IGNORED

Long term accomodation ( connondrum) thoughts please.

Bear 181

Hi members.

I'm looking at becoming redundant quite soon from my job of 31 years.

I plan to spend a fair bit of time in Pattaya.

Money will be tight for what I wish to do.

I'm a golfer and this is not cheap I know.

Looking at spending a couple of 3 month stints over there, in the next year just to see how I might

Handle living on the quiet side .

I've been here many times and 2 months is my longest time.

Staying in a bit of comfort at around 1000 baht a night accomodation.

I'm looking at renting a condo for 12 months in central Pattaya just so I can leave my things in one place.

Looking I can see places at between 7 and 15 thousand a month which is do able either way , the less the better.

One can't book short term accomodation on booking sites for any more than a month, so going that way is

Beyond me. If anyone knows a way please help out. Say 3 months I can pack my gear and travel.

So if any of you wise fellas can help with giving me tips on places with contact info for either way I could go I'd appreciate it.

Remember 12 months or 3 months either way is fine.

Thanks again.

Lots of options depending on how 'Central' you want to be.

Anywhere on a baht bus route?

Only between Central Rd and Beach Rd?

Happy to rent a scooter? If so, further out OK?

You'll have more cheaper options outside the very centre.

Would you consider a guesthouse or do you want to stick to a Condo?

Do you want a pool? Do you need good wi-fi?

Sorry. Lots of questions :-)

I'll post some links a but later once I find my lists on my iPad.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

In the small soi that  runs from Buffalo bar on third road to Soi Bongkot there are quite a few places in the 10000 a month range. Quiet at night but close to Soi Lengkee etc.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

One option would be search to Airbnb. Put in dates covering a whole month and then contact the owners/agents and ask what discounts would be available for a 12 month let. They will probably point you to other possibilities too.

You can also look at: http://www.benchmarkthailand.com/

I'm currently a big View Talay 6 fan; mostly because of the location and also it feels less like a hotel or guest house because the condos generally have regular kitchens, etc.  I've had good experiences with Cando Property (offices there in the building).  Rune (Andy) is great and has a very helpful and professional staff.

Your situation brings to mind a little strategy that I thought of trying out when I am ever fortunate enough to simply stay in Pattaya for an extended length of time.  The idea is to compose a list of contacts for agents that rent/manage condos (like Cando, Honey's, Dreamwatchers, etc.) and contact them close to the time you need a place looking for discounted pricing on available time slots that may otherwise go unfilled; like deep discounted air fares.  I doubt you could stay more than a couple of months in any one spot, but it might be interesting and you might get to stay in some really nice places very cheap.  Limiting your belongings and establishing a trustworthy reputation with the agents would be a big plus.  Anyway, just a thought.

Cheers,

Thomas

On you budget I would look for a guest house that will store your stuff when your not around.

That will actually increase your nightly budget as you wont be paying for the times your not there.

I stay for around 4 to 7 months per calendar year and do so at a hotel, what I pay per night, although relatively high, is just though for when I am there.

Worth a thought maybe

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Archived