IGNORED

.. DRINK DRIVERS - Military to Impound Their Vehicles

brutox

.. Thailand perennially ranks between #2 and #4 .. IN .. THE .. ENTIRE .. WORLD .. for road-related deaths .. it also suffers from high per capita grain alcohol consumption and has no social stigma for driving drunk .. Thai holidays are literally bloodbaths.

.. the carnage is shameful.

.. it is long past time to start f#*king these cretins up .. maybe serious jail time will be next, instead of merely holding them until they are sober.

http://m.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/804228

"Military to hold drink drivers, impound vehicles"

".... Soldiers will impound vehicles from drink drivers during New Year holidays ...."

Have a safe holiday out there, men. If you are driving drunk, then .. f#*K .. you.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Where are  they going to put them?   They are not going to fit in Soi 9. 

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Military to hold drink drivers, impound vehicles

.... Soldiers will impound vehicles from drink drivers during New Year holidays ....

This plan would be illegal in any normal country....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

.. Thailand perennially ranks between #2 and #4 .. IN .. THE .. ENTIRE .. WORLD .. for road-related deaths .. it also suffers from high per capita grain alcohol consumption and has no social stigma for driving drunk .. Thai holidays are literally bloodbaths.

.. the carnage is shameful.

.. it is long past time to start f#*king these cretins up .. maybe serious jail time will be next, instead of merely holding them until they are sober.

http://m.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/804228

Military to hold drink drivers, impound vehicles

.... Soldiers will impound vehicles from drink drivers during New Year holidays ....

Have a safe holiday out there, men. If you are driving drunk, then .. f#*K .. you.

Two reasons why I  don't drive in Thailand;

1) I like to drink

2) All the other piss heads on the road.

It's about time they made the roads safer.

Where are  they going to put them?   They are not going to fit in Soi 9. 

Biggest growth industry in Thailand - monkey houses

Lucky this isn't a normal country then

Where I am from if they stop you for drunk driving and you are over the limit (they test you on the spot) you are arrested and put in handcuffs and taken to jail, where you must post bond to be released.  Your car is towed and the owner has to pay the towing, impound and storage fees.  Once you go to court most people will either lose their license or have their driving privileges severely restricted for a significant period of time.  They also make you pay a big fine and attend classes on the dangers of drunk driving and maybe perform community service.  Next your insurance company finds out about your conviction and either substantially increases your insurance premiums or cancels your coverage entirely.  At the end of the day it costs thousands of dollars and this is for the first offense.  

Your car is towed and the owner has to pay the towing, impound and storage fees.

Yes but that is the law in your country and it is not the army doing it. I do not believe that there are laws in Thailand that allow for this, but I could be wrong.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Yes but that is the law in your country and it is not the army doing it. I do not believe that there are laws in Thailand that allow for this, but I could be wrong.

Thailand doesnt have legislation that covers drink driving e.g. road traffic act?!

Worrying that the government can then just "create" their own laws

Yes, but here and now the Thai army are both the government and the law!  Section 44 sees to that.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

OP, edit that bad word in your opening post.

Take of letter "k" it look better that way.

I am sure, you understand what I mean.

Archived