Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Running in Pattaya

ReelTrouble

I'm planning on visiting in Feb and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with running in Pattaya. Obviously the heat can be an issue, but I was more wondering about safety and if there are any decent trails in the area?

I know the hotel I'm staying at has a treadmill, but I hate using the hamster wheel unless absolutely necessary. Any suggestions? 

Haha , I'm marathon runner myself and run 15/20 miles a week . I'm coming to pattaya for the first time in April and plan on not running once in the best part of 3 weeks while I'm in Thailand . Training is for home and shagging is for Thailand [emoji106]

A farang chick I took over there used to start from our hotel on Walking Street and head towards the pier and follow the road around to the Buddha  Hill and back again.

Sometimes she would head the other way down beach road end up at Dusit and run back.

She would try to get an early start when the roads were quiet, you might want to scope the best time for that.

I run along the beach road promenade down till Soi 1 and up all the way till end of Walking Street. You will find a lot of runners on that path. Late evening around 5.30 is a good time to start. A 1 to 1.5 hr run will still leave u sufficient time to shower, eat and head out for the night. Humidity and the heat is sapping so hydration is key. Also space those alcoholic drinks out with a lot of water and soda and you will be fine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm planning on visiting in Feb and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with running in Pattaya. Obviously the heat can be an issue, but I was more wondering about safety and if there are any decent trails in the area?

I know the hotel I'm staying at has a treadmill, but I hate using the hamster wheel unless absolutely necessary. Any suggestions? 

I gave up running when my knees went bad, and my new ones are not supped to be run on.   I ride my bicycle at jomtien beach daily, and there are lots of runners.   about 2 kilometers and then you can go though pratamak, very safe, few cars

get to the police station and go right..no cars after 10 but okay before

Just pay the check bin

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

I run or bike around Pattaya almost everyday. Never had any problems, knock on wood. For trail running you might want to consider hooking up with one of the local Hash House Harrier kennels. Good fun and great trail. I run every two weeks on Sunday with the Pattaya Jungle H3, There's also the PH3 that runs every Monday. Click on the links for more details.

I run or bike around Pattaya almost everyday. Never had any problems, knock on wood. For trail running you might want to consider hooking up with one of the local Hash House Harrier kennels. Good fun and great trail. I run every two weeks on Sunday with the Pattaya Jungle H3, There's also the PH3 that runs every Monday. Click on the links for more details.

Thanks. Looking at the pictures, that Jungle Run looks like fun. I will have to join the fun if my dates line up with any of their runs.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I start my run at the top of Soi 6 and head toward beach road. I run on the sidewalk of the beach until I reach Soi 7. Head up Soi 7 to beach road then back to Soi 6 for a shower, beer, and a ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Early morning or late evening is best for running along Beach road to the end of Walking Street and back. This way you'll avoid the hottest parts of the day. Morning runs also mean you won't have to dodge groups of people which can get annoying. 

2 friends ran most evenings during my trip last July.

They'd go very early evening so it was dusk by the time they finished.

They started near VT7 on Dongtan and ran along the beach 'road'/footpath to the bottom of one of the Pratumnak Sois (5 or 6?) and up the Soi, then back. The beach road is closed to vehicles until sunset though there were quire a few cyclists - on bikes with huge wheels!

I think my friends are nuts to run in the heat (especially as they're 52 and 66) but they keep on doing it.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I think the locals are not very forgiving when it comes to joggers. I always step to the side if need be and let the jogger not break their stride.

They just don't seem to move at all for me. I've been running when a pair of teenage girls have been walking towards me side by side. I expected one of them to fall in behind the other or at least bunch together a bit to let me pass. I expected her to move at the last minute and she just didn't! I was a bit shocked at the impact and this kid came off considerably worse.

I gave up after that. 

i love running in pattaya..... i try to do alternate days drinking so on the following mornings i am free to run. I start from cozy beach up buddha hill and then down it onto second road. I run up to central and then cut across onto the beach road. I then run back along beach through Walking Street and along the harbor to the headland. I then go up buddha hill from the headland Steep and challenging) and then back into cozy beach......A great 10km run and sets me up for the rest of the day. I start early and the difference in the temp when the sun comes up is amazing. Running through Walking Street at around 7am is comical and you get to see some really wrecked people after a good night out......this isn't for everyone but the beer in the evening tastes far better after a morning run like this!

i love running in pattaya..... i try to do alternate days drinking so on the following mornings i am free to run. I start from cozy beach up buddha hill and then down it onto second road. I run up to central and then cut across onto the beach road. I then run back along beach through walking street and along the harbor to the headland. I then go up buddha hill from the headland Steep and challenging) and then back into cozy beach......A great 10km run and sets me up for the rest of the day. I start early and the difference in the temp when the sun comes up is amazing. Running through walking street at around 7am is comical and you get to see some really wrecked people after a good night out......this isn't for everyone but the beer in the evening tastes far better after a morning run like this!

Thanks. That sounds like the route l took this morninguploadfromtaptalk1455094804050.jpg

I took the route info from my Garmin this morning.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I also like jogging on buddah hill. A few side trails you can take for a variety and if you are into interval type training there a few good challenging stair sets to go up and down

I was wanting to visit Thailand no day and was going I could find a kennel

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Your map is really helpful ReelTrouble

Thanks. The funny thing is that the next afternoon I walked up to the Temple on the hill, and found what appeared to be a short exercise path right by the three mile mark. My guess is the path is about two miles out and back judging by the painting on the path.

dd9d380adbc349ea5df2d8ee3f11c16b.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Good responses, yea from soi 3 it's out and around dolphiN roundabout onto beach road, up soi6/1 and back, im a lightweight at only 20-30 mins a time but heat is never a problem short distances,

Buddha mountain and the Cozy beach are great. These are practically parks. But running along the 2nd road and inhaling all that contamination from motorbikes and cars. That's something I would not recommend doing.

I have just realised I am lazy, I admit I do not exercise enough but if I did I believe my time in LOS would be time for a break, it is called a "holiday" after all. You have made me realise it is time to dust off the exercise bike and strider and dig the weighted backpack out and get back in the routine. (actually I will not have to dust them of, my cleaning lady is great).

running alomg 2nd road is fine in the morning.....the later the time the greater the traffic......love running past the harbor early morning.......normal pattaya people going about their daily business getting the boats out for the day ahead!

Archived