Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

The Sweet Spot Chocolate Cafe

Fritos0519

We are Pattaya's only handmade chocolate and fudge shop. We are located behind the Avenue on Buakhao 15 (accessable from 2nd rd. or Soi Buakhao main. The goal is to provide quality items that everyone can afford. We also do:

-custom birthday and special occasion cakes

-fresh roasted coffee

-chocolate gift boxes

-iced chocolate (your pick of milk, dark, or white chocolate)

Come on by and see us! Samples are in thr counter :)

20151119_150128.jpg

1450694879979.jpg

1450253705951.jpg

FB_IMG_1448086806193.jpg

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Thailand Stories, Blogs, News and More:  The Neverland Post

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Staff was busy yesterday :)

Apple Pie.jpg

Sweets 1.jpg

Sweets 3.jpg

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

-Bryan Flowers - An Interview with the Original Pattaya Addict - Empty The Bank - Five Reasons To Invest in Pattaya - My Photography Page - PF Click

Just past soi Lenkee going towards Pattaya Tai, can't wait to try your delicious cakes.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

Just past soi Lenkee going towards Pattaya Tai, can't wait to try your delicious cakes.

turn right at the nature view hotel on buakoaw into Soi 15,  comes up 50 mtrs on the right

Fresh off the slab and a brand new flavor.  Come on out and try our new Oreo Fudge.  You won't be disappointed.

12540507_989634841096455_1413558712_n (1).jpg

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, Fritos0519 .. the coffee and bakery side appear quite right.

But, tell us about your cafe for those who would come to sit, rather than take out .. is this a place your guests can enjoy a pastry, a cup of coffee, unobtrusive background music and sit comfortably for an hour or so doing e-mail? .. are you wired for wifi? .. padded chairs (a la Starbucks), or hard backs? .. have you photos of the cafe's seating area?

Thanks!

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Hey, Fritos0519 .. the coffee and bakery side appear quite right.

But, tell us about your cafe for those who would come to sit, rather than take out .. is this a place your guests can enjoy a pastry, a cup of coffee, unobtrusive background music and sit comfortably for an hour or so doing e-mail? .. are you wired for wifi? .. padded chairs (a la Starbucks), or hard backs? .. have you photos of the cafe's seating area?

Thanks!

Thanks for the interest. We are serving Benjamit's coffee whatever your style. I currently have a basic tea but will be adding PG tips this evening along with soi cappuccinos over the next couple of days.

You can enjoy anything from the shop with your coffee from brownies to cake and chocolates or fudge. We tried the pastry thing and with low customer flow I stopped them for now. If we get a demand, we can definitely start it back up.

The shop itself has tables inside and out (photos with the next post). There is no music because of the fact that it can sometimes be obtrusive. There is a tv that you can have control over if you wish, if not just mute it or shut it off.

I have no issues with people that bring their laptops and need to sit and get some work done. I offer free wi-fi and a semi quiet environment for that reason. My only ask is that if you are enjoying the services that you purchase a coffee every now and then, I have a couple people that like to try to take 6 or 7 hours when the boss isn't around and only buy 2 coffees. Mutual respect is what it is all about.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Any chance to get pictures from the eating table ?

I like to sit at a starbucks drinking my coffee and some cake while lazily looking at my phone and listening to music with headphones (to each his own ritual ahah), wonder if your place would fit for that or if it's more like a traditional eatery

Any chance to get pictures from the eating table ?

I like to sit at a starbucks drinking my coffee and some cake while lazily looking at my phone and listening to music with headphones (to each his own ritual ahah), wonder if your place would fit for that or if it's more like a traditional eatery

It will fit in perfectly here. It will also be beneficial to the palette and wallet. Both of which are important.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

I've never had fudge in my life, I'm going to drop by and try one day!

Come on! YOUR first piece is on me.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

I'll try to make this my regular coffee spot during my upcoming trip. I am a fan of Christmas pudding cake, will try it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look forward to your visits.  Here's hoping the conversation will be as epic as your trip reports.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

• 2 weeks later...

Did an awesome cake up for a birthday out at the school for the blind.  That was AWESOME!

Pooky Birthday Cake.jpg

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you make any savoury pies?  I will be staying almost next door to your place within the next few weeks and look forward to trying your chocolate.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

What's going on? Heard your leaving the premises and have left the Breakfast Club group?

Is everything ok?

Chocolate lovers everywhere are getting the sweet sweats ....

What's going on? Heard your leaving the premises and have left the Breakfast Club group?

Is everything ok?

Chocolate lovers everywhere are getting the sweet sweats ....

if correct sad news

Come on folks.  You cannot believe everything that you read on the internet these days.  Here are the facts:

1.  The Sweet Spot is looking at new locations.  

2.  The Sweet Spot is still very much open.  Come on by and see for yourself @ 11

3.  Chan's Pit Stop is moving to a new location (in case we get our new spot)

4.  I did not "Leave" The Breakfast Club

Now, mop up those sweet sweats.  Until you hear it from me, no need to worry.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by yesterday early afternoon and the shop was very closed. What's up?

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Stopped by yesterday early afternoon and the shop was very closed. What's up?

During the daily walk today spotted what looks like the new location of The Sweet Spot under construction next to Bite Me Bistro on Third Road next to Soi Lengkee. There's no hiding from the chocolate addicted. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

The Sweet Spot is going through a relocation at the moment, the truth of it all is that I was paying 80k a month on the old space and the shop only had a few months left. I had already been in talks with Bite Me Bistro about collaborating on some desserts. Out of those talks came the idea to move the shop from it's current location into the production kitchen at Bite Me.

At the time being we are two companies sharing one spot. Bite Me Bistro has partners, The Sweet Spot does not. The only thing that will change is that the staff will be a little more scarcely seen as they will be upstairs.

We will still have a display down in the shop as well as a special orders book for quick pick cake ideas for parties. The Sweet Spot has evolved from me starting it as a chocolates and coffee only shop into a cake and baked goods factory. Think of this as another step of evolution for us. The new kitchen will allow us to operate 24 hours if need be and with the two of us combined, the quality goods will be at a high all the time.

Just a little piece of truth from the heart:

We are excited for the move on many levels. The boys over at Bite Me are a good group of guys who have a set goal and are dedicated to ensuring they never lose their quality, kind of like us.

The other thing that the move is doing is good on a personal level for me. For the last 7 years I have lived out of connex boxes, hotel rooms, and 2 man shared 9ft x 20ft rooms. The last year I have continued that by living above my shop. To be able to rent a house and have my own space is probably the greatest thing for me at the moment.

We are down at the moment, but we damn sure are not out. We will be back up and running soon and we look forward to seeing all of your familiar faces as well as many new ones.

I am humbled at the overwhelming support that we have received during our transition. It is you all that make the whole thing worthwhile.

Respectfully,

Mr. Chocolate

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

Operating 24hrs?

Will this have potential to purchase 24hrs?

Earning will I be able to get a drunken chocolate cake fix whilst walking home?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Operating 24hrs?

Will this have potential to purchase 24hrs?

Earning will I be able to get a drunken chocolate cake fix whilst walking home?

We are still finishing up work on the logistics of the main shop opening. I will tell you that the next step for us (The Sweet Spot) is satellite locations throughout Pattaya with different operating hours. The kitchen will be able to function for 24 hours if need be to facilitate requirements for parties and events, fill the shelves downstairs,and fill orders for delivery.

Paul Freitas

Caliente Group Co. Ltd.

All the best for the move Paul, and on a personal level I'm glad to hear that you're "settling" into Thailand with your own home etc.

I read your description above. It says you are moving "into the production kitchen at Bite Me". Will you still have your own physical space for customers to sit and order a coffee (which were very good) and a slice of cake? Or has this been absorbed into the Bite Me restaurant area? If it's the latter, is this going to be temporary?  

Will miss seeing your staff too, they are very sweet.

Edit: I think you answered my question in the above post.

Archived