IGNORED

Police in 808 club

juice777

I hered the police Raided 808 Club in walking St last night

Did anyone see?

and if they did was looking at Pepole visas or checking for drugs?

Just curious I don't have to worry about both but wondering if I should get a mini copy of my passport done just in case

Or has anyone else been stoped in pattaya and had there passport checked recently for no other reason then to check for visas?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It's extremely unlikely that you will get asked to show your passport at any time. I have never been asked to show my passport and except in news articles I do not know of anyone who has been asked.

It is unlikely that they will test farangs for drugs. It is more likely that they will check Thais.

I have been caught up in these raids a couple of times and have been told to vacate the establishment and nothing more.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

It's extremely unlikely that you will get asked to show your passport at any time. I have never been asked to show my passport and except in news articles I do not know of anyone who has been asked.

It is unlikely that they will test farangs for drugs. It is more likely that they will check Thais.

I have been caught up in these raids a couple of times and have been told to vacate the establishment and nothing more.

Ooops I wasn't even looking and I came across the story. It appears that they were checking passports.

Foreigners targeted as police raid Pattaya nightclubs

A foreign tourist was arrested and three illegal migrant workers detained when Pattaya police raided popular Walking Street nightspots as part of a pre-New Year’s immigration crackdown.

More than 100 officers from a special operations unit and Pattaya police station took part in the late-night sweep launched around 1am almost exclusively on the South Pattaya nightlife strip Tuesday morning.

The sweep targeting foreigners was extremely unusual, especially given the timing a week before Christmas. During previous raids, foreigners were ushered out while authorities checked and drug tested Thais and immigrant workers.

This morning, however, officers stormed nightspots, including the Sensations coyote bar and 808 disco, finding many tourists not carrying their passports as legally required. Anyone unable to produce their immigration paperwork was taken to Pattaya police station for questioning.

One tourist found actually carrying his passport was arrested after officers discovered it was expired.

Three migrant workers discovered working illegally at a Walking Street restaurant also were taken into custody pending legal action.

The raid was part of the national police chief's policy ordering the Chon Buri police chief and the commander of the local tourist police division to crack down illegals and foreign criminals to prevent possible unrest during the New Year festivities, as well as improve security for tourists.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Yep that was what I herd but the Thai girl who told me couldn't speak good English so wasn't sure

Seems like they are well cracking down

I am from the UK and we don't have id cards so I carry my provisional driving licence with me

There is no way I am carrying my passport I will lose it

So what would have happen to me yesterday if I was there?

Yep that was what I herd but the Thai girl who told me couldn't speak good English so wasn't sure

Seems like they are well cracking down

I am from the UK and we don't have id cards so I carry my provisional driving licence with me

As stated in the article you would have been taken to the police station to have your status checked.

I believe that the main reason for the raid was to show most of the chaps in there the correct was to wear a baseball cap as Pattaya is trying to attract a better clientèle. Trainers (sneakers) that are 3 sizes too big and humongous gold chains are next so I'm told.

I believe that the main reason for the raid was to show most of the chaps in there the correct was to wear a baseball cap as Pattaya is trying to attract a better clientèle. Trainers (sneakers) that are 3 sizes too big and humongous gold chains are next so I'm told.

Yes and then give them a good kickin for listening to shit music

Carry a photocopy of your passport and if possible a copy of your immigration card.

As stated in the article you would have been taken to the police station to have your status checked.

So you think I should get a mini laminated copy of my passport done want I have herd people talking about before

or at least take a pic of it and my visa and keep it on my phone

I saw it from WS.

About 5 of those pick-up trucks filled with tourists. Mainly black or arab if that makes a difference? but that could just be a reflection of the 808 customer base.

A local said it was passport related, but who knows.

I tell you what though ....the pro photographers were there with their big cameras making sure the 'culprits' were front page news. Obviously invited in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw it from WS.

About 5 of those pick-up trucks filled with tourists. Mainly black or arab if that makes a difference? but that could just be a reflection of the 808 customer base.

I tell you what though ....the pro photographers were there with their big cameras making sure the 'culprits' were front page news. Obviosly they were invited in advance.

Good point

So you think I should get a mini laminated copy of my passport done want I have herd people talking about before

They don't accept phone pics, but I just carry a A4 copy taken from my hotels photocopy.

If you are not going to carry your passport it is your best shot. People have posted in the past that police have told them that a photo is not acceptable but photocopies are. However, this being Thailand you will not be totally safe unless you have your passport.

Rehashing the same shit a year down the line from the coup. Now there will be a plethora of contrasting edicts about what is acceptable & what not leading to mass confusion.

................................................................................................................

Spectacle added to an existing freak show.

index.jpg

................................................................................................................

What already said mean who the police look for and put in truck. News say they go also in sensation so why not have many Japanese man in truck and other. It is not the target because if they are wanting to check people easy can just block the street and check all the people with the 100 police. Only go entering 2 place must have targets. 808 target and could go sensation for not every person say who they look for. Deflection for purpose.

I don't like confusion. My last trip I carried my passport everywhere but to the beach. The only thing that got messed up was my departure card with my stamp on it. The humidity was crazy. I just kept them in a zippered pocket and never opened it while out. Never had an issue but always want to stay prepared. I guess the passport stamps are for visas and not the 30 visa exempt.

• 2 weeks later...

for 100 baht can not hurt.

was in soi 9 a couple of years back was reporting a Bahtbus pickpocket  incident, a guy in front of me had being robbed BIB called an idiot for carrying his passport on him which was also stolen i left before they would speak to me however i didn't lose my passport and would/will never carry it on my person.

This is the type of police harassment of tourist the local hotel owner groups are advising against.

That experience of been hauled off in a pickup in walking st is disgraceful behavior they where paying customers unlike most of what goes through that street TIT.

I saw it from WS.

I tell you what though ....the pro photographers were there with their big cameras making sure the 'culprits' were front page news. Obviously invited in advance.

Could this have anything to do with doing "background" checks for potential terrorists. There was word they were in Thailand to target Russians.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Could this have anything to do with doing "background" checks for potential terrorists. There was word they were in Thailand to target Russians.

if that was the case you conduct a raid where they stay at 6am when they at there least alert not in a busy entertainment venue

for 100 baht can not hurt.

I paid 70 baht at the Kodak shop. Also keep a copy in my phone as well. Never hurts and is easy enough.

Archived