IGNORED

Get Your Hotel WI-FI Fixed

jamduf

I have heard many people complain about hotel Wi-Fi being crap. I also have become tired of staying in several hotels that the Wi-Fi did not work half the time. I finally decided to make a complaint to the front desk with tact of course and they immediately sent up their on site computer geek. He was in the room about 10 minutes and had it fixed to where it worked pretty good the rest of my stay. I know there are several people who already know this. But, I wanted to let those who don't know. Or the ones like me who don't complain often and just figure it is what it is. Don't hesitate to go to front desk and say my Wi-Fi don't work too good.

Many's the time I've snuck out into the corridor and rebooted a router - works miracles.

I try not to use my tablet of phone on holiday too much except for the line group.

But if I want wifi, I go across the road to a bar and use it while having a beer.

I don't fly across the world to sit in my room and especially not to sit on a computer.

Understandable though for long term holiday trippers.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Many's the time I've snuck out into the corridor and rebooted a router - works miracles.

Sometimes, that's all it takes, the general run of the mill router is crap..I went to TOT last week to ask about improving their already installed routers and this is exactly what she told me..she advised me to go to Tuk Com and buy their product at approx' 6000 baht each. I unplug and reboot TOTs routers every day, Tuk Com here I come.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

I saw my repair guy do that to and might have to do it myself in the future. But there are camera in the hall ways too. Oh well. Not likely they will see you or care.

Sometimes, that's all it takes, the general run of the mill router is crap..

QFT.  All the consumer grade stuff is complete rubbish, I'd gladly pay decent $ for something that is easy to set up and reliable.  

I mentioned to the lass who was the TG of the bloke I rented the condo from last summer (he was away) that the wi-fi wasn't very good and the reply was:

"This is Thailand. What do you expect".

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

How is this done?

A place my brother rents, everyone complained about the shit wifi, the landlord is not a techie and says it is what it is?

Ubiquiti unifi access points are pretty good guys if you want something decent in your condos

I regularly do this also.

How is this done?

A place my brother rents, everyone complained about the shit wifi, the landlord is not a techie and says it is what it is?

Unplug the router power supply, wait about 10 seconds, plug it back in. It results in some type of improvement about 70% of the time.

I regularly do this also.

Unplug the router power supply, wait about 10 seconds, plug it back in. It results in some type of improvement about 70% of the time.

Thanks for the advice, I'll mention it to him when I next talk with him.

I try not to use my tablet of phone on holiday too much except for the line group.

But if I want wifi, I go across the road to a bar and use it while having a beer.

I don't fly across the world to sit in my room and especially not to sit on a computer.

Understandable though for long term holiday trippers.

True but I sometimes like to stream music or listen to the radio for that I need the Wi-Fi to work.

Ubiquiti unifi access points are pretty good guys if you want something decent in your condos

Good call, not super-expensive and decent reputation.

Archived