Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Welcome Plaza

dave888

Hey brothers.

Looking or advice about Welcome Plaza hotel. I have done as much research as I can online and cannot find up to date recent information about the Welcome Plaza. What I would like to know before booking is

Guest friendly?

Charge extra for bringing 2 girls back?

From its absence on the no 18/19 year olds list I'm guessing that it's ok in that respect.

Thank you in advance

I`ve just read on the Agoda reveiws,that if you dont book directly through them theres a 300baht charge if you bring a girl back.Might be a good idea to look into this to make sure!

I haven't stayed there for 6 or 7 years, I booked direct with them.

Never got charged joiner fee - only took 1 girl at a time so don't know about multiple girls.

Took a 19yo so not an over 21 hotel

The rooms (especially the bathrooms) were rather old and in need of a refurb, no inroom safe

Welcome Plaza

- girl friendly

- no joiner fee if you book through them

- joiner fee if you don't book through them (300 baht)

- big pool

- safe box in the reception

- no in-room safe box

- nice location

- Russian tour operator friendly

- BUG friendly

- no free wifi in room

BETTER options elsewhere

Welcome Plaza

- BUG friendly

BETTER options elsewhere

Not too many bugs.

I've stayed there once.

They fumigated the whole place for 3 nights straight. Didn't tell me, just found out the hard way as I bought my girl home and we couldn't breath.

Oh and yes the security wanted me to pay joiner whilst she was suffocating in the foyer, in which I politely told him no as I'd paid for 2 persons per room.

Honestly one of the worst experiences in Pattaya.......but location is good. So feel free to stay

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Same story with me. I was arguing with them blind in reception but they wouldn't budge from waiving my joiner fee. I told them, I wouldn't stay here again but that made no difference. There are better options elsewhere. 

• 10 months later...

I have stayed at the Welcome Plaza many times and will be staying there next month

I've have never paid a joiner fee and on 2 occasions I have taken 2 girls back to my room for the night and there wasnt a problem

In recent years the hotel has upgraded the rooms, corridors and swimming pool and the hotel now looks very nice.

During my stay next month I will take some photo's and do a review when I get back home

I have stayed at the Welcome Plaza many times and will be staying there next month

I've have never paid a joiner fee and on 2 occasions I have taken 2 girls back to my room for the night and there wasnt a problem

In recent years the hotel has upgraded the rooms, corridors and swimming pool and the hotel now looks very nice.

During my stay next month I will take some photo's and do a review when I get back home

Out of interest what do you pay for a room nowadays?

I've stayed there a few times years ago, liked the location and pool area but didn't like the bathrooms. I too was never asked to pay a joiner fee the times I stayed

Archived