IGNORED

New British Safe Drinking Guidelines.....5 Pints a week max

Harvey707

There you go Boys 5 Pints maximum a Week is the limit.   So when you're on the piss tonight remember you cant drink for the next 6 days in Pattaya.......Tough life !!

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2016/jan/08/how-do-the-uks-new-alcohol-guidelines-compare-with-the-rest-of-the-worlds

To me they make the limit so low that nobody in reality can take notice of it.....??

I often thought the guidelines were unrealistic,but 5 pints is just laughable,many blokes have double that and more on just one night out,never mind the rest of the week.You`re right,nobody will take notice of this nonesense,but the breweries must be cursing when they hear stuff like this!

Is this just a scare monger tactic getting ready to make an increase in alcohol duty more palatable to the public,what do you think?

So these guidelines are recommended by an arm of the NHS to the British Parliament.

If you have been in a UK Hospital, or seen the British Parliament on TV, recently, you will realise that the workers in these places are hardly shining examples of human healthiness.    :NoNo3:

I for one will be ignoring this latest recommendation, as I have all the other public mutterings about too much Sugar, Salt, Red Meat, Dairy Products, Chocolate, or whatever else they should choose to fixate on.

My advice... Get a life and enjoy yourself.

:Party3:

There you go Boys 5 Pints maximum a Week is the limit.   So when you're on the piss tonight remember you cant drink for the next 6 days in Pattaya.......Tough life !!

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2016/jan/08/how-do-the-uks-new-alcohol-guidelines-compare-with-the-rest-of-the-worlds

To me they make the limit so low that nobody in reality can take notice of it.....??

It said 7 on the news I was listening to so obviously they don't really know what they are talking about

It said 7 on the news I was listening to so obviously they don't really know what they are talking about

Yes i saw the same news it seems,on the local news it said 5 though,dont think the idiots bloody well know themselves!

Is this just a scare monger tactic getting ready to make an increase in alcohol duty more palatable to the public,what do you think?

Probably will get used as an excuse to raise some tax money to help save the NHS, the same NHS that has been undermined by huge increases in incompetent wasteful middle management jobs for Labour / Blair cronies (and Tories too) and from not investing in services and encouraging private companies through the backdoor and a failure to invest in youth for nursing and increased fees to study to be a doctor, meaning a reliance on agencies and foreign help.

If the weasels in power see any opportunity to sanctimoniously target the working man and woman to achieve some kudos they will, despite:

Recent figures show it’s middle-class professional women aged 45-64 who are now drinking the most. The report by the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development reveals that women in the UK are twice as likely to be problem drinkers if they have a good education

Yes i saw the same news it seems,on the local news it said 5 though,dont think the idiots bloody well know themselves!

I will drink what I want when I want.

I hardly drink in UK anymore, always working.

I don't even go mad in Thailand anymore, normally too tired from working too much lol

How are you expected to drive if you can't drink more than five pints?

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Archived