IGNORED

seafood restaurant

Down Under Thunder

Hi all will be in Patts next week,can anyone recommend a good seafood restaurant cheers.

I normally zip down to jontiem down the end and on the corner as you turn a sharp Left on the same road fresh and any sort of seafood you like but it's not a classy restaurant .

The best ones I know are out of town. Cheaper to the south, cheapest (and best and freshest) to the north. You need a car to get there.

Sechuan seafood buffet restaurant 200 baht opposite soi 22 third road :GoldenSmile1:

Sechuan seafood buffet restaurant 200 baht opposite soi 22 third road

I cant work out where you mean by this as there are quite a lot of these places dotted here and there along that road. Which section of 3rd Road is it in?

Is it really Sechuan style? I find that most places here aren't, even if they say they are.

Mum Talay at the very north end of Naklua, has excellent food, but don't go in the weekend, too crowded. Also, service can be poor if they are busy.

20 km south of Pattaya, in Bang Saray, several excellent restaurants on piers overhanging the sea. The very last one, Ruan Ralay, in my view is the best, but the first one just before you get to the temple , on Beach Rd, is also excellent.

Worth a trip out.

I cant work out where you mean by this as there are quite a lot of these places dotted here and there along that road. Which section of 3rd Road is it in?

Is it really Sechuan style? I find that most places here aren't, even if they say they are.,

Just past The Village walking down to Pattaya tai  on the opposite side of the road,Sechuan is the name of the place not the style of cooking :GoldenSmile1:

Just past The Village walking down to Pattaya tai  on the opposite side of the road,Sechuan is the name of the place not the style of cooking

I've never been to that one. I'll try it.

Mum Talay at the very north end of Naklua, has excellent food, but don't go in the weekend, too crowded. Also, service can be poor if they are busy.

20 km south of Pattaya, in Bang Saray, several excellent restaurants on piers overhanging the sea. The very last one, Ruan Ralay, in my view is the best, but the first one just before you get to the temple , on Beach Rd, is also excellent.

Worth a trip out.

Mum Talay or Mum Aroi?

I've never been to that one. I'll try it.

Please report back.

As another said Mum Aroi in Naklua is good. There's many good seafood places. You're question is a little vague. Are you looking  for high end, a nice view, good value, romantic, great service? Marine seafood off WS is good value (for that area) plus you get to see what you get beforehand. 

As another said Mum Aroi in Naklua is good. There's many good seafood places. You're question is a little vague. Are you looking for high end, a nice view, good value, romantic, great service? Marine seafood off WS is good value (for that area) plus you get to see what you get beforehand.

No good seafood places on WS. Many outside Pattaya, just a matter of asking around.

My personal fav is Preecha Seafood. Anyone saying WS is offering good value for pussy or seafood is a newbie idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daryle

As another said Mum Aroi in Naklua is good. There's many good seafood places. You're question is a little vague. Are you looking  for high end, a nice view, good value, romantic, great service? Marine seafood off WS is good value (for that area) plus you get to see what you get beforehand. 

No good seafood places on WS. Many outside Pattaya, just a matter of asking around.

My personal fav is Preecha Seafood. Anyone saying WS is offering good value for pussy or seafood is a newbie idiot.

That's not true at all. Just because something is overpriced does not mean it's not good. I've had great Seafood meals there....especially the place next door to Simon Complex.

Again...not true at all. Firstly, I wrote Marine Seafood is good value FOR THAT AREA...apparently you missed that part. Secondly, I've taken many ladies from disco's and Simon Complex on WS for 1000 to 1500 LT. 

That's not true at all. Just because something is overpriced does not mean it's not good. I've had great Seafood meals there....especially the place next door to Simon Complex.

Again...not true at all. Firstly, I wrote Marine Seafood is good value FOR THAT AREA...apparently you missed that part. Secondly, I've taken many ladies from disco's and Simon Complex for 1000 to 1500 LT. What's your definition of good value?

My definition of good seafood is taken from a tank and cooked in the style you Desire. Can't say I can find the same freshness or quality of crabs, fish or shrimp on WS. Marine is a long way behind Preecha. Give it a try and you will know why I posted as I did.

Daryle

My definition of good seafood is taken from a tank and cooked in the style you desire. Can't say I can find the same freshness or quality of crabs, fish or shrimp on WS. Marine is a long way behind Preecha. Give it a try and you will know why I posted as I did.

Fair enough. Haven't tried Preecha as it's farther South than I usually go but I hope to try it. Looks popular on FB

Agree, Leng Kee is very good for everything- Tom Yung, curries, and seafood.

Location is Central Road, close to Soi Buakhao

The absolute best (and probably cheapest) option is go to the Naklua Fish Market (Lan Pho Market). See the thread I just started for details and pics. :))

The absolute best (and probably cheapest) option is go to the Naklua Fish Market (Lan Pho Market). See the thread I just started for details and pics. :))

It should, but never does seem to work out cheaper, than going to a nearby restaurant.

It should, but never does seem to work out cheaper, than going to a nearby restaurant.

Yes its just to tempting to buy up everything in sight. And you en up with so much food! 555

I think we spent like 2K (she was buying). But we bought food for 6 people.  And I absolutely gorged on lobsers and shrimp.. 

• 3 weeks later...

I normally zip down to jontiem down the end and on the corner as you turn a sharp Left on the same road fresh and any sort of seafood you like but it's not a classy restaurant .

I really like that seafood restaurant AT The far end of beach road in jomtien to . Go as far as you can on jomtien beachroad as it turné left an ending . Good food at reasonable price just by the sea. One of my favourite seafood restaurant, and there are 2-3 more seafood restaurant just next to it that i heard really good rewiews about to.

Archived