IGNORED

The Sweet Spot Chocolate Cafe

Fritos0519

Bit more info from BiteMe. The mezzanine space you can see as soon as you enter the Bistro, and the Bistro dining area itself, is going to be open to Sweet Spot breakfast customers in the morning, very soon. All the tasty products from the Sweet Spot will be available through to the closing of the Bistro at 10pm (or later when we are busy).

The Bite Me dessert menu will be expanded to include more of Paul's cakes. Some mini chocs and other delicious petits fours will be served with coffee.

The plan is to open the Bistro on Bite Me's usual closing day, Sunday, too.

So Addicts with a sweet tooth will be able to satisfy their Sweet Spot cravings even longer each day :)

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the best for the move Paul, and on a personal level I'm glad to hear that you're "settling" into Thailand with your own home etc.

I read your description above. It says you are moving "into the production kitchen at Bite Me". Will you still have your own physical space for customers to sit and order a coffee (which were very good) and a slice of cake? Or has this been absorbed into the Bite Me restaurant area? If it's the latter, is this going to be temporary?  

Will miss seeing your staff too, they are very sweet.

Edit: I think you answered my question in the above post.

Thank you!  Absolutely if you wanted to come into the shop and order some sweets and coffee, unless it is a reserved table, you are more than welcome.  We are also looking at The Sweet Spot running the morning coffee and breakfast selections in the days ahead.  Thank you all again for your support.  We look forward to being back with you all shortly.  It has been a rough couple of weeks, but we are nearing the settling point.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Thailand Stories, Blogs, News and More:  The Neverland Post

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

Still located in soi buakhao area?

not far away about a 5 min walk from the old place.

now up on third rd.

from buakoaw/soi diana area up soi lengkee to third road, turn right and it comes up on your right

Striderman - you pic shows BiteME and Sweet Spot entrance facing Sai 3. I was under the impression that it was at the corner of Sai 3 and Leng Kee ; on LK road itself. Correct me if I am wrong.

Please remember to like and subscribe.

Striderman - you pic shows BiteME and Sweet Spot entrance facing Sai 3. I was under the impression that it was at the corner of Sai 3 and Leng Kee ; on LK road itself. Correct me if I am wrong.

you are wrong.

it is deffo on third rd between lengkee and the access inn hotel/guest house

in the photo middle distance is a green sign and a yellow arrow to the left, that is the turn warning for soi lenkee!!!

got it , thanks. Now I can sneak into Club Telephone without BiteMe seeing me ..... in case I spot a cute waitress at BiteMe! :)

Please remember to like and subscribe.

Damn was getting the info a week or two ago from the Thai chef in your place and from the directions I thought it was going to be up near my condo on pattaya klang, still ok for me though. Be back in to scope out the new location when I finish work and am back in a few weeks. Love that peanut butter pie and the girlfriend loves the pins colada cake. Cheers

Are you selling your goods now? Went by the old place and looks like everything is still there..

• 2 months later...

Cakes....cakes....cakes...

received_10154785610249688.jpeg

received_10154785610244688.jpeg

received_10154752672619688.jpeg

received_10154750603214688.jpeg

received_10154785629519688.jpeg

received_10154734614504688.jpeg

received_10154785633169688.jpeg

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

• 1 month later...

Thank you!  Absolutely if you wanted to come into the shop and order some sweets and coffee, unless it is a reserved table, you are more than welcome.  We are also looking at The Sweet Spot running the morning coffee and breakfast selections in the days ahead.  Thank you all again for your support.  We look forward to being back with you all shortly.  It has been a rough couple of weeks, but we are nearing the settling point.

Hey, your shop looks great.  Looking forward to trying one of everything when I visit Pattaya in August. 

Just a reminder, your website has the wrong location since your shop has moved to bite me.  I would have totally gone there and thought you were out of business if another BM didn't alert me.  You might want to take care of that ASAP.  

Also, are you opened and serving coffee in the morning?  The facebook page says you open at 1pm.  Is that correct?

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Great cake. 

Does Fritos0519 not come on here any more?  I do really want to know what time they open each day.

Does Fritos0519 not come on here any more?  I do really want to know what time they open each day.

Hi mate, I'm taking a guess that it is 1pm, which is the time that Bite Me Bistro opens.

I'm also taking a guess that if you're just stopping in for a coffee, it's a BMB offer that you're purchasing. Cakes/slices etc to accompany it would come from The Sweet Spot crew.  That's my understanding!

I am looking forward to visiting in a few weeks to check out the new arrangements!

Hi mate, I'm taking a guess that it is 1pm, which is the time that Bite Me Bistro opens.

I'm also taking a guess that if you're just stopping in for a coffee, it's a BMB offer that you're purchasing. Cakes/slices etc to accompany it would come from The Sweet Spot crew.  That's my understanding!

I am looking forward to visiting in a few weeks to check out the new arrangements!

oh, really?  I'd read that the sweet spot had really good coffee, as well as cakes.  I don't want to have subpar coffee with excellent cake.  I want the whole package.  I might have to so some take out cakes and get coffee somewhere else.

oh, really?  I'd read that the sweet spot had really good coffee, as well as cakes.  I don't want to have subpar coffee with excellent cake.  I want the whole package.  I might have to so some take out cakes and get coffee somewhere else.

Yes, they did.

There's a Bite Me Bistro thread on here too, the owner seems to come on pretty regularly and answer Qs.

Yes, they did.

There's a Bite Me Bistro thread on here too, the owner seems to come on pretty regularly and answer Qs.

Cool, thanks.  I check out that thread. 

Just my own personal opinion, but BMB doesn't look like my kind of place.  I mean, maybe if I were living in Pattaya for a long time I would like it, but just being there a week or two, I don't want that kind of experience/food. It all looks a little too upscale for me, lol.

Hey, your shop looks great.  Looking forward to trying one of everything when I visit Pattaya in August. 

Just a reminder, your website has the wrong location since your shop has moved to bite me.  I would have totally gone there and thought you were out of business if another BM didn't alert me.  You might want to take care of that ASAP.  

Also, are you opened and serving coffee in the morning?  The facebook page says you open at 1pm.  Is that correct?

Cakes are being made in the morning, but the Bistro is open at 1pm for now. We don't want to be 'just another' breakfast place. The plan is to open from 9am, seven days a week. Bistro coffee is good :)

Great cake. 

I will tell Paul, seems as if he's forgotten Addicts :)

Correct! Look forward to seeing you SF

We use two sources for coffee, Benjamit and the Wine Cellar (who provides great Swiss coffee as per our menu)

Yes, they did.

Cool, thanks.  I check out that thread. 

Just my own personal opinion, but BMB doesn't look like my kind of place.  I mean, maybe if I were living in Pattaya for a long time I would like it, but just being there a week or two, I don't want that kind of experience/food. It all looks a little too upscale for me, lol.

We try to provide quality food at sensible prices for expats. Not been called upscale before! We haven't exactly gone overboard on the decor ;) - it's all about the food...

Thailand Wine And Dine - unbiased food reviews around town ... Pollution Watch Thailand - daily air quality readings, news and info, Pattaya

Wow. I step away from addicts for a little while and my email started blowing up last night. We are indeed still around and doing awesome things as BiteMe has explained.

So what is new with The Sweet Spot? You will begin to see new desserts popping up on menus around the city VERY shortly if you have not noticed them already in certain locations. We may be operating more behind the scenes now, but ultimately it will mean more quality desserts in Pattaya as a whole.

You all have my word, I am back on addicts and will be around to answer questions. If you got something for me that is not appropriate for addicts etc, add me on FB. Paul Freitas (Mr. Chocolate). I'm the young one

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

I have also started The "Not So" Sweet Spot on FB for out dirtier adult cakes. Check it out.

FB_IMG_1467394877352.jpg

FB_IMG_1467207467395.jpg

1465042701143.jpg

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Thanks for all the answers. 

• 1 month later...

Some recent cake designs by The Sweet Spot at Bite Me Bistro!  If you need a cake, for any occasion, we are still doing them and ready to help.

13933309_10155008343149688_1150171923_n.jpg

13592693_1082180888515913_6777741009597900176_n.jpg

13713282_10154955438264688_568729630_n.jpg

13716255_1086880938045908_8541063827312303092_n (1).jpg

13901313_1098681416865860_6656347393704749341_n.jpg

13901785_1117666308293307_634608477_o.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Archived