IGNORED

Premium Economy From Los Angeles $979

scorpio

Anyone interested in going to Bangkok end of March thru April check Google flights. I checked March 31st thru April 21st and it and many other dates for $979 premium economy on Air China. Hope this helps someone save more money for the important stuff.

how is china air?   i am actively researching a potential virgin trip and i'm feeling that i have to bite the bullet and go business class as i am over 6' tall and hate flying.  

how is china air?   i am actively researching a potential virgin trip and i'm feeling that i have to bite the bullet and go business class as i am over 6' tall and hate flying.  

Business class big money.

Business class big money.

thanks for responding!

actually coming from the west coast in the US its one of the cheapest business class tickets out there [most business tickets are 1-2K more] and the look of the accommodations make it seem almost a bargain by comparison.  i know i could probably take 3-4 trips for the price if i flew economy but i don't think i could do it honestly.  i really don't. i just hate flying.  i had a nearly 5 hour flight going to BC for skiing one time and i thought i was going to blow a gasket.  to make matters worse there was this french canadian sitting next to me literally digging in his toe for a good chunk of the ride.  no offense to anyone french or canadian.  

my plan [i know, i know] is to just go cautious and likely expensive the first trip so i get a lay of the land.  then i will pare back if i end up liking it and come back [is there a chance of not liking it?].  so have you heard anything about china air beyond the ticket price?  i am just looking to be comfortable on the flight.  given the pictures of the plane/accommodations, it seems to be decent.  

air china and china airlines are different companies init? id make sure you look into them properly so you dont expect one product and end up in a completely different one :)

Have not seen Air China premium Economy but I am 6'4"  320# and am comfortable on Eva Air Elite economy.

Seat Guru shows Eva to have a couple more inches legroom and width.

16hr flight IAH to TPE then the 3hr flight to BKK.

Usually can grab it on a fare sale around $1400.

They fly out of LAX, SFO, SEA and YVR from the west coast, less time.

Eva also gives full refund minus $100 if you cancel your flight which I had to do once.

$50 flight changes.

These apply for Elite, not sure if same for Economy fare class.

Strongly suggest Eva Air Elite economy.

​Plenty of space for you, and you'll have a lot more $$$ while on the ground to spend on spoiling yourself.

thanks for responding!

actually coming from the west coast in the US its one of the cheapest business class tickets out there [most business tickets are 1-2K more] and the look of the accommodations make it seem almost a bargain by comparison.  i know i could probably take 3-4 trips for the price if i flew economy but i don't think i could do it honestly.  i really don't. i just hate flying.  i had a nearly 5 hour flight going to BC for skiing one time and i thought i was going to blow a gasket.  to make matters worse there was this french canadian sitting next to me literally digging in his toe for a good chunk of the ride.  no offense to anyone french or canadian.  

my plan [i know, i know] is to just go cautious and likely expensive the first trip so i get a lay of the land.  then i will pare back if i end up liking it and come back [is there a chance of not liking it?].  so have you heard anything about china air beyond the ticket price?  i am just looking to be comfortable on the flight.  given the pictures of the plane/accommodations, it seems to be decent.  

China Air from Taiwan is good & decent business class, I have done it from Europe.

Air China from China I do not know about as I have only used them at Economy level.

Eva Air is superb I have flown in all 3 seats from Europe & economy is what it is but the Business is bang on.

Seat guru is a good web site to look at the seats on the Aircrafts.

Archived