IGNORED

Where to buy Bamboo Shirts?

soi666

Hi guys, a friend in the USA showed me his bamboo shirt, it feels great and I'd like to look for some, anyone know of where in Pattaya to buy?

Thanks!

Had to Google it but it definitely looks good . Never seen it in Pattaya though . 

• 2 weeks later...

I have bamboo socks and undies for when im being a builder in brisbanes heat

Work well

Not for me, I bought into it 5 or so years ago with enthusiasm but realised they made no difference, no better and often worse than other artifical fabric.  I get decent outdoor stuff from adventure stores eg Macpac etal that are made for the heat etc The bamboo material is made using the same process as rayon, it just uses bamboo as the base material.  The natural anti bacterial properties of the bamboo are stripped away in the processing, they're after the cellulose.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo_textile 

• 3 weeks later...

Not for me, I bought into it 5 or so years ago with enthusiasm but realised they made no difference, no better and often worse than other artifical fabric.  I get decent outdoor stuff from adventure stores eg Macpac etal that are made for the heat etc The bamboo material is made using the same process as rayon, it just uses bamboo as the base material.  The natural anti bacterial properties of the bamboo are stripped away in the processing, they're after the cellulose.

This is my experience too. I mean, there's nothing wrong with "bamboo" shirts, they're certainly better than wearing cotton in a hot climate. But paying a premium for them, nah.

High end shops selling Bamboo clothing in Siem Reap... seems to be one of their specialties, not come across it in Pattaya though.

Archived