IGNORED

paying for a stop over on a cheap ticket

princeofwales

I have a ticket london -vienna-bkk-brisbane

Its on austrian air who code share with thai

The last leg of the flight is thai air bkk to brisbane

I would like stop over in bkk

Is it possible to talk to thai air and extend the ticket a few days so i can have some time in pattaya

The ticket was bought from sky scanner and was quite cheap

My bags will be on the plane the stopp over in bkk is a hellish 8 hours if i cant change the ticket

Can always forfit the last flight and buy a new one as a last resort bit last minute one way tickets are expensive

Any advice?

Your bags will be checked through to your final destination. No airline will short-check bags for any reason. Of course you can skip the final segment but your bags will continue to BNE.  Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask TG but I know the answer.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it

helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but

at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Answering the question as you have phrased it, the answer is a big fat NO.

You bought the ticket off Skyscanner,but you dont say through which agent. If you contact the agent,(note agent, not the carrier, and not Skyscanner) you might be able to get yourself transfered onto a different flight for part of the journey or at least the last leg.

If (note if) the agent agrees to do this,it will almost certainly incur charges on your part. Because in effect they would have to book you on to a totally different flight than the one they have already sold to you.

You should also be aware that any flight you do get booked onto will have your luggage checked directly through to your FINAL destination.

Your bags will be checked through to your final destination. No airline will short-check bags for any reason. Of course you can skip the final segment but your bags will continue to BNE.  Guess it wouldn't hurt to ask TG but I know the answer.

No if you don't turn up for the flight they will take your bags off the plane in BKK. There no way that would / should let bags fly the next leg if the passenger did not show for the flight. I don't know what the process for reclaiming them would be though.

As Dale said, contact the AGENT you booked with - whoever they may be!

Chances are they'll say no, or want to charge you.

If you're willing to risk having to pay for a one-way flight, the only other chance would be to ask at check-in if they can only route your bags to BKK (say you now have to go there for some reason) and if they agree then go straight to the Thai desk at Swampy and see if they'll let you use the ticket at a later date.

Big risk, but up to you.

I wouldn't just not turn up for the flight and have bags off-loaded as it could give you problems.

I'm not even sure they'd let you use the return ticket - depending on the fare conditions.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Agent is webjet

I will try them first and see what they say

I remember i once changed the date on thai air for $75 but i did book direct with them

You need to check the terms & conditions of the ticket you bought, whether any changes are permitted & how much it will cost

Because you bought through a 3rd party rather than direct with the airline, you will need to speak to the 3rd party, not the airline.

Webjet aren't a well-known dodgy agent, but a quick check on the TA Air forum shows plenty of complaints

Yes its owned by the same guy that had air australia and went bust

Im not hopefull

I think my best bet would be to terminate my ticket at bkk and buy a single to brisbane a few days later

I would discuss both options with your agent, as both will virtually certainly incur charges I'd imagine.

No if you don't turn up for the flight they will take your bags off the plane in BKK. There no way that would / should let bags fly the next leg if the passenger did not show for the flight. I don't know what the process for reclaiming them would be though.

You didn't understand my reply,judging by your response.I never said the bags would fly without the passenger. I said they would be checked to the final,ticketed destination-BIG DIFFERENCE! Yes,what I said is indeed correct.Your baggage is checked to your final destination. And they will pull your bags off the flight and possibly delay the flight searching for the bags if the passenger does not board that segment. Why a delay? Depending on what aircraft,your bag may be in a container or if a narrowbody aircraft,bulk loaded. At roughly ~10-15 minutes prior to departure,a list is generated internally  of passengers who have not boarded and if they have a checked bag. In that case a search at departure time against a list of passengers not boarded and bags will show if that passenger has a checked bag and unloading ~200 bags takes time while checking every bag tag number.Unloading a baggage container takes just as long. Airlines hate ths,believe me.In the airline industry,it's called PPBM,Positive Passenger Bag Match for international flights. Bag doesn't ride if passenger doesn't for obvious security/safety issues. Depending on the carrier,your bag may be rescanned and sent on or they will charge you a fare difference to claim your bag. The procedure varies between carriers and varies greatly in the Third World. Passengers know this and what they do is avoid checking a bag if they intend to not fly to their ticketed destination.(I spent 32 years in the industry,both pre-911 and post-911 on both ends of the spectrum.Both checking bags at the counter and also in lost & found on arrival,so I'm familiar with the procedures). There are obviously 2 issues here-ticketing and baggage.  If indeed you are able to change your final segment date with an obvious penalty,then the baggage isn't an issue whatsoever. If not, there ae variables you'll have to deal with. Regarding only the baggage issue,call the carrier and ask. DO NOT call the agent who sold you the ticket. They are consolidators/resellers/agents and have ZERO to do with baggage. Call the carrier directly and at least know where you stand with their policy. Every bit of info helps you at this point. Good luck-I hope you find a solution.

-Frank Zappa

Your bags will be checked through to your final destination. No airline will short-check bags for any reason. O

Other than most or all of them, that is.

I was surprised recently... One of my travelling mates, had a ticket, bought via Bestjet in Australia, with Skyscanner.  The ticket was for Thai Airways...  Anyway, he wanted to change the return leg of his flight to Perth.  When we were  in Chiang Mai, he went to the Thai desk at the airport and asked for a change... I kid you not, 2 minutes later, he had his changed flight,  at no charge, and that was with a fare that allowed no changes. We were surprised to say the least.

So I guess, my message is, if you don't ask, you will never know.   Don't die wondering!!  Ask them and see what they can or can't do for you!!!  You never know your luck!!

Other than most or all of them, that is.

What? Hopefully you're not saying most or all WILL.

-Frank Zappa

I would discuss both options with your agent, as both will virtually certainly incur charges I'd imagine.

For sure, had this happen to me recently, always book direct but this time got a freebe using points but was booked through a third party.

I wanted to bring my departure forward and fully expected a surcharge from the airline £100 but the sting was from the booking agent who charged an additional £110.

I did contact the airline first but go a no no, need to contact my booking agent, but never mind I'll now have any extra two months, just can't stand the crap weather here in the uk

Davidge the its the last flight of the whole journey so no worries about cancelation of the ticket

In that case, if you don't get anywhere with Webjet, it may be worth going to the Thai desk either in BKK on your outward leg if you have time, or at LHR when you arrive. You never know.

Previously I had a ticket with Olympic Air JED-ATH-LHR return with an extra flight ATH-Thessaloniki-ATH on the first leg.

I was sitting in Thessaloniki airport for the flight back to Athens where I was connecting to LHR. I noticed a direct fight to LHR leaving in 40 minutes and went to the desk to ask if I could just catch that one. Didn't think I'd have a hope but they did it with no problem and no charge. I've also changed a return leg at BKK before now.

Once you've flown the first part of the journey, it's always worth asking at an airport desk if you want to change anything as you might get lucky.

Well webjet said it would be down to the airline

And the airline said to contact webjet

The flights I wanted were full anyway

Well webjet said it would be down to the airline

And the airline said to contact webjet

The flights I wanted were full anyway

As per my previous reply, no harm in asking at the Thai desk at LHR when you get there.

Austrian & Thai both use Terminal 2 so you'll be there anyway.

The worst that can happen is that they say no.

Archived