IGNORED

Attack on passenger who reclined her seat (Southwest)

benny31

Let's hope no one's papa ever calls your bluff.

some of us stick up for ourselves dude, whether we win or not...and its not a bluff.....    you like hiding and having your seat kicked for hours on end, up to you.    Don't be scared, I dont fuck with anyone, and I dont let anyone fuck with me, simple strategy and worked for 68 years, see no reason to stop now unless I am like these guys

6594421.jpg

maybe your waiting till the kid gets tired?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of us stick up for ourselves dude, whether we win or not...and its not a bluff.....    you like hiding and having your seat kicked for hours on end, up to you.    Don't be scared, I dont fuck with anyone, and I dont let anyone fuck with me, simple strategy and worked for 68 years, see no reason to stop now unless I am like these guys

attachicon.gif6594421.jpg

maybe your waiting till the kid gets tired?

Nothing wrong sticking up for yourself,but if a guy looks like mike tyson it might not be a very good idea to offer him on,i have a good idea who would be able to tie me in knots if things got out of hand. :laugh:

A pretty simple concept that some people cannot understand for some reason ?....... its up to the person who paid for the seat whether they wish to recline or not, not other passengers.

The airlines don't have respect for coach passengers.   Notice that they don't pit the passengers against each other in business or first.

The airlines don't have respect for coach passengers.   Notice that they don't pit the passengers against each other in business or first.

What airline does that to coach passengers?

I have never seen it.

The airlines don't have respect for coach passengers. Notice that they don't pit the passengers against each other in business or first.

Disagree, my guess is coach make up the bulk of thier flight revenue.

On the ground in Pattaya? Arriving Soon? Have LINE installed on your phone?

Join the (unofficial) Pattaya-Addicts group on LINE and meet a fellow monger for a beer or 10.

Pop into see Larry at babydolls or noddy at butterfly bar to be added.

lots of people in a confined space, it is not your home.

as well as being respectful to other pasengers, for which everyone believes they are~

you must also be tolerant!

Anger, frustration has no place on an aircraft.

Airline seating is classic example of capitalism. Airlines want to maximize profits, because that's what good businesses do. They do that by giving consumers what they want and controlling expenses. On the other hand consumers want the highest quality product or service at the lowest cost. In the case of airline seating consumers have spoken and voted with their wallet they want the lowest cost fare and they're willing to give up comfort and other niceties to get that. So for all airline passengers that look to save a quid/dollar/baht on deciding which airline to fly, and comfort be damned, airlines have listened and given you exactly what you're willing to pay for.

That's the silliest thing I've ever read from someone who has no ideas about airline protocols.

"pit passengers against each other" (facepalm)

after she got her 'concusion' did she continue on the flight?

I bet she did........

It annoys me when people just drop their seats and don't give a damn about the people behind them.

It might be their right. But it's impolite and rude.

I always let the person behind me know I'm going to recline my seat before I actually do so...no problems yet

I always let the person behind me know I'm going to recline my seat before I actually do so...no problems yet

Good point. No problem to solve then. .....Except if the person in front isn't as polite. I mean exercise their 'recline rights' lol.

I never do, just opens to a discussion or argument.   I do however, lower it very slowly so they know whats up.  I really dont want to discuss with anyone what position my seat is in, I go with the airline on this

Disagree, my guess is coach make up the bulk of thier flight revenue.

Perhaps but it is not about revenue. It's about margin.

Reminds me of the $1 hamburger story, every one cost $2 to make but the owner was "going to make it up on volume." Technically possible perhaps but unlikely. It is very unlikely for an airline with limited seats on offer. The margin/profit for airlines is in the higher class seats and add on charges to the cattle class, just like Mickey Ds makes much of its margin on all of that soda and very little on those buck burgers.

I never do, just opens to a discussion or argument.   I do however, lower it very slowly so they know whats up.  I really dont want to discuss with anyone what position my seat is in, I go with the airline on this

Good to know that you don't actually care about those behind you. You won't mind if I prevent you from doing so, then, I guess. ;-)

Good to know that you don't actually care about those behind you. You won't mind if I prevent you from doing so, then, I guess. ;-)

Outside of meal time or enforced situation the crew will side with the person that wants to recline and sleep.

doesn't matter if I mind or not.  I would love you to keep your seat straight the entire time, if you are silly enough to do so.  The seats are made to go back, where do you have a problem with that?   You need someone to explain it to you?  there is a picture here showing your space, doesn't include the space where the seat would go back.  You dont like it, dont go on the plane, or get a more expensive seat.  Ever wonder why some seats are more expensive and people buy them?   If someone behind me didnt like me putting the seat down, too bad, it was made for that, I paid for that, and he knew it before getting on the plane.   Would you do a 17 hours flight wtih the seat up, I doubt it

Seat goes back one of you will be inconvenienced.  You or the person behind you, why should they win, you are doing nothing wrong and they knew the score when picking the seat

Let me guess. Your last name is "Bus", right ?  :Hello1:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

no, my last name is "Chai", but thanks for asking.

:Whistle:  :LMFAO:  :LMFAO:  :LMFAO:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

I had someone give me a hard time for reclining my seat a year ago. I just stared at the person like they were crazy, and pushed it all the way back.

Is this a "thing" now? You aren't supposed to recline your seat? Sorry, I'm not sitting upright for 12 - 16 hours :)

I actually do not get annoyed if someone reclines their seat.  However I do get annoyed if they "slam" their seat back when they recline.

As a courtesy to my fellow passengers, I always "slowly and gently" push my seat back.  After all you never know if they have food or a beverage on their tray. 

I actually do not get annoyed if someone reclines their seat.  However I do get annoyed if they "slam" their seat back when they recline.

As a courtesy to my fellow passengers, I always "slowly and gently" push my seat back.  After all you never know if they have food or a beverage on their tray. 

I don't normally fly coach, but when I do, I telegraph my intentions to the person behind me as a courtesy.

• 2 weeks later...

If somebody would ask me polite and tell me they have a physical problem which make it hard for them if i recline my seat i would not do it, without having the feeling i've been served short or so.... I'm not a difficult guy, but nobody ever complained to me when i reclined my seats and i never complained to other people when they reclined theirs.

Last trip there was a mom with a crying child (2years old?) she looked very embarrassed because of her child making all this noise. It is annoying of course! But BM Coolsmoe and myself made a joke about it and some couple caught the child's attention with some animation on an ebook, the kid soon fell asleep and the mom smiled at us everytime we looked, said goodbye when we arrived too.

Maybe we should all be a little bit more tolerant towards eachother , sure we would have a better time while spending our time here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to bump this but I had to say something about what you said here. 

I had to fly, had to, with my daughter when she was 2 1/2 years ago. She got upset when the plane took off and was throwing a fit. I was horrified at the trouble she was causing other passengers and tried everything to get her to quiet down. A guy across the way started making funny faces at her and got her laughing. She very quickly fell asleep after that and slept, thank god, the rest of the way.

I just wanted to say thank you for what you did. The parents of the young kids, most of us, do NOT want a scene. I never wanted to fly when my kids were young because of it. If I did fly it, was because I had no choice.

I will also say this. The good parents who are flying with young kids are really having a rough time when our kids start going off. I saw a reply earlier about meeting someone after the flight. If someone had threatened me with this, after all the stress I had with flying with a baby, I would have GLADLY taken them up on the offer. I do not think they would have liked getting to know me.

Archived