Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Holiday Inn Pattaya - Quick Review

george26

Thought I would post a quick review of my stay at the Holiday Inn Pattaya when I visited a few years back.

http://www.holidayinn-pattaya.com/

Overall the room and hotel quality were exceptional. Rooms were very bright and airy, bed very comfortable. 

Your view from the room is something you need to consider. I really wanted a room facing towards the main strip but was given one facing the opposite direction. Unfortunately they were booked and I should have requested one when I reserved mine months before. Whilst the view of the ocean was indeed beautiful, make sure you ask specifically which direction your room is facing if you want more of a city view.

The hotel felt slightly away from the action. Whilst it was only a short walk, my feeling looking back is I would have liked to experienced somewhere a bit more lively. Perhaps this was because it was my first stay, on subsequent trips I would have appreciated being in a somewhat quieter location.

It was expensive, from memory the equivalent of around USD$200 per night. In retrospective I probably didn't do enough research to find a hotel with a bit more value for money.

Nevertheless I would recommend this hotel if your are seeking a balance between peace and quiet and the louder nightlife.  In terms of room quality and views I really can't come up with many negatives.

Happy to answer any questions if they arise.

It was probably around 2012. Not sure on joiner fee sorry, never brought a girl back to my room.

~4k baht with tax in Feb.Advance Purchase

• Non-Refundable Rate
  • Deposit required
  • Must book 5 days in advance
close_btn.gif

Advance Purchase with Breakfast
  • Non-Refundable Rate
  • Deposit required
  • Breakfast included for up to 2 guests
close_btn.gif

Special savings. Advance Purchase rate includes breakfast for one or two adults sharing a room. Rate requires full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Full prepayment is charged to the credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is nonrefundable.
••• 0002.gif
IHG® Rewards Club Advance Rate with Breakfast
  • Non-Refundable Rate
  • Deposit required
  • Breakfast included for up to 2 guests
close_btn.gif

Additional Savings for IHG® Rewards Club members. Full Breakfast for up to 2 adults when sharing a room.

฿ 3,555.00 THB3555.0

฿ 600.00 THB600.0
Add Breakfast (up to 2 guests)

฿ 4,155.00 THB4155.0

Average Nightly Rate
0002.gif
IHG® Rewards Club Advance Rate

฿ 3,555.00 THB3555.0 ฿ 3,377.25 THB3377.25
Member Discount

฿ 570.00 THB570.0
Add Breakfast (up to 2 guests)

฿ 3,947.25 THB3947.25

Average Nightly Rate

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

I've stayed there 3 times and can't find any negatives. Great hotel and the rooms are great.

I would echo the sentiments of the OP about feeling a bit out of it location wise. Although on beach road you can have the feeling of being a little bit out, but each time I had a south facing room. Just open the blinds to see grey views of Pattaya and you don't feel so much out of it.

There are now 2 hotels, my advise on making a booking is to choose the hotel closer to beach road, South facing room, hight floor avaliable with a room ad close to the beach a possible

Yep well put fickle. I'll probably look for somewhere deep in the action next time. I figure if your looking for a quiet, relaxing holiday there are probably more appropriate places in Thailand :) 

• 11 months later...

No joiner fee, girl friendly. Great hotel, but very pricy considering the other options.

Stay there every year since I have not found a better mongering venue to use my points. I travel a LOT on business.

If I had to pay out of pocket there are much better deals, but if you have IHG points to use, this is worth considering.

Review with pictures from last visit.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/293385-Holiday-Inn-Pattaya---King-Suite

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

A mate stays at Holiday Inn Pattaya any time he's in town (travels a lot for work, pays with points).  He loves the place.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

Archived