Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner like in the cheap seats?

Farangkie

I'll being going Thai Airways on their 787 in a few weeks , anyone know if it's any more comfortable than the 777 I've gone on with them for years previously.

It's way better in business btw ... Lay flat seats vs the crap bus seats Thai airways had fitted in the 777.

It's way better in business btw ... Lay flat seats vs the crap bus seats Thai airways had fitted in the 777.

Yes the 777 seats were not much better than a park bench.

I'll being going Thai Airways on their 787 in a few weeks , anyone know if it's any more comfortable than the 777 I've gone on with them for years previously.

I found Jets star Dreamliner just as good as Thia Boeing 777-300ER (cheap seats), minus the Thai  touch and  goodies, but about $100 cheaper!

Will be flying Scoot in 5 days to Singapore..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner

On Thai the seat width in Economy on the 787 is the same as the 777. The seats are also slighter firmer on the Dreamliner.

The air quality and ambient lighting on the 787 is MUCH better and noticeably so. You don't feel like you're in a fridge and the cabin doesn't go pitch black during night flights cos there's no shades to pull down. Instead the windows DIM which is really cool.

The LCD screen and entertainment system is much improved too. You can now watch a movie without seeing a screen full of 1980s style static. And you can plug in your own headphones easily now or charge your phone. Nice touches.

787 is much better! Tho they still pack us in like sardines. It is the Airlines who fit the plane with seats to match their business model - not Boeing. So it depends very much on the airline.

I found Jets star Dreamliner just as good as Thia Boeing 777-300ER (cheap seats), minus the Thai  touch and  goodies, but about $100 cheaper!

Will be flying Scoot in 5 days to Singapore..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_787_Dreamliner

Just flown BC in that -Jetstar BC is really like premium economy in other airlines but its an awesome aircraft

Doesn't matter what type of aircraft you're flying make/model its entirely down to what configuration that individual airline chooses.

Some like the A380 but my flights on Malaysian go down as my worst experience ever.

• 3 weeks later...

The wet dream liner is just too small why make it that tiny , , and so the coach class seats are too tight for comfort  , flew UK to Philippines we were all packed in like sardines , never again its going to be Airbus A 380 super jumbo next time , lots of room whisper quite and very comfortable .

I have flown the 787 a few times now and once Bkk to PVG on Thai.  It is a very nice aircraft.  All steerage class seats are tight in my opinion but the air quality and other things make it a nice trip.  I do like the 777 better on one thing, I get window seats and the seat bracket in the seat in front of you is far enough from the wall that you can place your foot on the other side of it, not so on the 787.

Planning my summer trip on American Airlines and taking all the long legs on Japan Air 787's...

Joker

JAL 787 economy seats are good enough for a 10 hour flight

But wtf is up with the JAL 787-8 biz class. What a waste if you don't get their sky suite. On my return in taking this flight and doing my best to get a return on Cathay biz. But can't find a seat avail yet.

Some of the 787 have the sky suite, it all depends on the route, check the JAL website.

The wet dream liner is just too small why make it that tiny , , and so the coach class seats are too tight for comfort  , flew UK to Philippines we were all packed in like sardines , never again its going to be Airbus A 380 super jumbo next time , lots of room whisper quite and very comfortable .

As per my # 9 doesnt make any difference if its an a380. All down to user configuration. I've yet to see an A380 packing bigger than 32" in economy. Eva Etihad and Oman offer 33" 33" and 34" respectively in pitch on their "smaller" aircraft

Archived