IGNORED

Bite Me Bistro--Best New Place in Town

expatdude

+1..........I pass by daily and before I saw it touted on here I would never have guessed it was a sit down restaurant.....no room for tables/chairs on the outside :Think1:

It's 3rd Road, which is pretty noisy. So the restaurant was extended, and the dining part filled with greenery to give an 'outside-in' feel. The terrace is pretty small now, but there will be a small table or two for desperate smokers

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check out the new dishes on the a la carte added today at https://FB.com/BitePattaya- including (photos)

Slow-cooked Aromatic Lamb served with roast vegetables, mashed potatoes and red wine jus, only 360 baht before discount, 324 baht for Addicts members. A new starter too - Sage and Chicken Scotch Egg wrapped in bacon with a nutmeg and tomato mayo - 150 baht, 135 baht to members.

10% discount for members on all a la carte dishes

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Inspired by reviews on FB and some of the Pattaya boards, a friend and I ate dinner last night at Bite Me Bisto.  

Untitled-56.jpg

I agree with what others have said. Bite Me Bistro is a welcome addition to the Pattaya food scene. In terms of flavor, seasoning, freshness of ingredients, preparation and presentation, BMB is punching way above its weight class for such a modestly priced restaurant. I've had much less expertly prepared food at far higher prices in Pattaya.

Bottom line: Both my friend and I thought it was one of the better meals we've had in Pattaya in the 450-550 baht range (two courses and a bottle of beer). The owner, Ewan from Scotland, is very friendly and more than happy to talk about his plans for BMB. He has wisely chosen a limited menu (four starters, eight mains and three desserts) that he plans to change frequently.

Bruschetta and seared tuna are both favs of mine and that's what I had.  The bruschetta was excellent; thin slices of grilled bread topped with tomatoes and roasted eggplant and onions. It had a subtle hint of herbs which I liked. But it has to mentioned that this isn't the chopped tomato bruschetta with which many people are familiar. It was a touch heavy on the olive oil for my taste, but nothing serious. I would also have preferred slightly thicker bread as the base, but focaccia, the type of bread most often associated with bruschetta, comes in many forms. In all, the bruschetta was reasonable at 150 baht.

IMG_6533A.jpg

post-9139-0-95192900-1452227123.jpg 

post-9139-0-12053000-1452227091.jpg 

The sesame seared rare tuna was my "main dish," although I took it in starter size at 195 baht. Fresh, high-qaulity fish on a salad of pickled vegetables with ponzu dressing. Ponzu is a Japanese citrus-and vinager-based sauce that perfectly complements (but doesn't overwhelm) the flavor of the tuna.

post-9139-0-58969700-1452226917.jpg 

IMG_6544A.jpg

post-9139-0-07875300-1452227221.jpg

post-9139-0-35338200-1452227701.jpg

My friend had the sea bass fillet with white wine dill sauce and Mediterranean vegetables. He eats a lot of fish in Pattaya and really enjoyed that it was poached and not fried. It cost 290 baht for a substantial slice of fish.

post-9139-0-18802100-1452226968.jpg 

post-9139-0-28582300-1452227180.jpg

He also had the strawberry shortbread dessert and enjoyed it very much. He gave me a little piece and it was indeed good. It cost 120 baht.

post-9139-0-88692200-1452228105.jpg 

post-9139-0-89305700-1452228108.jpg 

post-9139-0-37312200-1452228116.jpg

I didn't have dessert but contented myself with an excellent glass (not cup) of coffee latte.

post-9139-0-47982200-1452228166.jpg 

I'll definitely be back to try more of the main courses, with the Moroccan lamb skewers and the New York strip steak at the top of the list. A big    thumbup.gif and   clap1.gif from me.  

One point to note: BMB has six tables that seat four each, so I imagine it could fill up at times.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

At last today a board has appeared outside with some "tempting specials" on,lets hope it will attract enough customers to be a profitable venture.....it will take time IMHO as not a lot of tourists pass by the location :GoldenSmile1:

At last today a board has appeared outside with some "tempting specials" on,lets hope it will attract enough customers to be a profitable venture.....it will take time IMHO as not a lot of tourists pass by the location :GoldenSmile1:

The buzz on FB and the punter boards has been very favorable for a restaurant that has been open less than a week.  That should help some.  And the location is convenient for anyone staying in the LK Metro area.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

The food looks awesome, but the signage is horrible. 

Glad I saw this thread. I''ll check  it out this weekend.

At last today a board has appeared outside with some "tempting specials" on, lets hope it will attract enough customers to be a profitable venture.....it will take time IMHO as not a lot of tourists pass by the location :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks - the board is up and lists the set menu served between 1pm and 6pm. Though tourists are a bonus, the main target has always been expats of all nationalities - the reason behind what we hope are competitive prices :)

It's not just a bistro, we are also building a production kitchen for events, and will be supplying vac-packed 'take-out' dishes. Bite Me Lamb Shank, Bite Me Bourguignon, Bite Me Hot Pot, you get the idea. Single portions, or up to 5kg quantities. Gourmet foods at sensible prices. 2 minutes to prepare at home, fine dining quality. Will post here when we're ready to roll.

Brian some like the name, some hate it. Some like the cartoon pic, some don't. But at least it's hard to forget!

Thanks again for the helpful comments.

WINES (Table)

● Red (Merlot) 150ml glass 120 baht, carafe 360 baht 

● White (Chardonnay) 150ml glass 120 baht, carafe 360 baht

WINES (House)

● Milestone (Red, Australian Shiraz) 890 baht 

● Malbec (Red, Argentina Syrah) 910 baht 

● Antares (White, Chilean Sauvignon Blanc) 990 baht 

● Val Dobbiadene (Sparkling, Prosecco) 1250 baht

There's a selection of premium wines too, but without silly markups.

Great review Evil, thank you... looks great!

Had an opportunity to try Biteme tonight, and let me say, it did not disappoint.

Had the seared tuna (main dish, not appetizer) and my gf had sea bass filet and both were excellent. The service was also accurate and friendly.

Seared tuna was very tasty and my gf’s sea bass filet will be my next meal as it tasted delicious (some of the best mashed potatoes I’ve ever had) …

What a great dining experience we had this evening, (very comfortable ambience) and it was nice to meet the chef who took the time to introduce himself and ask how everything was at the ending of our meal.

Discount was honored and if I remember correctly the bill was a whopping 665 baht, which included a coke and bottle water…incredible value. We will be back…

I'm glad so many others agree this place is an exciting new addition to our food scene.

I'd like to say that I think the 'lunch special,' or whatever it's called, misses the mark. So much food in the middle of the afternoon, I would never consider it even at a much lower price.

To me a great lunch special would be around 200 baht with no fancy ingredients--maybe a nice little salad, a small chicken dish and some other small trifle. Something I could eat often.

I'm not saying drop the big one, but maybe one 'gourmet' special and a lighter one more for everyday eating.

I'm glad so many others agree this place is an exciting new addition to our food scene.

I'd like to say that I think the 'lunch special,' or whatever it's called, misses the mark. So much food in the middle of the afternoon, I would never consider it even at a much lower price.

To me a great lunch special would be around 200 baht with no fancy ingredients--maybe a nice little salad, a small chicken dish and some other small trifle. Something I could eat often.

I'm not saying drop the big one, but maybe one 'gourmet' special and a lighter one more for everyday eating.

Thanks expatdude, as well as the set menu that runs into early evening, a dish from the main menu is put on as a special dish every day but maybe even that can be a bit rich and heavy for some. Will think about it :)

One point to note: BMB has six tables that seat four each, so I imagine it could fill up at times.

Evil

Thanks for the great review Evil.

We are still doing some building work up on the mezzanine, very soon there will be another bathroom up there as well as a table for 8 to 10 customers

Ten of us had lunch here on wed. Everyone was quiet pleased with this new venture. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Ewen is a wonderful host and all the gang will be back there again. The coffee and deserts capped a great afternoon. Thanks ewen and peter

Inspired by reviews on FB and some of the Pattaya boards, a friend and I ate dinner last night at Bite Me Bisto.  

attachicon.gifUntitled-56.jpg

I agree with what others have said. Bite Me Bistro is a welcome addition to the Pattaya food scene. In terms of flavor, seasoning, freshness of ingredients, preparation and presentation, BMB is punching way above its weight class for such a modestly priced restaurant. I've had much less expertly prepared food at far higher prices in Pattaya.

Bottom line: Both my friend and I thought it was one of the better meals we've had in Pattaya in the 450-550 baht range (two courses and a bottle of beer). The owner, Ewan from Scotland, is very friendly and more than happy to talk about his plans for BMB. He has wisely chosen a limited menu (four starters, eight mains and three desserts) that he plans to change frequently.

Bruschetta and seared tuna are both favs of mine and that's what I had.  The bruschetta was excellent; thin slices of grilled bread topped with tomatoes and roasted eggplant and onions. It had a subtle hint of herbs which I liked. But it has to mentioned that this isn't the chopped tomato bruschetta with which many people are familiar. It was a touch heavy on the olive oil for my taste, but nothing serious. I would also have preferred slightly thicker bread as the base, but focaccia, the type of bread most often associated with bruschetta, comes in many forms. In all, the bruschetta was reasonable at 150 baht.

attachicon.gifIMG_6533A.jpg

post-9139-0-95192900-1452227123.jpg 

post-9139-0-12053000-1452227091.jpg 

The sesame seared rare tuna was my "main dish," although I took it in starter size at 195 baht. Fresh, high-qaulity fish on a salad of pickled vegetables with ponzu dressing. Ponzu is a Japanese citrus-and vinager-based sauce that perfectly complements (but doesn't overwhelm) the flavor of the tuna.

post-9139-0-58969700-1452226917.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_6544A.jpg

post-9139-0-07875300-1452227221.jpg

post-9139-0-35338200-1452227701.jpg

My friend had the sea bass fillet with white wine dill sauce and Mediterranean vegetables. He eats a lot of fish in Pattaya and really enjoyed that it was poached and not fried. It cost 290 baht for a substantial slice of fish.

post-9139-0-18802100-1452226968.jpg 

post-9139-0-28582300-1452227180.jpg

He also had the strawberry shortbread dessert and enjoyed it very much. He gave me a little piece and it was indeed good. It cost 120 baht.

post-9139-0-88692200-1452228105.jpg 

post-9139-0-89305700-1452228108.jpg 

post-9139-0-37312200-1452228116.jpg

I didn't have dessert but contented myself with an excellent glass (not cup) of coffee latte.

post-9139-0-47982200-1452228166.jpg 

I'll definitely be back to try more of the main courses, with the Moroccan lamb skewers and the New York strip steak at the top of the list. A big    thumbup.gif and   clap1.gif from me.  

Evil

Now that we Evil has given his "Stamp of Approval"; I'm sure this place is top notch.

Definitely going to eat here during my upcoming February trip.

Thanks Evil.

---------------------------------

See you sometime, second week of February - BiteMeBistro !

--------------------------------

By the way how do we identify ourselves as 'Addicts'? 

I do not have a "Addict" ID card.

WOW. This is something for me,  kitchen that has so few items on the menu can not go wrong. looking forward to try BMB in my next holliday.

always spend a month on soi lenkee.   Pakbungloyfah and BMB at the end off lenkee, lucky me

It's *Tuna Tuesday* at Bite Me Bistro today!

Come and try the main version of this dish at just 290 baht (usually 390 baht) between 1pm and 11pm!

(Photo is of the 'small' tuna starter at 195 baht)

Bite Me Bistro is on 3rd Road, about 30m from soi Lengkee. You can contact us on 09 23456 385

All members of Addicts get a 10% discount on a la carte menu prices)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hello, Bite Me Bistro.

I noticed on your Facebook page that Tuna Tuesday there stops at 4 p.m.

So is the promotion different for the forum here or has there been an error in one of the postings?

Thanks. 

From facebook:

It's *Tuna Tuesday* once more at Bite Me Bistro!
Come and try the main version of this dish at just 290 baht (usually 390 baht) between 1pm and 4pm today!
(Photo is of the 'small' tuna starter at 195 baht)

Hello, Bite Me Bistro.

I noticed on your Facebook page that Tuna Tuesday there stops at 4 p.m.

So is the promotion different for the forum here or has there been an error in one of the postings?

Thanks. 

From facebook:

It's *Tuna Tuesday* once more at Bite Me Bistro![/size]Come and try the main version of this dish at just 290 baht (usually 390 baht) between 1pm and 4pm today![/size](Photo is of the 'small' tuna starter at 195 baht)[/size]

Sorry about that, the tuna is served right through to 10pm when we close, error on the FB page :)

It's *Tuna Tuesday* at Bite Me Bistro today!

Just curious (and tell me to FO if you want) but where do you get Tuna from in Pattaya ?

Archived