IGNORED

FA Cup 2015-16

davidge

Don't think there's a thread yet so thought I'd start one to distract myself from watching

Swansea being 2-1 down at Oxford at the moment!

No real giant-killings in Saturday. A few creditable performances.

Villa captain Micah Richards had an argument with Villa fans as he was leaving the pitch after they drew at Wycombe. West Brom got a last second equaliser at home to Bristol City. Man Utd lucky to beat Sheffield Utd thanks to a late penalty. Non-league Eastleigh unlucky to only draw with Bolton.

(Edit: forgot the scousers only drawing at Exeter on Friday night :-)Klopp didn't seem to enjoy the experience)

Oxford v Swansea live on TV here in Wales. Pretty depressing. We're losing 2-1 with 58 minutes gone. Ten changes from the last game and it shows how little depth we've got in the squad. It's now 3-1 as I type!

Defence is a shambles today. Bartley making his usual stupid challenges. Tabanou at left back is fat & useless - needs to be offloaded. Youngster at right back not ready yet. Amat hasn't played enough this year.

Gomis looks completely uninterested. Montero only plays in patches. Emnes is trying. Shelvey involved but his mind clearly isn't right. Grimes in midfield anonymous. Cork just doesn't look good enough.

Reserve keeper doing OK but looks a bit slow.

Just emphasises how important the transfer window is. We really need at least 3 signings or we could go down.

It is very worrying that when the back up players are given a chance to show what they can do, that the attitude just doesn't look right.

Edit: 65 mins now 3-2.

We could do without a replay!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swansea the first Premier League side to be knocked out of this year's FA Cup.

Losing 3-2 at League 2 Oxford.

Sums up our season so far.

Enjoyed todays game. Swansea will be happy to be out of it. Welcome to the modern FA CUP

Correction: 4 PL teams were knocked out yesterday by other PL teams. Swans first to be knocked out by lower league opposition.

Wednesday night against Sunderland much more important to us. If we don't win then it could be a very long second half of the season.

There is clearly something very wrong at the club when the attitude of so many players is so wrong.

The FA cup third round has been spoiled by the premier league scheduling a round of matches in the midweek following. It is little wonder teams are putting out weakened sides.

FA cup is almost unwatchable.  Unless you are a fan of a particular team and interested to see how the reserves and youth players are developing.

My only consolation is that Cardiff lost at home to Shrewsbury in front of the second lowest attendance since they moved to the new stadium.

A hattrick of wins for Wenger then?

................................................................................................................

Only if we lose to Barcelona

:Dream1:   :LMFAO:

................................................................................................................

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I hate to say it, but most of those League One and lower teams need to dig up their pitches and install artificial turf.  Watching games played on mud is a disgrace.  The newest manufactured turfs are damn good and just as safe as playing on grass.  

So after doing the double Hammers have a chance of knocking Liverpool out of the cup, that is, if Exeter don't get them first.

I hate to say it, but most of those League One and lower teams need to dig up their pitches and install artificial turf.  Watching games played on mud is a disgrace.  The newest manufactured turfs are damn good and just as safe as playing on grass.

They better not! Hate artificial pitches. Not the same game.

Enough money in the game to pay for decent grass pitches with proper drainage but the greedy clubs at the top would rather pay millions to agents & the FA is a bunch of useless old farts.

So after doing the double Hammers have a chance of knocking Liverpool out of the cup, that is, if Exeter don't get them first.

Bloody Arsenal home again!

Enough money in the game to pay for decent grass pitches with proper drainage but the greedy clubs at the top would rather pay millions to agents & the FA is a bunch of useless old farts.

Hopefully the same as two seasons ago...won the cup without leaving the tube map

Why should the top clubs pay for pitches for the dregs of FA?  Communist much?  I'm sure there is an oil sheikh, Chinese consortium or failure American Football owner that wants to invest in the cash cow that is League One/Two.

Watching the Leicester v Spurs replay on bbc and the advertising boards are showing air Asia flights from Singapore to pattaya.

If West Ham beat Liverpool 3 times in one season they'll get to keep them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liverpool won the milk cup 4 years running and kept that.

They had a good team back then

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Watching the Leicester v Spurs replay on bbc and the advertising boards are showing air Asia flights from Singapore to pattaya.

Spurs won 2-0 & yes the Air Asia ads proudly displaying Pattaya as a destination from Singapore, I didn't see any King Power advertising though, strange, it is their stadium.

Spurs won 2-0 & yes the Air Asia ads proudly displaying Pattaya as a destination from Singapore, I didn't see any King Power advertising though, strange, it is their stadium.

Does the FA restrict advertising similarly to the Champions League?

Does the FA restrict advertising similarly to the Champions League?

No,  the FA cup is not restricted to a limited number of brand partners - although Emirates is the main sponsor and takes pererence. All brands can advertise during any FA cup game.

Emirates paid £30m for a 3 year contract to sponsor the FA cup which runs until the 2018 winners are crowned.

• 2 weeks later...

Roll on the midweek PL games. Fa cup weekends are as bad as international weekends

Roll on the midweek PL games. Fa cup weekends are as bad as international weekends

Not for me ,as I can't take time off in the summer, it's the only time I can get to Pattaya....roll on Easter! How bad is that no league football over Easter? unheard of.

Archived