Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flights for 1 departing and 2 returning?

Chris P Bacon

Has anyone ever booked flights like this and got it relatively cheap?,im departing Dublin myself in January and my girlfriend is coming back with me,but its crazy how much the flight from Bangkok is for 2 people,the cheapest i can get at the moment is if i book for 2 people departing,my question is if i book this way would there be an issue when i check in could i just say that she cant make the departing flight but will be returning with me ?

If you miss the outward leg of a flight you lose the return leg automatically

Ah ok thanks i didnt know that

Would it be any cheaper if you book a return flight for yourself, and a one way ticket for the GF on the same flight as you from BKK to Dublin?

Would it be any cheaper if you book a return flight for yourself, and a one way ticket for the GF on the same flight as you from BKK to Dublin?

Yeah thats one way im trying to do,ill give you an example of prices,myself returning with Singapore air is €870 and a one way ticket for her on the same flight is nearly €2000! ive emailed them about it to see if can get it cheaper they said they will be back to me today.

That is my understand too.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I don't remember it ever been cheap unfortunately... flight from BKK to UK  dont do the discount we get they seem to have fixed prices. 

Options from my experience 

book online direct with the airline... if they will except that book her a return with a 6 month or year return as I am sure you will be going back out there in the next year..   or just book her a single but check the terms of her visa as she may need a return ticket. if it is a tourist visa she will have to have a return ticket. 

is to book a single for yourself them arrange to returns together get returns as above. I used J.K. Travel Pattaya  in the past for this on soi 8 outside sunshine hotel

or from the Ireland   just use a travel agent like http://www.westeasttravel.com/who can arrange everything for you and have dealt with this type of thing as they it is run by thai's. 

you can also look at skyscanner they will search flights BKK to Dublin  for you.. 

no easy or cheap options really unless your girlfriend is prepared to fly by herself and follow you to dublin.

I forgot to mention something. If you are using a travel agent never book a flight with one in any place other than the point of origin. It is very likely that doing anything else will be more expensive as they usually do not have access to cheap options.

I think the days of a one way being more expensive than a return are long gone.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

is she coming out to live with you permanatly in Ireland , otherwise wouldnt she also need a return flight to Thailand .

If she is coming out and staying with you what about this for an option .

look into the costs af a ticket with the possibility of being charged only a small fee for a change of name on the ticket then go on a backpacker forum like Lonely planet or Travel Nomads and offer a one-way free flight to Thailand ( explaining the circumstances ) then when the taker of this ticket has landed in Thailand just change the name on the ticket for the return part of the ticket

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

Yeah thats one way im trying to do,ill give you an example of prices,myself returning with Singapore air is €870 and a one way ticket for her on the same flight is nearly €2000! ive emailed them about it to see if can get it cheaper they said they will be back to me today.

So one way BKK-DUBLIN is 2,000 ???

Book her BKK-DUBLIN-BKK round trip then.

She takes the BKK flight and throws away the return ticket,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

Its surprising how many people don't realise that missing any flight on a booking means the rest are automatically cancelled.

The OP should use Skyscanner to check for the best prices, both for a return & then for a 1 way flight. Then book direct with the airline that has the cheapest combined price for the 2 tickets

Its surprising how many people don't realise that missing any flight on a booking means the rest are automatically cancelled.

The OP should use Skyscanner to check for the best prices, both for a return & then for a 1 way flight. Then book direct with the airline that has the cheapest combined price for the 2 tickets

Yeah ive been checking skycanner everyday and have a notification set up,i think i might have it sorted,British Airways has both return flights for a reasonable price so i might go with them...

is she coming out to live with you permanatly in Ireland , otherwise wouldnt she also need a return flight to Thailand .

If she is coming out and staying with you what about this for an option .

look into the costs af a ticket with the possibility of being charged only a small fee for a change of name on the ticket then go on a backpacker forum like Lonely planet or Travel Nomads and offer a one-way free flight to Thailand ( explaining the circumstances ) then when the taker of this ticket has landed in Thailand just change the name on the ticket for the return part of the ticket

Yeah i was going to book a return flight separately to these flights as it could be got for less than €300

Yeah i was going to book a return flight separately to these flights as it could be got for less than €300

I do wish you the best of luck... bringing a thai woman over is not easy and a lot of time needs to be spent with her help her adjust to life over here. but sure you have it all planned ....

I have had 2 thai women over one my ex - wife who came on a fiancee visa before we got married and years later a girlfriend on a tourist visa. 

not easy if you are going to work every day especially in the winter months when it is dark at night and you are working all day. with it been the coldest months of the year as well can be very difficult ....hope you house is extremely warm I had the heating on in the summer during my wife's first couple of years LOL never mind the winter poor boiler was fat out 24/7 

clothes at this time of year is a biggy ... my ex bought ski clothes and wore the layers in the house then the full on ski stuff outside. 

They get seriously bored sitting the house all day  especially if they are from the bright lights of Bangkok or pattaya. find a good asian supermarket as well food will comfort them but cost a fortune. :-( compared to your normal shop

Sorry gone right off track here as you where only asking for help with flights 

If you need and hints or tips let me know just PM me quite willing to share my experience if it will help ... good luck and hope it works out. 

I do wish you the best of luck... bringing a thai woman over is not easy and a lot of time needs to be spent with her help her adjust to life over here. but sure you have it all planned I have had 2 thai women over one my ex - wife who came on a fiancee visa before we got married and years later a girlfriend on a tourist visa. 

not easy if you are going to work every day especially in the winter months when it is dark at night and you are working all day. They get seriously bored especially if they are from the bright lights of Bangkok or pattaya. 

If you need and hints or tips let me know just PM me quite willing to share my experience if it will help ... good luck and hope it works out

Thanks for the info,and yeah it will be hard for her in the winter i wanted her to come next summer but she insisted on coming back with me in January so who am i to argue,thankfully i have a job that im home a lot so she wont be on her own too much and shes a farm girl from Rayong who doesn't drink or smoke so she wont be missing Pattaya or Bangkok,its a new experience for us both but i think it will be a good one,i hope...

Thanks for the info,and yeah it will be hard for her in the winter i wanted her to come next summer but she insisted on coming back with me in January so who am i to argue,thankfully i have a job that im home a lot so she wont be on her own too much and shes a farm girl from Rayong who doesn't drink or smoke so she wont be missing Pattaya or Bangkok,its a new experience for us both but i think it will be a good one,i hope...

it will be fantastic I am sure ,  lot of hard work and adjustment , but if she is worth it it will be so rewarding and a brilliant  future for you both.

I hope it snows then you will see the most amazing face on her will warm your heart so much. I remember the first time my ex-wife saw it she was bouncing all over the place Still holds a very special in my heart... you forget how it must feel for somebody who has never seen snow before and see it for the first time  :GoldenSmile1:  

keep us updated how you get on sure your experience will help others on PA

merry xmas mate and hope you a very fantastic new year 

Just to point out that mid-week flights are often cheaper, so book the return-flights for Tues/Wed/Thurs ?

Opodo currently have a Sale, for flights with BA, book by 2nd Feb for travel after 7th January.

Or perhaps wait for Sales over the next couple-of-weeks ?

Thanks to everyone for the replies i got return flights for both of us with British Airways for just under €1500

Really ? Why ?

How many people skip/miss the first leg of a flight OR even another leg of the flight without notifying the airline of a change of itinerary beforehand ?

I never have (that I can recall)

Someone might buy a cheaper ticket, say Germany-LHR-BKK, hoping to use only the LHR-BKK part, and save money compared to LHR-BKK.

Airlines often price an indirect-ticket via their hub cheaper, to win business off that direct city-pair, from airlines flying direct.

And they don't like it, if you try to save by making use of this !

Someone might buy a cheaper ticket, say Germany-LHR-BKK, hoping to use only the LHR-BKK part, and save money compared to LHR-BKK.

Airlines often price an indirect-ticket via their hub cheaper, to win business off that direct city-pair, from airlines flying direct.

And they don't like it, if you try to save by making use of this !

Oh, I understand the reasoning perfectly.

I have not been a frequent airline traveler over the years (although I have traveled quite a bit since my retirement in 2008).

But prior to a few years ago, I had never even heard of these sorts of "gimmicks" to get lower fares.

That is why I asked why it was so "surprising" that travelers weren't aware of these kinds of "games" and/or why the airlines don't like 'em and are taking measures to do away with the practices,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Archived