IGNORED

Looking for a new point and shoot

kerso

Anyone got any recommendations for a point and shoot, not looking at spending loads because it will only get used when I'm in Thailand maybe £200-£300.

Ive not really got a clue about cameras, all I'm looking for really is that it takes half decent pictures at night in the room and out and about .

There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits  :D

Canon S 120 . 

Small , easy to use , good quality in low light . Around 12k Bht . 

If you're interested , i got a Canon S 110 (model before the 120) 1,5 year old , selling for 6k Bht . 

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_powershot_s110_review/conclusion/

A really good all rounder is the Olympus tough series..waterproof and drop proof from about 2m... I had one until I left it in Mexico

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

cheers ill have a look at these ones  :08:

There are no chicks with dicks, only guys with tits  :D

An alternate suggestion, any of the newer smart phones are going to be nearly as good eg LG G4 or newer like the Sony Experia Z5.  They have the double advantage of being with you, being connected ie instant upload and being able to be used as a phone etc as well.  

There is also a big difference between a photographers pocketable camera eg Sony RX100 and what you're looking for.

http://www.dxomark.com/Mobiles

http://connect.dpreview.com/phone-reviews?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&ref=mainmenu

• 6 months later...

I need something for a 7 day road trip. As I will not be using it afterwards something cheap& def point & shoot suitable for an old fart

www.sugarcanemafia.com

i bought one of the Olympus tough series cameras mentioned above just for Songkran because it was waterproof (10m), dustproof, drop proof (2m) and also shot HD video. it worked well. haven't used it since April though.

• 4 weeks later...

All the big camera makers have nice fully automatic small digital cameras that do stills and vids for around $100 US. Check online for ideas. I use Sony, but have had Nikon's, Canon's, and many others.

I have canon sx610hs. Not expensive. Good quality videos also. Camera and good memory card about 160E year ago

Archived