IGNORED

Retirement Visa. Lease doc.

Billyboy294

A friend went to renew his Retirement Visa this morning and he was sent away to get a copy of his Lease Document. He had his Electric Bill with his name and address but that was not accepted.

While he said he only had to wait about 10 minutes to see the Officer for some reason he was told to come back in 2 days to pick up his passport. He seemed to think they were doing extra checking. Perhaps checking for terrorists.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

The guy i helped was not asked for a lease agreement or  proof of where he was living just depends on who you see i guess

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Well it is just as well to be prepared  just in case they asked for the lease document.

Actually the same thing happened to me about 3 years ago and i had to go back to Pattaya to get a lease document. Luckily i have a computer and a printer so i made one .

For the last 2 years i was not asked but had it just in case. I think i showed them an electric bill.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

• 4 weeks later...

I have my lease document from the UK. I'll soon have three months income showing on my UK bank statement. What elese do I need and anyone here can help me sort out a retirement visa?

Thanks

I have my lease document from the UK. I'll soon have three months income showing on my UK bank statement. What elese do I need and anyone here can help me sort out a retirement visa?

Thanks

Don't want to 'muddy the waters' here, but what do you mean by "lease document from the UK"?

This is about the Lease for where you live in Pattaya/Thailand right?

As for UK income in UK bank............

Do you mean you're applying for a Retirement Visa in UK before you come?

As I understand it, the concern is not only about being asked for a Lease document, but that if they chose to follow that path absolutely, they can also ask to see a copy of the Landlord's ID and the Blue Book for the property.

Furthermore, the Landlord would effectively need to be a Thai, unless a farang landlord had a Work Permit allowing him to let the property.

That seems to be the hare set running on Thaivisa and suggested here in Jerry's Tourist Visa Extension thread.

It may never happen, but those renting from farang should watch the forums for any word that it does.

Don't want to 'muddy the waters' here, but what do you mean by "lease document from the UK"?

This is about the Lease for where you live in Pattaya/Thailand right?

As for UK income in UK bank............

Do you mean you're applying for a Retirement Visa in UK before you come?

Hi, Just saw your reply.

I have an apartment in London that is rented out. I have with me, the rental agreement. I have an income of 120,000Baht/month showing in my UK bank account for the past two months, soon to be three. Im now in Pattaya.

Thanks

Hi, Just saw your reply.

I apartment in London is rented out. I have with me the rental agreement. I have an income of 120,000Baht/month showing in my UK bank account for the past two months, soon to be three. Im now in Pattaya.

Thanks

OK, so you're talking about proof of income for the purpose of applying for an Extension of Stay (Retirement) and you're already on an O Visa?

OK, so you're talking about proof of income for the purpose of applying for an Extension of Stay (Retirement) and you're already on an O Visa?

Yes.

I need a hand if anyone is willing to get a retirement visa, without having to go to some "establishments".

Thanks

Yes.

I need a hand if anyone is willing to get a retirement visa, without having to go to some "establishments".

Thanks

If you qualify then there shouldn't be any need to use an agent - the application itself is very straightforward and there are several good threads here and on Thaivisa.

I only have experience of the Cash in Bank and Income Verification using Pension letters, so income from letting may be more complicated.

You will need to get a Letter of Verification which you can now do online here  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

I suggest that you start by having a practice run at that.

Although you're not going the Bank route, I think they will still expect to see a Thai bank account showing income being t/f in - not sure.

Archived