IGNORED

Hanes T-shirt in Pattaya?

izzyg

My favourite brand for T-shirts is Hanes. Now they have taken the decision to stop selling these in my home country. :Banghead2:

Anyone know if you can buy Hanes in Pattaya?

logo-brand-hanes-lg.png

See if Jiffyshirts will ship to your area.

They have Hanes, Gilden, and Anvil as well.  I've ordered 52 shirts from them, as well as some of the other stuff on their site.

HNc6KmD.jpg

See if Jiffyshirts will ship to your area.

They have Hanes, Gilden, and Anvil as well. I've ordered 52 shirts from them, as well as some of the other stuff on their site.

HNc6KmD.jpg

Very good selection and prices, but ship only to US.

Very good selection and prices, but ship only to US.

Yes, probably true.  However, I've been doing business with them for some time, and they're very responsive to customer service.

Perhaps message them and see what they can do regarding International shipping.

Now that I think about it, however, when I place an order, it searches through many warehouses throughout the US, and I sometimes get two or three packages from three different cities within the same order.  They might be aggregator that sends the UPS information to each wharehouse that has the item(s) in stock.

Being in the USA is a great advantage with respect to things like this.  Things are so competitive and we can get so many great deals online.

Now that Jiffyshirts is not an option, you are correct the Hanes, Gilden, and Anvil are the top three regarding cotton T-shirts.

I would suggest looking for a high-quality T-shirt seller in your area.  Cotton is cotton, but not all cotton processes and quality are the same.

Read up on Ringspun cotton, and the variances between light (under 5 oz,), heavier (over 5 oz,), mixes of polyester and cotton, and moisture-wicking material(s).

Unfortunately, most of the cotton T-shirts in Thailand are of lower quality, and if there are some good ones, they might be pretty hard to find, there is a difference between Ringspun vs. standard, but just because they say it, doesn't mean it's true, that is if they even know what Ringspun cotton is, or even have it there.

http://www.theadairgroup.com/resources/regular-vs-ring-spun-cotton-whats-the-difference/

REGULAR VS RING-SPUN COTTON: WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?

2000G_WHITE.jpg

Many people wonder what the difference is between regular and ring-spun cotton. In a nutshell, ring-spun cotton is nicer and feels softer. But why is that?

The processes for creating regular cotton and ring-spun cotton are totally different. Regular cotton is made from soft vegetable fibers that are twisted together to make yarn, which is then woven to make material. Most of the industry standard t-shirts, such as Gildan, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, and other major mills, provide regular cotton t-shirts. Regular cotton is less expensive to make, which means it’s a big seller.

Ring-spun cotton, on the other hand, is completely different. Ring-spun yarn is made by twisting and thinning the cotton strands to make a very fine, strong, soft rope of cotton fibers. Ring-spun cotton t-shirts are more durable and last longer than their regular counterparts, but will also be more expensive, too.

Mostly, whether your t-shirt is regular or ring-spun won’t make too much of a difference. If you’re curious, though, you can probably tell the difference between the two by picking them up. Ring spun cotton feels heavier to the touch than regular cotton, even though it isn’t.

So which is better: ring spun or regular cotton? It’s hard to say. For a softer, more durable t-shirt, go with ring-spun. For cheap t-shirtsthat you can wear over and over again, check out some of our regular wholesale cotton t-shirts.

As for Hanes in Thailand, the problem is that in Thailand, as well as other SE Asian nations, there many textile manufacturers and factories with cheap labor making cotton T-shirts.  Most of which are low quality, as the market is lower income.

You probably can get Hanes in Thailand, however, this probably be limited to high end department stores like Emporium in Bangkok, and the shirts would be imported, and ridiculously expensive, as any high-quality department store imports are.

Now I can see why my late friend who lived in Pattaya, even though he was a multi-millionaire, would ask me to bring him X-Large quality t-shirts from the USA.  He'd order them online and have them shipped to me.

Bottom Line, I don't think you're going to find higher quality in Thailand than you might find in Europe.

Does Amazon ship to you?  Hanes goes for about $5 per shirt on Amazon.  

Again, if you can't find Hanes, look for high-quality Ringspun, lightweight, under 5 oz.

You probably can get Hanes in Thailand, however, this probably be limited to high end department stores like Emporium in Bangkok, and the shirts would be imported, and ridiculously expensive, as any high-quality department store imports are.

A Hanes Beefy-T cost $12-$18 in my home country. I guess most US folks would think that is expensive. ;-)

A Hanes Beefy-T cost $12-$18 in my home country. I guess most US folks would think that is expensive. ;-)

You're reminding me how good we have it. Now I see why Amazon is aggressively trying to expand worldwide. I've been told that some Europeans have Amazon, as they have a shipping hub in Germany.

With Jiffyshirts, the prices are low, as are their competitors, and free shipping if you spend $59. If you want to return for any reason, you print up a UPS return slip, and drop it off at a UPS store.

As you can see by my collection, I can go overboard with every color to coordinate with my button-downs. I'm wearing a green undershirt and red tailored shirt, from Pinky BKK, right now for our office holiday party in an hour.

Yes, I do find $12-$18 expensive for a plain cotton undershirt. I searched and found Jiffyshirts because I felt $5 for a plain black Hands t+shirt was expensive. See the 12 black shirts in the right column.

Good luck with the shirts.

I do agree,however, the high quality does make a difference.

If I could, I'd let you ship them to me in the US, and then ship them to you. I don't have a doorman, so all my packages are shipped to my cleaners. I can't turn them into a shipping hub though.

• 3 weeks later...

Big C klang 149 Bht

Got two last week

Thanks! Was this in Big C shop or one of the stalls/smaller shops outside?

• 2 weeks later...

Big C klang 149 Bht

Got two last week

Found them, but unfortunately they were the flimsy version and not the "Beefy-T" I look for.

Quality is an issue, and although there's many factories, textile plants, and cheap labor in Thailand, Hanes, Guilden, and Anvil make the highest quality ringspun cotton shirts for the price.

Unfortunately, due to high custom fees, they're priced significantly higher overseas.

It's too bad Jiffyshirts doesn't ship outside of the US, or there's not a means to pay for International shipping with any of these aggregator sites.

Archived