IGNORED

Eitihad V Emirates out of Dublin

curiousguy2015

And today i booked my accommodation through Agodo but what i did not know was i could get Etihad Guest

Miles with them to further help me to accumulate my Etihad mileage another great bonus from an excellent 

airline.   

You can also turn HSBC Reward-points, which I get for my HSBC-MasterCard, into Etihad-Guest-miles  (2 HSBC RPs = 1 Etihad GM)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best Economy flight I have used was Thai Airways from Manchester to Bangkok. 2 hour layover in Copenhagen.

Food ok. Seats ok (although my flight was half empty so I had 4 seats to lay across for the entire flight :) ) transition in Copenhagen smooth. IFE brilliant.

Also there is a Thai Airways office on beach road so if you decide to extend your trip to Pattaya you can just stroll down to their office and pay a 2800b fee to extend your return date. I done this 3 times as I couldn't manage to peel myself away from Pattaya. Very convenient though.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked yesterday for late May with Finnair, 517 euro. Think that is the cheapest I have ever paid from Dublin.

Booked yesterday for late May with Finnair, 517 euro. Think that is the cheapest I have ever paid from Dublin.

I looked at them for my trip in March and they were more expensive than emirates or etihad,but i read they are increasing their flights out of Dublin in the summer to try and compete with the middles eastern airlines for the Asian routes as they have the shortest times due to them flying over the arctic circle,ill be keeping an eye on them for the future as ive only heard good things about them.

I looked at them for my trip in March and they were more expensive than emirates or etihad,but i read they are increasing their flights out of Dublin in the summer to try and compete with the middles eastern airlines for the Asian routes as they have the shortest times due to them flying over the arctic circle,ill be keeping an eye on them for the future as ive only heard good things about them.

Yeah the travelling time is pretty good. Last trip I used Etihad out of Dublin and I thought their planes were getting pretty run down tbh. Loads of people complaining their IFE wasn't working plus I had to literally run to catch my connection because it took them ages to bus us into the terminal. KLM has actually been my favourite choice the last few years but coming home you don;t get into Dublin until 22.00 and then I have to get a bus to Belfast.

Looking forward to using Finnair. My mate is doing the same journey in a fortnight so hopefully will get a good report back!

Yeah the travelling time is pretty good. Last trip I used Etihad out of Dublin and I thought their planes were getting pretty run down tbh. Loads of people complaining their IFE wasn't working plus I had to literally run to catch my connection because it took them ages to bus us into the terminal. KLM has actually been my favourite choice the last few years but coming home you don;t get into Dublin until 22.00 and then I have to get a bus to Belfast.

Looking forward to using Finnair. My mate is doing the same journey in a fortnight so hopefully will get a good report back!

At the moment we have KLM,Emirates,Etihad,BA,Fiinair,all flying out of Dublin and Qatar starting in June so great for us as they will all be competing with each other,there was rumours last year that Norwegian Air were going to start a direct flight from Dublin to Bangkok but ive heard nothing about it since.

I fly Etihad as the flight times and short connection times suit me, didn't know about the lounge access in Dublin being removed for silver tier as it was a real good perk, although you still get 10kg extra baggage and can check in using the business class queue or lack thereof. You can still use the lounge in Abu Dhabi although it's usually busy. Paid €750 return last week for a flight in March, cheaper with Emirates but flight times didn't suit me and I've no air miles built up with them, 

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I tried to get decent flight times and prices stopping over for a few days in Abu Dhabi but it was a disaster, more expensive, more awkward, more stopovers going back(Via Edinburgh for some reason) so in the end I gave up and will save the 400 euro I would have spent on hotels in Abu Dhabi in LOS instead.

Finnair is fine,no frills but does the job,only been once with them mind,flights were punctual,Helsinki airport is easy to navigate,on board everything was standard,ok for me but im not a whinger!

I fly Etihad as the flight times and short connection times suit me, didn't know about the lounge access in Dublin being removed for silver tier as it was a real good perk, although you still get 10kg extra baggage and can check in using the business class queue or lack thereof. You can still use the lounge in Abu Dhabi although it's usually busy. Paid €750 return last week for a flight in March, cheaper with Emirates but flight times didn't suit me and I've no air miles built up with them, 

Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I tried to get decent flight times and prices stopping over for a few days in Abu Dhabi but it was a disaster, more expensive, more awkward, more stopovers going back(Via Edinburgh for some reason) so in the end I gave up and will save the 400 euro I would have spent on hotels in Abu Dhabi in LOS instead.

Cant you use the lounge in Dublin anymore?,im a silver member and had planned to use it in March 

Done both and preferred Ethihad as the transfer at Abu Dhabi is easier than Emirates at Dubai, Dubai is so busy.

Cant you use the lounge in Dublin anymore?,im a silver member and had planned to use it in March 

I had planned to use it in March too but according to this it's not available any more.

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/programme/benefits/silver/

Airport Lounge Access for Etihad Guest Silver Members is only available at Al Reem Lounge in Abu Dhabi, Belgrade Nikola Tesla International Airport at the Premium Lounge and Seychelles International Airport at the Salon Vallée De Mai Lounge.

I had planned to use it in March too but according to this it's not available any more.

http://www.etihadguest.com/en/programme/benefits/silver/

Airport Lounge Access for Etihad Guest Silver Members is only available at Al Reem Lounge in Abu Dhabi, Belgrade Nikola Tesla International Airport at the Premium Lounge and Seychelles International Airport at the Salon Vallée De Mai Lounge.

Yeah i looked that up after reading your post,its a pity because its a great lounge and the only thing id get use out of with silver membership.

It sure is very nice, but I was unaware that I could use the business class check in so at least I won't have to queue up in economy, Dublin airport's food leaves a lot to be desired but it will be early in the morning and I'll have a long day ahead of me so I'll force something down me.

It sure is very nice, but I was unaware that I could use the business class check in so at least I won't have to queue up in economy, Dublin airport's food leaves a lot to be desired but it will be early in the morning and I'll have a long day ahead of me so I'll force something down me.

I was looking forward to getting a fry in the lounge to keep me going for the day looks like now ill have to pay €20 for a shit breakfast in the airport,what dates you flying?

Yes all the benefits of flying with Etihad seem to be disappearing.  Chauffeur no longer available on all Business Class flights, now only the dearer ones, 15 minute massage in Abu Dhabi, now gone, well it is still there if you want to pay $26 for 15 minutes.  As stated above access for Silver Members to lounges which was one of the things that set Etihad apart for other airline are now practically gone.

They now fly into the older terminal 1 in Dublin as the landing charges are cheaper for them there.

Yet despite the reduction in services, the price of Business Class flights are now one of the most expensive (ex-Dublin)  when I was looking earlier this week! They were hundred more expensive than even Emirates for the period I was looking at.

Yes they've definitely gone up, when I first fly business in 2011 I got a flight for 1700 and now it's 2200 minimum and that's not even for the Airbus or new Boeings. I thought 1700 was reasonable enough as it's about a grand more than economy which would be about right but not now.

You can access the DAA lounge for about 20 euro too but it's only a continental style buffet. I fly out on the morning of the 15th, early flight 8.30am!

Qatar Airways has confirmed plans to begin flying from Dublin to Doha but has yet to say when the service will begin.

The Gulf airline’s chief executive, Akbar Al Baker, had recently said that it hoped to begin flying the route in May, depending on aircraft availability.

Qatar starts on 12th June operating their 787 Dreamliner

live the life you love, love the life you live  

Yes they've definitely gone up, when I first fly business in 2011 I got a flight for 1700 and now it's 2200 minimum and that's not even for the Airbus or new Boeings. I thought 1700 was reasonable enough as it's about a grand more than economy which would be about right but not now.

You can access the DAA lounge for about 20 euro too but it's only a continental style buffet. I fly out on the morning of the 15th, early flight 8.30am!

Flying from Manchester with Emirates business class had an email up to 15th Feb you can upgrade with points at 50% did check last week none available on my flight checked last night 34250 skyward points for my 1st March flight. I assume the same offer is available from Dublin.

Archived