateful. I have tried numerous methods but I can't figure it out for the life of me :( 

Thanks!

20151220_131345.jpg

20151220_131107.jpg

20151220_142755.jpg

20151220_142452.jpg

20151220_142443.jpg

20151220_142325.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, excellent venue, quality

Sent from my RAINBOW using Tapatalk

Trojan

"I wold not be in a folis paradyce."

The only down side is that this place is a pain in the ass to get to. At least a 20 minutes drive from the center of town. We went with her car. But it was so damned good it would be worth it to take a taxi there. Especially if going as a group. 

I have since broken up with this girl. My only regret is not taking advantage of the fact that she has a car to make a few more visits to this wonderful place! 555

20 minutes drive! What's your hurry? I get a baht bus from Galaxy Bar (junction of Pattaya Klang and Second Road, the old TOPS supermarket as was) to Naklua Market. Nice drive in off peak times which is anything before 4:00pm in my book. Anyway 4:00pm is beer o'clock lol.

20 minutes drive! What's your hurry? I get a baht bus from Galaxy Bar (junction of Pattaya Klang and Second Road, the old TOPS supermarket as was) to Naklua Market. Nice drive in off peak times which is anything before 4:00pm in my book. Anyway 4:00pm is beer o'clock lol.

Damn. I wish i had thought of that! I would go there every day. :)

It's different when someone drives you. You lose all track of time/space. 

Yes amazing place. Some inspirational photos for eating. :hello09:

P1070372.JPG

P1070373.JPG

P1070374.JPG

P1070375.JPG

P1070376.JPG

P1070377.JPG

P1070378.JPG

P1070379.JPG

P1070380.JPG

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Great pics.

Now I am kicking myself I did not go back there at least one more time....

Next time! Great idea to open a thread about it, i had visited the place at least 5 times before i realized i could let it barbecue it there , i love that place! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry mate but as said above its really easy to get to from Second Rd , but if there's a few of you rent a bus for 200

Last time I was there I bought way way too much food. Even though I was feeding 5 bargirls (who are like black holes when it comes to this stuff) and myself, I still had half of it left when the last one gave up.

It's just too much fun to shop there. Like: "How much per kg again? Hell, give me a bag full. Oh, and that huge-ass fish looks tasty. WTF is that thing over there?" And so on...

"WTF is that thing over there -- gimme of those".

Exactly how I felt when I was over there. Need get them to BBQ one of those manta rays next time. 555  

Need get them to BBQ one of those manta rays next time. 555  

You evil man :P

That's the tough part about going there. I mean, I'm a diver, and some of the stuff they have, I'd rather they didn't take out of the sea to begin with. Not so much for sentimental reasons, but because once a population gets small enough, you should leave it alone until it recovers and starts giving good yields again, or you risk losing it forever. I'm rather pragmatic about the whole thing, though, because I like to eat fish and fishermen have to feed their families.

Luckily, I doubt you'll ever find a giant manta there. That would make me really sad.

Or did you mean the stingrays they have there? (Like in picture 3 from THAJEC.) Those are relatively plentiful, eat those all you want. I've heard they taste terrible, though, so come back here with feedback if you do eat one.

What is the best time to arrive at the market?

Went there via baht bus a couple years ago with a LK Metro gogo dancer, spent a little over 1000 baht and had everything grilled up there. Took the food back to her room on Soi Chaiyapoon and had a feast with her friends/sisters....one of my favorite memories from Patts

I stay just about 150 metres from the market, and regularly use it.

Its on the baht bus routes, best place to catch bus is second road were central Road crosses, opposite the big tobacco store on the corner, otherwise you ask drive if he's going Naklua before you board, the end of the route is right outside the market, so no need to worry about missing it.

447011dfdcf2072bc50c1112ae71ed26.jpg

Cooking done here

ab37c71460b7ff5d89466f055d972c84.jpg

You can get all kinds of seafood from any of the vendors and they will barbecue for you, prices vary depending on the stuff you want cooking, but it isn't expensive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What is the best time to arrive at the market?

It opens very early, probably about 5-6am and finishes early evening 7-8pm ish, anytime in between is good, less popular stuff may sell out, but the main stuff is always plentiful.

Its on the baht bus routes, best place to catch bus is second road were central Road crosses, opposite the big tobacco store on the corner

Or the baht buses who sit on the corner of 2nd Road and Pattaya Tai.

I hate sitting waiting for one of these to fill up, but they will go all the way to Naklua, and you will get there for 10 baht.

That's the one I mean, I just get a beer and pick my time

Is this the place? Opposite the two roads that join in a V? In the front car park or the carpark near the water?

image.png

Yeah that's the place next to the car park opposite the V.

42253c1dabe6b61d2e3313ebbfdf6f32.jpg

"B" marks the place

e53d6841fbcb3707ce9ccc6471cea420.jpg

First time I've noticed this sign, so went and had a look, its at the head of the second car park.

6d050f90663542993530f76d9f5a91ec.jpg

That's the place looks like it was finished for the day (5pm) 50 baht starting is a bit expensive but the free salad and fruit may make up for it.

First time I've noticed this sign, so went and had a look, its at the head of the second car park.

That is a long standing Naklua Seafood Restaurant.

Sign is new to me also, I guess they have lost a lot of trade the last few years, with these cooking stalls springing up around them.

Archived