Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Endoscopy in Pattaya or Bangkok?

fusionx

Hi all,

I went to Bumrungrad in Bangkok for a comprehensive physical exam a year ago and really enjoyed the experience.

I want to do it again, and add the "capsule endoscopy", where you swallow a capsule with a camera and it takes photos from the throat to the bunghole. I have a hiatal hernia and IBS and want to get everything checked out :)

Bumrungrad was awesome, but I don't want to spend a week in Bangkok - I come in on a Friday, and would have to wait until Monday to get everything going. 

Can I do the same things in Pattaya and avoid BKK altogether? 

Can anyone recommend a hospital with the full service exam, plus the endoscopy, for a reasonable cost? The two-day service in BKK was pretty amazing, and I'd love to find the same thing in Patts.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Cya all around the 2nd week of February :)

I don't know the answer to your question but Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is one of (if not thee) biggest hospitals in Pattaya, why not contact them and ask?

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/contact-us-en/medical-consultation-inquiry-en.html

Edit; according to their web site they can do it;

Gastrointestinal Wireless Capsule Endoscopy is a new medical technological advancement for diagnosis of small intestinal neoplasms in patients with gastrointestinal polyposis syndrome. The examination is quick, painless, without incision, small risk, with very high accuracy.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/healthcare-en/gastrointestinal-gi-liver-clinic-en/investigations-gastroscopy-en.html

I am also not aware that weekend would be any issue for Bumrungrad. If you are an existing customer, simply contact them by email about hat you want and when you want it, maybe able to book on day of your arrival, then go on to Pattaya afterwards...

Having sampled the the annual check-up at all the local hospitals here in Pattaya, I now always take a couple of days break in Bangkok and use Bumrungrad, in my experience far superior.

Having sampled the the annual check-up at all the local hospitals here in Pattaya, I now always take a couple of days break in Bangkok and use Bumrungrad, in my experience far superior.

That's the kind of info I'm looking for - thanks! It's tough to choose from here in Farang-Land, so I'm happy to hear from you. I know what I can get at Bumrungrad - everything else is a mystery. 

GOt a reply from Bunrungrad - 88,000 baht for the capsule endoscopy! That's NOT happening. 

Archived