IGNORED

honey inn or 247 or lk legend

f308gt

I want to stay soi honey area for a change but I'm racked with indecision. I don't care about food or parking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

I've stayed at the Honey Inn a week or so ago. Not a bad hotel. Rooms aren't huge. Friendly staff.

Be aware that the rooms at the back face another hotel, so no view from the small balcony (only good for a ciggie). The music from LK Metro is also loud until 3am.

I've stayed at the Honey Inn a week or so ago. Not a bad hotel. Rooms aren't huge. Friendly staff.

Be aware that the rooms at the back face another hotel, so no view from the small balcony (only good for a ciggie). The music from LK Metro is also loud until 3am.

Thanks

Is the entrance well lit at night?

I can only speak for 247 where I stayed for a fortnight recently. The room was fine, suggestions I have read was to seek a room on the higher floors towards the rear of the building. Noise over night was not a difficult factor. My room 402 was at the rear not too distant from the elevator and had a small balcony to accommodate the split air conditioning system and suitable for a look outside, no seating as such. The outlook was over a sparse block of land yet to be built on whilst some building work was also taking place to the rear. Well placed to 2nd road and the baht buses and not to far from Mike's Shopping Centre to walk through to the beach. Plenty of bars and massage shops nearby in Soi Honey and only a short walk to LK Metro. The bathroom has glass wall panels but there are pull down blinds if modesty is an issue.

The staff here are pleasant and when being visited by an overnight guest they are required to lodge their id/passport with reception. I noticed they also seemed to photocopy this information, perhaps for the authorities. There is free wifi although I paid for a separate package on my phone. It appears wise to have software to ensure you don't get an automatic disconnect from the hotel systems. The entrance is set back from the street to allow vehicles to enter and depart but the area is suitably lit. I did not have any safety concerns. There is also a swimming pool on the roof, not a great deal of sun shade and plenty of laundrys in the same area.

I enjoyed my stay there.

Thanks. Plenty of information for me to think about there.

247 is nicer and in turn priced higher than Honey Inn as well as another hotel in that cluster called Scenery City. I'd take Scenery City over Honey Inn as its newer and closer to 2nd road, and the room I stayed in at city was nicer than what I saw at honey inn.

Bay Breeze is right next door to Scenery City and has done a lot of rehabbing, and I read that the refurbished rooms are nice, but I saw a room there that wasn't yet worked on and it was very tired.

Thanks

Is the entrance well lit at night?

It seemed to be. I Felt quite safe there. And to be honest I didn't see any aggro or feel unsafe all holiday...anywhere.

Always somebody at reception to take girls ID. Friendly staff.

Although they don't call the room when the girls leave to ensure all is well.

Only bad point was the shit balcony really.

I prefer Honey Inn as its nice enough with all facilities except pool and Gym. I walk a lot in Pattaya and hardly get time for Gym and Pool. Once a while I pay 150 THB and I get pool facility in nearby sister concern.

Location wise 247 and Honey Inn are same but I personally did not like legend. It's perhaps the worst LK hotel. Have stayed at Renaissance and Metropole, much better in all aspects

Thanks all I went with LK Renaissance In the end.

• 2 weeks later...

For the information of any other bm's reading this post and only in regards to 247 Boutique departing from I believe to be normal procedure where the hotel takes an impression of your credit card for any additional expenses 247 actually seeks a deposit of 500 baht on checking in however there was no hassle in gaining that refund on departure.

For the information of any other bm's reading this post and only in regards to 247 Boutique departing from I believe to be normal procedure where the hotel takes an impression of your credit card for any additional expenses 247 actually seeks a deposit of 500 baht on checking in however there was no hassle in gaining that refund on departure.

Yes mate you describe exactly the check-in deposit position well at 24 7. My only additional comment is that I never allow a hotel in LoS to take a credit card impression - I always offer a cash deposit (I do this for card security reasons).

Archived