IGNORED

Netflix or Simila A few Questions, Please

likethaigirls

Hi guys,

I'm in Southeast Asia, will be spending most of my time in Cambodia & LOS in 2016.

Anyway, I registered for Netflix for the first time just now. I would use my VPN when signing in, but is it safe to turn the VPN off when watching a show? As you know, Netflix content would stream better with the VPN off- faster ping, better streaming.

But is it safe? I'm using an iPad Air.

Is Netflix geofenced? I set my VPN to America.

Lastly, are there other, similar services on the 'Net that are better in any way than Netflix? I'm quite busy just now, so I only got to watch a couple of minutes of Netflix, VPN on. It did pause once, just for a few seconds. Otherwise, my very limited sampling seemed fine.

Do any of you find fault with Netflix?

Thanks again! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am not too familiar with tablets and VPNs, but see if you can find something called Hola.  This works great and will usually not cut down on speeds much, and it is also free.

I am using hola as an extention to google chrome on my PC, but have also used it for IE and Mozilla. So perhaps there is a way on an Ipad aswell.

Hope you find what you need.

---------------------------
Here we go!!!

Archived